Huge FfH Fire map

Nikis-Knight

Deity
A Semi-official Huge Fall from Heaven map. Not official, but civ placement shouldn't contradict any of the civ-pedia fiction or history.

It's possible to reach every rival without sailing, but there ae some islands and such to reward sea going players.

Requires version .20 or later of Fall from Heaven 2.
Get it here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=171398
Two maps are included, one with every civ already set (Giant FfH) which precludes Infernals and Mercurian from joining, and one without the Lanun and Sidar (Giant FfH 16), to account for these new features.

Unzip the folder and place the maps in the "custommaps" folder in the Civ 4 folder.
(Probably C:program files, firaxis games, civ 4, custom maps, depending on how you installed Civ 4.)

Illians aren't a full civ, just represented by a few barbarians.

I tried to use the more 'iconic' leaders for each civilization, but feel free to go in and edit it to play as your favorite leader, by right clicking and selecting open with wordpad. That much should be simple, find teams, type the leaders name in caps. If you have trouble, post. :)

While care was taken with resource placement, I make no garuntees about balance, but if you point out glaring issues I'll be glad to update.

3rd revision attached: Now with nicer starting locations! (And less towers, since those spawn on their own as well.)
ffhmap.JPG

Attachments

• Giant FfH.zip
    103.7 KB · Views: 529
Awesome.

Assuming that some civs might get snuffed by the time the AV is founded would the Infernals show up then or would the game not allow the extra civ even then?

Is there are a reason why Sabathiel has a different handicap (Prince) than everyone else (Noble)?

Also, I suspect that you'll have to remove the last two Civs to allow for the Infernal and Mercurians, and even doing that is not as straightforward as you make it seem. I would warn those without experience modifying WorldBuilderSaves: it's quite painful and not at all intuitive.

The Infernal and Mercurians are a big selling point for Fire, and discluding them really takes away from this scenario, especially to include leaders with traits that haven't even been implemented.

Is there are a reason why Sabathiel has a different handicap (Prince) than everyone else (Noble)?

Also, I suspect that you'll have to remove the last two Civs to allow for the Infernal and Mercurians, and even doing that is not as straightforward as you make it seem. I would warn those without experience modifying WorldBuilderSaves: it's quite painful and not at all intuitive.

The Infernal and Mercurians are a big selling point for Fire, and discluding them really takes away from this scenario, especially to include leaders with traits that haven't even been implemented.

1-Umm.. because I didn't proofread well enough? Thanks.

2-You're right, and I'll upload an alternate tonight.

well, there seem to be 2 calabim nations, both with alexis as leader, and 2 sheiam nations

plus, what's up with all the nations right on top of each other?

the map itself is fantastic, but some of the starting locations are awful, just awful

i think that every nations starting location should be really nice, so the early game isn't completely depressing

the shape of the world, the hell island are great, but the starting locations, and those doubled up civs are confusing me

well, there seem to be 2 calabim nations, both with alexis as leader, and 2 sheiam nations
Thanks, a fixed version is up now.

plus, what's up with all the nations right on top of each other?
I was worried there was too much open space, although the two Dwarves and the Grigori are kind of tight. I guess I show my bias for few cities and closer enemies.
the map itself is fantastic, but some of the starting locations are awful, just awful

i think that every nations starting location should be really nice, so the early game isn't completely depressing
I tried not to over do resources, but I'm open to adding more. Anyone in particular?
the shape of the world, the hell island are great, but the starting locations, and those doubled up civs are confusing me
Thanks for pointing that out.

I've not had a chance to play today's updated map, but I must say I've really enjoyed the game I've played so far on this map as the Elohim. I've had long, protracted battles with Alexis that are the stuff of legend. :cool: The marble resource makes the Great Library a natural fit for the Elohim, too.

:goodjob:

I played as the Khazad, and had a horrible time starting up. Very slow.

I don't suggest putting ALOT of resources on the map, but at least 2 food resource and a hammer resource per capital location makes the early game so much easier.

It seems like alot, and it is, but if everyone gets it it's fair. I hate when I'm playing a random map, and I start out in a location with one or no resource. It's no fun to play.

Awesome.

Assuming that some civs might get snuffed by the time the AV is founded would the Infernals show up then or would the game not allow the extra civ even then?

The first public releases of "Fire" would have done this. But the latest patches wont. That was actually what was causing some of the issues when the infernals and mercurians came in (they would take a used player number from a dead civ and still have some of its attributes). Now I block on it and they won't come in if their have ever been 18 civs.

No workaround in sight?
Not that it bothers me, my pathetic laptop would never let me run the full 18 civs anyway...

how can one make a gigantic map for ffh 2? i was thinking something around 250 x 150 or so.

Hi, didn't see your post. I'm not sure it works with the current version, since it has stone which was removed. I will update it for version .24 when it is converted to BtS.

It's for Warlords? (Perhaps update 1st post then.) Any ETA on a BtS version? (And I think it deserves a proper mention in the DL Database as well.);)

There is a BTS version in the Modmods & maps sub-forum in the FfH forum. Nikis-Knight map is called Knights of Erebus.

Top Bottom