Human Model for Poser

Sorry it took so long to respond ShiroKobbure... I posted the Aiel in the first post in this thread... While it was made for the Wheel of Time Mod the male figure does have a turban figure that you may find useful (or maybe not). I do have a few hair props lying around I'll try to zip them up soon.
Same goes for the firing poses Flamescreen... While the pose depends on the weapon used I'll get a few of mine together and post them soon.

Well, since I'm asking for something free, I really can't complain about it.
I have many hands poses but to animate you need more. I'll just work around what you give(if I wanted a pistol and you posted a shotgun, I could pretend the guy is holding one of those Dirty Harry guns for instance, but that's too much unwanted info).

Thanks anyway! :)

I've uploaded a collection of Hair Props I've made for various units I've done. Plus the hair included with the Poser program should work with minimum scaling (the simpler the better, preferably without transparencies).

I've also uploaded my Gnoll figure (Hyena headed Man) with a texture and several clothing figures for him.

About the Firing Poses: I recently switched over to a new computer and left a lot of my old stuff behind. I'm trying to track down a site I remember from ages ago that had a lot of poses like that. Sorry for the delay.

Kinboat, say I want to use only the wrist-stuff from your bear costum, how do I do it to get only these two parts without having the rest ?

I can't say thanks enough for posting these models Kinboat. It makes it possible for guys like me with no modeling skills whatsoever to remain in the creation biz. :goodjob: I'm sure TJedge will be especially happy about the release of the gnoll model, since the gunman is the last unit he needs for the D&D mod if I remember correctly. You wouldn't happen to also have any gnoll muskets laying around somewhere would you? :mischief: If not, I can do some searches online to see what I can come up with.

Thanks again KB.

Try this site for the Firing Poses... http://www.greylight.com/poserposes.html

LouLong: Load the Bear Costume and open up the Grouping Tool. Select the forearm and create a new group (call it whatever you want). Then you want to select any polygons you want to use (in this case the wrist band). You can also choose the Include Material button and any polygons that use the selected material will be added to your selection. When you have the group you want click the Spawn Props button. This will make a seperate prop object from your selection. Exit out of the Grouping Tool and you can delete the Bear Costume and a prop should be left behind... Repeat as nessecary :D

I forgot about the musket... Give me until Wednesday and I'll get you one.

Thanks, I got it working :)

Now if it is not too much, I still have 2 problems (1 being an old one that made me stop trying a long time ago but I hope I can overcome that) :
- I tried using your loincloth (# 3) but it does not move with the body... I tried using the grouping tool (random attempts) but to no avail.
- main problem : when the guy runs the loincloth does not move. It moves around the hips but the front is "broken" by the upper leg movements...

Any way out of that ?
For the first one, I put loincloths in characters and not in props, could that be the problem ?

The loincloths belong in the characters folder not props, so you did that part correctly. Now for the other part of your problem, the answer is you have to move it yourself in each frame. If you look at the property dials there's a bunch of morph abilities. You have to adjust those through the animatioin to make sure there's movement and no poke-through. Sorry it's not a quick, easy solution, but that's the only way I see how to solve your problem. Kinboat can tell you otherwise if there's an easier way.

Nope CamJH you got it right... The loincloth isn't a 'Conformable' figure. I did this mostly so I could move it around without having to follow the legs all the time. Plus it would present other problems if it was fully conformable.

There should be a list of Dials to morph it into different shapes.

OK, thanks.

But I realize my wording was poor which means you probably thought my 2 questions were the same one....
Actually my first one was I cannot group the loincloth with the body so if I rotate the body (and other props), the loincloth does not move. Is that normal too ? Do I have to to do it manually ?

Another question : I would like to use the serf suit but would like to change colors, add paterns (mostly first a white cross). How can I do it ? Is there an image file somewhere I can modify ?

Thank you !
I don't promise anything but I am trying once more. If Steph can solve the palette problem (which was my major pb when I tried before), maybe I will do something.

I love the new props Kinboat and I'll use them, thanks!!! :)
BTW, I have two suggestion to future props:
- A tricorner hat
- Different "helmet feathers" used by souther tribes of the American continent, like the above image

LouLong said:
OK, thanks.

But I realize my wording was poor which means you probably thought my 2 questions were the same one....
Actually my first one was I cannot group the loincloth with the body so if I rotate the body (and other props), the loincloth does not move. Is that normal too ? Do I have to to do it manually ?

Another question : I would like to use the serf suit but would like to change colors, add paterns (mostly first a white cross). How can I do it ? Is there an image file somewhere I can modify ?

1. I've never used the loincloth props, but I'd assume that you would parent the loincloth to the paperdoll's hips. The would be my first suggestion.

2. As far as modifying the serf suit . . . If you simply want to change the colors, you can do that in Poser pretty simply--just change the color of the material. If you want to add patterns and stuff, the easiest way would probably be to create an image map of the .obj file. I believe that Kinboat has a link to UVMapper in his signature. Download this, open the serf suit .obj file in it, and create a texture map. You might need to play around in UVMapper a bit before you get a texture map that you can use. (You can get all kinds: from the top, from the front, from the side, from front and back, etc.) Then, you can create your pattern on the image map and apply that texture to the model in Poser. Hope this helps.

P.S. I sent you a pm.

Yes the easiest way to do it is to select the Belt and go up to the Figure Menu and Parent Figure... Then select the Hip body part from the list.

If I've set them up correctly then the UVMapper program should have all my figures laid out in a similar way. There should be a Front and a Back view. So just open the OBJ file up in UVMapper and save an image template that you can then paint however you like :D

Kinboat said:
If I've set them up correctly then the UVMapper program should have all my figures laid out in a similar way. There should be a Front and a Back view. So just open the OBJ file up in UVMapper and save an image template that you can then paint however you like :D

As far as I can tell, they are all set up like this. I just think that sometimes it's easier with a front only view, especially if you need a texture to wrap around the arms and legs.

OK, I used UVMapper, exported the texture in BMP.

Now I have 2 issues :

1. do I just need to paint the area I want (here a white cros on the front) ?
2. I have tried that anyway but cannot figure how to "load" the new image/texture onto the serf suit.

I also have another issue.

With loincloth or serf suit there is no "set parent" possible. It is greyed...

And BTW Kinboat, your hair don't show in my list. Where should I put them ? (tried props, hair, characters.... (my Poser folder is a mess...).

???????

You can still set its parent, but with any character (as opposed to props) you have to go to Figure > Set Parent Figure. It's right above the "Conform To" option. Do that, and I think you should be set.

As for the hair, it's in 3DS format. So what you need to do it go to File > Import > 3D Studio and select one of the hair models. Resize it to fit the PDM (or PDF if you prefer), and then you can add it to your props with the "+" button on the far right panel. Do this will all the models and your good to go.

I haven't used the UV mapper yet though, so I'll have to let someone else explain that one to you. I'm kind of interested in hearing about it myself.

Still need to add shoes, scabbard and the cross (+ probably colors of the suit but that is the easy part) to finish the modelling and oviously I have done something wrong with the background but I am not too unhappy with the way it starts to look.

CamJH : do you use Poser 5 ? As last time I tried to create units, I had major issues with Poser 4 settings with my Poser 5.

Top Bottom