Human Model for Poser

Yes, I use Poser 5.
I also use Kinboat's defaultsetup, but with a few minor alterations. Kinboat included a note at the bottom of the first post in his poser tips thread that has the changes I've made. Since then I've also bumped the green up to 1.333, but I forgot to mention it to Kinboat. So KB, I'm sure you're reading this too, you can add that into the post if you'd like.

The bow's caught my interest. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with LouLong. :)

EDIT: Oops, forgot to ask. Does anyone have a plume that they could post? I've searched and searched, but can't seem to find one. Thanks.

I've posted a musket and a Pose for the Gnoll... I'm not entirely happy with the way it came out but there it is. If you had something else in mind for it let me know (I was going to throw some feathers tied onto the barrel but figured you could do that if you wanted to).

You don't need to paint in the whole texture image, just those parts you want to use. For instance the serf suit is divided into several different material groups (pants, tunic, Sleeves I think etc. ) You can apply a different texture to each of these material groups... Thus if you wanted a cross on the chest you would just need color in the areas of the texture image that would be the tunic... and then put a cross on the middle of course. Then just apply the texture to that material group only. Now you could of course color in all the areas whatever you want and use one image for all the materials.

A Tricorner hat shouldn't be too hard... I'm not sure exactly how that feather head-dress is worn though :D It looks complicated.
What type of Plume?

Thanks for the musket Kinboat, and also for the pose. :) You're making my job so much easier. Guess now it's time for me to get to work.

Quick question about the Gnoll before I get goin, when you did your gnoll units a little while ago, did you use the walk designer or would that be thrown off because of the different feet in the model?

As for the plume... I've been working on the King's Life Guard unit, and I've been searching online for a pointed helmet along with a plume I could attach to the top of it. I've found neither so far, so if you've got anything like that lying around in your library that'd work, I'd love it if you could post it. :D

Thanks again for all your help KB.

Texture : I am sorry I don't get it. When I have modified the BMP I tried to put it the textures folder but it does not show...
Could I have step-by-step for dummies instructions ?

LouLong said:
Texture : I am sorry I don't get it. When I have modified the BMP I tried to put it the textures folder but it does not show...
Could I have step-by-step for dummies instructions ?

Hi, Lou. I'm assuming that you're using Poser5. Well, you can put the .bmp file in the textures folder, but that won't make it appear in the list of Poser textures. Here's what you need to do. (I use a mac for Poser work, but they should be the same.)

1. Go to the "MATERIAL" room.

2. Set the "Object:" to the figure that you want to modify. (PDM Serf)

3. Set the "Material:" of the figure that you want to modify. (Tunic)

4. Set the "Diffuse_Color" to white.

5. Click on the outlet button next the the white "Diffuse_Color" box.

6. Follow the path "New node">"2D Textures">"image map" and click on
"image map."

7. A new window will open named "Image_Map." You'll see a line
connecting the "Diffuse_Color" outlet button and a plug button in the
upper left-hand corner or this new window.

8. In the new window, the first line will read "Image_Source" followed by
"None;" Click on "None."

9. Another window pops up: "Texture Manager." Click the "Browse..."
button.

10. A window will open for you to find your .bmp texture, select it, and
click "Open."

11. You're now back at the "Texture Manager" window. Click "OK."

12. Now you should see in the "Image_Map" window that the first line now
reads " Image_Source" followed by the name of your .bmp file. If the
name of your .bmp file is long, only the beginning may appear.

13. If you use the "Texture Shaded." viewing option in the "POSE" room,
then . . . In the preview window where you see your model, the texture
of the model may not change. Once you render an image though, the
preview should change.

Whoops... I forgot to include the Gnoll Run animation. He doesn't work very well with the Walk Designer because of walking on his toes. I'll post the animation I have later tonight.

I'll also post the colors I used in my Zulu, and Egyptian units for skin tone.

If the feather that LouLong posted a link too doesn't suit as a plume I'll get on I used in another unit and post it.
Utahjazz7: Did you ever get that problem sorted out, or is it still happening?

Thanks for the Gunshots AND the Gun, Kinboat!! :thanks: :thanks: You wouldn't believe how long I've been searching for such a gun as the one you've posted!! By the way, I opened up the zip for your gunsmoke, and saw that it had a sequence of PNG files. I was wondering if, in Poser 4 it was possible to apply an animation map for an object's texture (as you can in Poser 5) If so, Would it be allright if I used Animation Shop 3 to compile your animation into FLC or MPG format, create an animation map for a singe one of the panel objects, and post the results here? You see, in one of my earlier attempts, I created a turbulent, animated cloud texture that slowly faded to the standard transparent color used by Poser for texmaps, then tried to apply it to a sphere, and the results were....interesting (it looked like ink swirling around in a drop of water), it wasn't what I was trying to do. This smoke texture of yours and a slightly modified method of doing what you do with this coud be the answer to this particular conundrum.

Kinboat said:
Utahjazz7: Did you ever get that problem sorted out, or is it still happening?

Well, I can't really say. First, it was still happening. Then, I moved the sphere that the squares are parented to. At that point, everything was working properly. I continued to move the sphere to an even better location, and I have the problem again. So, I don't know what the problem could be. I'm just going to keep playing with it until I find a location that works well; hopefully, I can find one.

I think I'll just try the new download when I have time. That'd probably be better.

Kinboat said:
Whoops... I forgot to include the Gnoll Run animation. He doesn't work very well with the Walk Designer because of walking on his toes. I'll post the animation I have later tonight.

If the feather that LouLong posted a link too doesn't suit as a plume I'll get on I used in another unit and post it.
Thanks. I didn't think the Walk Designer would work to well with it... unless maybe it had a tip-toe option. :)

The feather is ok, but if you've still got the plume from an earlier unit, I'd love to check it out.

Pretty soon you might have to start doing Model Lotteries along with your Unit Lotteries. ;)

Lord... I WONDERED where all the units came from... now I know ;p

Keeping THIS thread in the ole favorites pile ;p

I don't think you can apply animations as textures in Poser 4... I wasn't aware you could in 5 either :D It does sound like it would make the process easier if you did compile it (at least for those who use 5), so feel free to post it.

Hey a Model Lottery would be easier on me :D

Ok now troublemaker... I've posted the Gnoll Run animation (I made that a while ago and wasn't especially happy with it but it's a better starting place than the walk designer :D )
Also here are some skin tone colors I've used. First I apply the Paperdoll Male texture to the Skin material, now posted in the first post.

176, 156, 121 (RGB) This is the color I used for my Egyptian Archer,
168, 147, 108 (RGB) This is the color I used for my Egyptian Warrior,
147, 125, 87 (RGB) This is the color I used for my Egyptian Spearman,
94, 80, 55 (RGB) This is the color I used for my Egyptian Axeman and my Zulu Cavalry.

Ok I have a few questions. BTW I have Poser 4.
@Kinboat: I am having trouble getting clothes(any clothes) to conform to your paperdolls. I am not sure whether it is the clothes or just me.

@Anyone: I am not sure how to set it up so you can use custom props. I put it in the props folder, but it keeps giving me a message that files are missing.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Well first not all clothes can conform to all figures. Some people have been able to convert other clothes to fit my figure but it's a more invloved and complicated process. If you are using the clothes that I have made for my paperdoll figure than there is an issue that I address in the first post and haven't gotten around to discovering why it does this or how to fix it. Basicly after conforming the clothing you need to open up the Joint Panel and click on the Zero Joints button, and then select the hip part of the clothes and turn all the Translate dials to Zero.

What props are you trying and what files are missing?

I'm using some weapons props I got from CamJH. When the error message pops up, it says something about missing files in .../Geometries/DMDProps/Weapons.

EDIT:Also, about the clothes, would you have some clothes specifically for you female paperdoll? That was the one I was having trouble finding stuff for.

Are these actually Props or Figures? I was under the impression that Poser Props had the Geometry in the file and didn't need a seperate OBJ file, while Poser Figures do use a seperate file. Maybe this has changed in Poser 5 (which CamJH uses), but I wouldn't know why.

Actually I don't really have much for the PDF at the moment. I have plans in the near future to make a few things. The Aviendha figure is an already clothed version and you might be able to work with that... Although I'm not sure what sort of clothes you're looking for (I might make some if they're requested).

CamJH: I posted the Plume I used on my Landskneckt unit in the first post... it's a 3DS file.

Top Bottom