Human Model for Poser

Sorry for the delay, I was busy the last 2 days.

My issue is not so much it is floating (I can drop to the floor) as the grey part beind. Only the floor looks pink... Is that normal ?

LouLong said:
Sorry for the delay, I was busy the last 2 days.

My issue is not so much it is floating (I can drop to the floor) as the grey part beind. Only the floor looks pink... Is that normal ?

Having gray as the Background Color is only a problem if you see it in the camera view from which you will render your animation--most likely the Main Camera. If you do see the grey background from this camera view, then there are a couple things to could do.

1. Increase the scale of the floor plane until you cannot see the gray anymore.

2. Set the Background Color to the same color that the floor plane is in a rendered image. I believe that you can do this both in the materials room or in the posing room from the "Display" menu. (It think it's the "Display" menu. If not, it's one of them.)

Hope this helps.

Yep it's the Display menu... Or there might be a little circle on the bottom right corner of your scene (four actually) When you hover your mouse over them it turns into a dropper tool. Clicking and holding lets you quickly change the color of the Foreground, Background, Shadow, or ground color. It's not precise though so it would be better to change them in the Display menu.

I'm considering getting Poser,(Mostly for civ 3 stuff) But I'm not sure if i want to spend the extra money to buy poser 5. :rolleyes: Does anyone know if 5 is way better than 4 :confused: or which one is better for civ? I'm pretty new to 3d, but i've fooled around with a couple programs. Thanks in advance.

My own opinion of the differences between 4 and 5 is that there aren't many, at least when using it for a civ unit. Poser 5 does have some features (like dynamic cloth and hair) that might make some things easier, although I haven't used it and I don't know if anyone here does use those functions for civ-units. However I imagine they would be more useful when doing larger animation/artwork. Most of the civ units are rather small and undetailed. Aside from that Poser 5 has a different Render engine, but again I think most who use Poser5 for civ-units opt to go with the Poser 4 render engine. I'll let someone who has used Poser5 to chime in and let me know where I got it wrong :D

Loulong are you using the Main Camera to Render your images? And if so are you moving it at all? The Main Camera is the one I set up to render from and I use the Aux Camera to move around and pose my figures... This way the Main Camera stays put and I don't change it's angle etc.

Kinboat, about what angles do you use for the main camera when rendering units? I found something I think is OK, I just want to know what some other people use so I can compare.

joeskip said:
maybe this is the wrong place to ask this question, but could someone maybe change that buffalo warrior in the first post. Maybe change his helmet for that bear cowl I see. And maybe a different shield (round and feathered?) I know this thread is about creating units in general, but I would like to use that unit if he didn't have his metal helmut and shield. Thanks either way.

It shouldn't be too hard for someone to use both figures and just make certain parts visible to get the effect you want. Of course you'd have to get someone willing to take on the project. I'm swamped at the moment.

Takeno:
Not at my own computer at the moment so I'll answer when I get home and check.... It's something like 30 degrees but I can never remember if that's 30 degrees down from level or 30 degrees up from pointing straight down :blush: Like I said I'll get an exact Poser number later this evening.

Wheen I was searching around for info (on this web site and others) Most people have pointed me in the direction of Poser Artist (Poser 4) Thanks for your imput. I cant wait to get started.

My current setup has the main camera tilted by -30 degrees on the X-axis... However Someone in my Poser Tutorial Thread (sorry but I'm too tired and lazy at the moment to look up who did the work on this one) did some trig with the battleship I believe and came up with a camera angle of 35 degrees. At the time we were talking about the normal Poser/DAZ figures looking too tall and with a 35 degree downward tilt those figures would look a little more squashed (which is a good thing in my opinion).

Does anyone know if Poser Artist has Propack in it? Im not sure if i have to by it. Another question: How do you use the Paperdoll and props/clothes in Poser, I cant figure it out! :frown: This is a great thread, Thanks! :)

Hey Kinboat,
Could you whip up a basic T-shirt and longsleeve shirt for your pdm? With textures, transparencies, and the handy little uv mapper, they could be used in about a million different ways. I was thinking along the lines of chainmail and uniforms for now, but I'm sure there's tons of other things I could use them for later on as well. I figure you could just add this to the giant list of models I've requested from you. :mischief:

CamJH said:
Hey Kinboat,
Could you whip up a basic T-shirt and longsleeve shirt for your pdm? With textures, transparencies, and the handy little uv mapper, they could be used in about a million different ways. I was thinking along the lines of chainmail and uniforms for now, but I'm sure there's tons of other things I could use them for later on as well. I figure you could just add this to the giant list of models I've requested from you. :mischief:

I second this request! :)

I think I have somethings laying around that I can post... It may take me a few more days because I'm also getting a few other figures together to post. Maybe tomorrow, maybe Tuesday :D

Awesome! Thanks Kinboat.

-----
EDIT: Oh, and I was thinking maybe something like this, to help out with civ-coloring (or possible texture variants)... kinda like what you did with the pdf blouse. If you're feeling extra generous that is. :)

And yes, I know my artistic abilities have astounded you all. :)

I've put up two shirts and two pants for the PDM figure (first post). The T-shirt has a few material groups that can be turned transparent or not to make it a short sleeved or long sleeved version.

I've also uploaded some Egyptian armor, two breatplate types and my Horus and Anubis armor.
My Lizardman, and Ushabti figures are also there now.

Kinboat, thank you very much for sharing some more of your clothing figures with us. It's very much appreciated. :)

I've uploaded a few figures at the bottom of the first post. There are three bodies and 4 heads at the moment, along with claws and a tail. They can be combined in many different ways to get different monsters and such. At least 2 and possibly 3 more heads are coming as well as a few more tails and a few clothing figures to help round out the collection.

Top Bottom