Human Model for Poser

Hey Kinboat,
I think it is really cool what you do. You giving the bricks to build all these units really makes the game better more then anyone else I can think of.
There are others that are kind with sharing knowledge or resourses too, but your open "here is good stuff" approach is unique.
While I haven't used your poser items yet, I suspect some day I will. And I know I have used units you made and others you made better.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to start a fan club or anything. But I never thanked you personally for making the game so much better, so thank you. Your generosity is as appreciated as your considerable skill.

Why hasn't this thread been stickied yet? Mods anywhere? Maybe put it in the tutorials section for safe keeping. Just a thought before this disappears again.

Thanks Bjornlo... I enjoy the model making more than the animating so I like providing these things for others to use.

With that I've added two more heads and two more tails (a boar and a wolf head).

Yeah I can get a few sets of samurai stuff together. I'm not sure why I didn't before. The stuff I have is actually for an older version of my figure though.

I actually create the model in 3DSMax and export them in 3DS format to use in Poser. They won't have the bone structure and I often mess with the colors in Poser so the 3DS models wouldn't be colored correctly. But if you want me to I can post a few in 3DS format... Just ask, since I don't want to post everything.

Kinboat said:
I actually create the model in 3DSMax and export them in 3DS format to use in Poser. They won't have the bone structure and I often mess with the colors in Poser so the 3DS models wouldn't be colored correctly. But if you want me to I can post a few in 3DS format... Just ask, since I don't want to post everything.
Yes please, I have found an improter/exporter for .3ds for Blender, but not a poser one. I'd like your main paperdoll and any clothes your willing to convert. :)

Well the Poser figure's geometry is basicly in an OBJ format. Could you just convert from OBJ to Blender? That might save some time and space.

Hm, that might be cause of the extra poser specific info poser .obj is saved with. sometimes I had trouble importing other programs .obj to poser(had to be fixed) and others poser's to other programs.

If you get the hang of it, it would be great if you posted some of your stuff in turn, in .obj or .3s format, vbraun. :)

Thanks for the new additions Kiboat.
And a question I had trouble with. You post shoes not individually but as a pair. What's the trick with conforming or attaching them to your figure?(I had to parent the dork's shoes, as parenting pairs is difficult).

Oh, btw, can you make some bear head? I could use that for the Bulrathi in MoO.

I've posted two more heads (tiger-sans stripe texture, and eagle) as well as another tail for the trolloc/beastman project.

I've also posted the musket prop I used in my Janissary, the complete Landskneckt figure, and all of my Samurai armor and props that I used to make those Japanese units a while back. The samurai armor won't work with the newer PDM figure since they were made for the original Paperdoll figure (there is still a link to the original figure at the top of the first post.)

The shoes are made as conforming figures. If you conform them then you need to 'zero all the joints' to get them to fit right. Or you can just use the grouping tool to export each shoe as a seperate prop.

I'll get a few 3DS files together and post them soon vbraun.

Top Bottom