Humankind Quick Questions and Answers

Uh I didn‘t know the AI buys them from the player… There‘s not much upside for you, just the gold from the ongoing trade route. They get +1 CS per weapon. Good deal for them.

I should know this, but what is the actual purpose of the Soviets' Weapons resource?

Another culture bought them for 0g. It says they hurt loyalty or whatever but improve combat strength. It's not making me rich and it makes purchasers better at earning combat stars. I'm not really seeing an upside to having these as a tradable resource.
When you are at war with someone, the trade is canceled. So, you should have a combat advantage, I assume. I didn't have a chance to try it yet, but it actually seems OP. What's stopping you from ploping 10 of those EDs and get +10 CS?

When you are at war with someone, the trade is canceled. So, you should have a combat advantage, I assume. I didn't have a chance to try it yet, but it actually seems OP. What's stopping you from ploping 10 of those EDs and get +10 CS?
10? 20! Or really 1 per territory, stability usually isn’t the issue. If the other player has that trade-even-when-war civic though…

iirc the Soviets' weapon "luxury" applies to one's own units and cities instantly. +1 str per weapon on all of one's units is pretty darn strong. The weapons do apply negative stability to each city, but as mentioned before stability can be shored up in many ways.

Definitely seems balanced around a more punishing stability system. It needs something with the potential to spiral

The thing is that they "buyer" pays nothing for it. They may not go to war against me, but they can attack a third party and accrue military stars for destroying units. Yes, as the Soviets I can do that as well. But it's supposed to be my advantage. Why am I sharing it with every other culture for free?

The thing is that they "buyer" pays nothing for it. They may not go to war against me, but they can attack a third party and accrue military stars for destroying units. Yes, as the Soviets I can do that as well. But it's supposed to be my advantage. Why am I sharing it with every other culture for free?
The money that AI pays for resources is miniscule, especially in later era. Maybe it is a bug, idk. I personally don’t care if it is 0 or 100 or 1000 when I make 10k+ each turn.
Perhaps it should be treated as a strategic resource. That way you’d have more control over who buys it.

Does anyone know what triggers the civic that gives Small Council / +1 City Cap?

I haven't paid much attention to what triggers civics and I can't find a list - is there one?

It seems to not trigger in games where I have a big head start from neolithic, so I assume it's something to do with foreign influence?

Does anyone know what triggers the civic that gives Small Council / +1 City Cap?

I haven't paid much attention to what triggers civics and I can't find a list - is there one?

It seems to not trigger in games where I have a big head start from neolithic, so I assume it's something to do with foreign influence?

Hard to confirm but I believe it has to do with the population of your non-capital cities and the population of your capital. For example, if it will trigger next turn, I can force it to delay by buying a scout in a non-capital city.

Did anybody figure out how to disable population loss/gain notifications from outposts, please? Every single turn... I had to minimize all notifications just to avoid seeing those useless ones...

Nope! I'd like to disable those notifs myself, but I haven't heard of any such option. I basically do forced labor much more often due to these annoying notifs.

Hard to confirm but I believe it has to do with the population of your non-capital cities and the population of your capital. For example, if it will trigger next turn, I can force it to delay by buying a scout in a non-capital city.

That seems very plausible and would fit with the descriptive text about cities other than your capital becoming more important.

I just triggered it in my current game with capital pop 21 and other cities 55. Capital is the largest city, though it wasn't at the beginning. So working assumption is that it triggers when other cities pop are ~2.5 times the capital.

That seems very plausible and would fit with the descriptive text about cities other than your capital becoming more important.

I just triggered it in my current game with capital pop 21 and other cities 55. Capital is the largest city, though it wasn't at the beginning. So working assumption is that it triggers when other cities pop are ~2.5 times the capital.
If that is so a good way to get it is to whip your capital at a certain point. after your second city is up and going.

I’m just guessing here, but I’m more likely to believe it’s when the other cities hit 55 pops. I often drive my capital down to 0 pops in early games when training an army, but find that this civic triggers later, when I could believe I have cross a pop threshold like that.

It's hard to tell what it is, I'm pretty sure it's not a ratio I've also had games where it never triggers, I've seen it trigger at various values/ratios. All I can tell so far is that building units delays it.

I have a save with 3 cities, triggers next turn if I do nothing, if I buy out all pops into scouts it doesn't trigger, if the next turn I plant all my scouts, it does.

Might just be something like at least 2 cities, at least 4 territories, at least 10 total population, maybe modified by map size.

edit: yeah I seem to just trigger it at 10 pop on a tiny map, that being said, my current game is at t120 and still still doesn't have it despite having a huge empire but it is on a huge map.

Last edited:
currently, i have haojing size 4 and 1 attached plot; and fenghao size 6 with 2 attached then took over sus size 1 with a proper siege. did not trigger small council

but had 2 archers and 4 mounted scouts recruited at the capital, so there's that

currently, i have haojing size 4 and 1 attached plot; and fenghao size 6 with 2 attached then took over sus size 1 with a proper siege. did not trigger small council

but had 2 archers and 4 mounted scouts recruited at the capital, so there's that

Do you have any other ideas about what the trigger is? It's seems like the +1 city would be very helpful, maybe even necessary, for a speed run?

no clue, just wanted to add another observation so we can come up with a theory together...

also forgot to mention that i did not disband units to either city

--

this is more like a slowrun :)

holding so far against yellow that went mycenaeans then huns with a capital that is bigger than harappa and seems to have the market cornered for salt, papyrus and ebony

Top Bottom