I live in the USA. USA #1

Kyriakos

Creator
Or of the larger American horror story currently going on ;)

Indeed, the series (American Horror Story) has filmed parts of the new season in this city, although the setting was supposed to be in the US. The actual old building is one of around 30 such neoclassical ones found in the main avenue of the second circle of the main municipality of Thessalonike.

It is close to where i live, some 7 min of walking. Although this particular mansion is currently abandoned, it still remains one of the many landmarks of "the grand avenue of the countrysides", which until the early 20th century was the part of town where the richest people built their mansions.

The actual style of the building is common for the area (regarding mansions), for example here is a different mansion there, which is now used as a painting library:

That avenue in current times is one of the most populated parts of the city. I live in the edge of it, as usual.

-The thread is obviously meant mostly as a very important information bit, but i will include a critical question to so as to help with the topic:

America, why u no use your own buildings as setting for your horror stories?

Protip: New Zealand isn't in Middle Earth.

Theatrical presentation is theatrical.

Kyriakos, I...

I think it's pretty logical that they're filming these things in a low budget country. Like how the TV-show Wipeout is done in Argentina.

Most people want money to be spent in there town.

It will also give work to local actors which I would have thought a writer would support.

I think it's pretty logical that they're filming these things in a low budget country. Like how the TV-show Wipeout is done in Argentina.

Would make sense, but AHS is supposedly one of the main tv series in the US, whereas in the Netherlands i can only think of some split of UK Big Brother reality being ever filmed :mischief:

I've heard of Big Brother, but not American Horror Story.

A Greek reality show would be called horror in the Netherlands.

Many people have also not heard of good restaurants, but heard of burger king.

Right, but your claim was that it was one of the "main shows" in the United States. I don't even watch Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, or Mad Men but I keep hearing about them. The show in the OP doesn't even register on my radar.

Right, but your claim was that it was one of the "main shows" in the United States. I don't even watch Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, or Mad Men but I keep hearing about them. The show in the OP doesn't even register on my radar.

Maybe the rest of the population has heard of it more, though. Going by

Wiki knows said:
American Horror Story has been well received by television critics. The repertory cast have been critically acclaimed, particularly Jessica Lange,[8][9][10] who received the Emmy Award, the Golden Globe Award, and the Screen Actors Guild Award for her performance.[11][12][13] The series draws consistently high ratings for the FX network, with its first season being the biggest new cable series of 2011.[14]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Horror_Story

Spoiler :
And btw, in case you have some ill-fated tendency to think the thread was about boasting (sic), yeah, a tv series set partly here is not really any event to speak of. The thread is meant as being about a horror-related setting which i actually have been to many times (well, there are others, but they are guarded by Elder things and cannot really be spoken of here).

The critics say as much, but the Metacritics dissent for that show. For the three shows I mentioned, professional and lay opinions along with popular exposure are in accord.

The thread is meant as being about a horror-related setting

Because of the TV show? It looks like a normal mansion without the additions.

It's not "that popular". It's just ok... better than some, but no universally recognized title like Law and Order or House or even Two and a Half Men.

Isn't it every American's nightmare, or "horror story" if you will, to live in Greece?

I was watching the Ninth Gate, which has scenes in NYC. I had to tell myself that it wasn't shot in NYC b/c Polanski isn't allowed in NYC, which caused me to focus a bit more on the set. Then when the action switched to Paris, well that was obvious.

I was watching the Ninth Gate, which has scenes in NYC. I had to tell myself that it wasn't shot in NYC b/c Polanski isn't allowed in NYC, which caused me to focus a bit more on the set. Then when the action switched to Paris, well that was obvious.

+1 :)

The Tenant was his best film, in my view. I didn't like the ninth gate, although atmosphere-wise it was very good. The plot was average.

spoilers:

Spoiler :
Psych isn't actually filmed in Santa Barbara either

DAMN RIGHT USA #1

Was there another point the OP was trying to make?

Top Bottom