I live in the USA. USA #1

DAMN RIGHT USA #1

Was there another point the OP was trying to make?

USA #1 is not #1 enough to be used in some films and TV series that are supposedly set in USA #1.

USA #1 is global. It could even encompass Polish Northern Africa is we wanted it to.

Would make sense, but AHS is supposedly one of the main tv series in the US, whereas in the Netherlands i can only think of some split of UK Big Brother reality being ever filmed :mischief:

What gives the impression that AHS is one of the "main tv series" here? I'm not sure what would qualify any series as being "main," but I can't think of any criteria that would include AHS. Some of my friends like it, but it's not hugely popular. There's lots of TV here, after all.

Greece should just be happy they got to pretend to be part of America for a few weeks of shooting a show. Shouldn't be that surprising that they used Greece as the backdrop for a rundown horror story.

Greece should just be happy they got to pretend to be part of America for a few weeks of shooting a show. Shouldn't be that surprising that they used Greece as the backdrop for a rundown horror story.

I agree, i was just wondering why they wasted all the good horror plot ideas on actual US cities, cause they deserve better than that. I mean the violent crime in this city will not be able to best in 40 years the 1 year of Chicago's or other of Uslandia's :)

Granted, though, there's more to countries than mere crime rates... To my defence i titled the thread with #1 so that kind of limited the scope of clear distinction :(

It's called American Horror Story because we're all horrified by Greece.

It is a very well known show I don't know why so many people are saying its not. Ok maybe it's not in the top 5.

I don't know why they filmed it in Greece either, there must beach similar looking houses in the US. I think the previous houses were in America. It's not uncommon to film things set in America in other countries. The really high quality more realistic shows like sopranos and breaking bad are filmed in the real locations where they're set.

Kyriakos are you sure it's filmed in Greece? Everything I've seen says its in New Orleans. Maybe it's just some external shots or something?

Yes, i suspect that only the house and 'garden' is used. The setting seems to be the French quarter of New Orleans, so the house is supposed to be some sort of mansion of the era.

If they had more cash they could have created a Katrina to sweep everything else away, and so film more here as if it was NO :)

Top Bottom