I think I'm getting GnK elbow

Brichals

King
OK I have been playing a lot but I also did previously play spamclick RTS games. And my arm is killing me!!! Seriously though I think the spy menu is not very ergonomic. Late game you can have massive drop down menu with a tiny box and few entries per box. I think it is not really nicely presented, holding there and scrolling the mouse wheel up and down for so long. I'm not complaining of a sore elbow, that's in jest, but does anyone else think the spy menus need to be more user friendly? Just some minor issue, this game is amazing now for me.

That's a bit weird. I've never cramped playing Civ (including G&K), and I played 12 hours of G&K (about 9 straight) when it came out. I have problems playing a game like Street Fighter for a few hours straight, but I've never heard of someone having problems with a TBS game.

Maybe your arm was already injured? Because I highly doubt Civ is the ONLY cause of it.

Well I rarely got some wrist problems so bad. Actually it's very likely that my games have been so intense for me I am forgetting posture and just being too tense. Now this game really got me hooked. There are also so many things in the expansion there is more clicking to do. I did definitely notice that the spy screens are difficult to navigate and maybe that apparently new "a unit needs orders" popping up all the time takes extra clicks.

Three stretches that can help:

- Hold your arm out in front and pull back on your fingers slowly.

- Hold your arms out to the side and move the palms up.

- Stand up and push your chin down to your chest. You should feel a tension in your spinal cord. Look up at the ceiling to untense. Repeat a couple times.

I'm truly not making fun of anyone here, as I too can go on marathon sessions but, did anyone else get the feeling that this problem is a bad sign for the human race :lol:

Every now and then take a break and do some vigorous exercise with your wrist, that's what I do haha ;)

Every now and then take a break and do some vigorous exercise with your wrist, that's what I do haha ;)

<This is a good solution to the above problem.

Maybe its the way your holding the mouse aswel? If your an rts player then you should watch day [9]daily #252 where he talks about hot-keys apm and mouse movement, he has some useful tips on how to hold your mouse properly when gaming. I'm a star-craft player (and an ex piano player) and this has helped my wrists aswel.Here is the link for the vod http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUohpQKVf_A

Top Bottom