I wanted to post a bug: where is the log file?

quikesan

Chieftain
Hi,

sorry for such a dumb question... but I dont find the log file. Is supposed to be in the Rise of Mankind folder but I don find it there, or in any of My Documents fodler or subfolder.

Should I configure it somehow to log?

Btw, I wanted to post a bug about the scenario of Mars Colonization CTD after hitting the next turn button on the first turn.

Thanks!

Mars is a scenario that's never been updated since years. You can't currently use it. I'll fix it eventually but it's very low on priority right now. When ctd happens anyway, a Minidump file is created in main BTS folder, where the exercise is. No need to attach it here in this case.

you mean this file? (see attach) (I added the ".txt" to be able to attach it)

How can I read .dmp files?

The CTD happens right after clicking the next turn button for the first time

Attachments

• MiniDump_1053.dmp.txt
    67.8 KB · Views: 73
you mean this file? (see attach) (I added the ".txt" to be able to attach it)

How can I read .dmp files?

The CTD happens right after clicking the next turn button for the first time

Yeah, this is the file but you cannot read it. And unless you know how to debug a dll, it has no use for you. But it can help developers to discover problems in the dll; if I get the savegame the turn before the CTD occurs, I can recreate the problem and possibly fix it. As I've said anyway, I don't think this is your case: Mars Colonization simply probably does not work and although I'll fix it eventually, it's very low on priority.

ok. Here you go, in case you want to give it a try.

Attachments

• AD-2248-January Scenario Mars CTD after first turn.CivBeyondSwordSave
    310.5 KB · Views: 37
Top Bottom