Ideas, Requests, and Feedback

4 months for 2 major versions? that would be really fast. (no sarcasm)

Last time I checked the estimated release date for the Medieval: TW mod Europa Barbarorum 2 was late 2011.

Disclaimer: Those were only educated guesses made by long term leechers, to my knowledge the team never said anything other then "It's done when it's done.
"

i know they dont need roads but they are still slower than civs with roads.

and 1.5 will be released around christmas i guess

Huh, I didn't know that, but its a good way to balance them I suppose, they are pretty overpowered I guess.

Ahaaa, I dunno, we're working on 1.4 at the moment, the patches are going to be released quicker because we're not cramming in shinies that aren't needed :p

when will civ balance be looked at btw?

atm i feel bad to play the following civs:

illians, clan, archos, doviello, khazad, jotnar, scions, mazatl, mechanos, d'tesh

because they all are somehow broken and way too strong

cualli, mazatl, both elves,

because their mechanics are broken

malakim

because they CANT BUILD ROADS !!!

so i end up with like 10 remaining civs. will there be a balance-release before releasing 1.4? this would be more than welcome.

Frankly, the majority of those civs are at the power level that we want them to be. They will not be nerfed, others will be enhanced. Nerfing civs generally involves trimming unique mechanics and making them less interesting; Enhancing them is the opposite. We choose to make them more interesting, more fun, more varied.

We already said we were gonna release patches... 1.3 hasn't been out for two weeks yet, we're not machines :rolleyes:

:goodjob:

another question:

are you planning on adding unit preservation ai? Would be very nice to see that the ai also trains their superunits and protects them from being killed

maybe add those "superheroes" to a list of valuable units once they have some promotions.

on the other side: is it possible to teach the ai to try taking out highlevel units?
it's too easy to roam through enemy lands with a highly promoted unit. if the ai would suicide 3 or 4 units into that superhero he can almost always be killed but they usually just let that unit get much stronger

@Valkrionn you mentioned above that nerfing Civs is not intendet.
Is a sacrifice mechanik vor Priests of Kilmorph ( Boosom ) like the one for Malakim Adepts ( Oasis creation ) a nerf ? I would like it. :)
Terraforming would then be less chep because the best Relegion for most Races is Kilmoph with Boosom Priests.
As Malakim there is no good way out of Kilmorph because they have nothing to build in Deserts besides their Beduine Sites and with fresh water Cottages ( Oasis ) and they only give mostly Gold and litle Food but no produktion.
Buying equals not produktion.
So a way out of Kilmorph with other mechaniks would be a good thing.

Just wanted to mention 2 out of my first 3 games I was able to finish (500+ turns) using a Standard sized map with the default no. of civs.

Feeling good about that, my last game I moved up to a Large sized map. I didn't have a single CTD unless I tried to reload in-game from a save. If I exited and reloaded a saved game, no problem. I finished a game that lasted 525 turns on Normal game speed.

So, should I go for a Huge map size?;)

Could Sanctify be used to "undo" the corrupted fort of the Dtesh?

Mmm... Possible, will think about it.

@Valkrionn you mentioned above that nerfing Civs is not intendet.
Is a sacrifice mechanik vor Priests of Kilmorph ( Boosom ) like the one for Malakim Adepts ( Oasis creation ) a nerf ? I would like it. :)
Terraforming would then be less chep because the best Relegion for most Races is Kilmoph with Boosom Priests.
As Malakim there is no good way out of Kilmorph because they have nothing to build in Deserts besides their Beduine Sites and with fresh water Cottages ( Oasis ) and they only give mostly Gold and litle Food but no produktion.
Buying equals not produktion.
So a way out of Kilmorph with other mechaniks would be a good thing.

Honestly, I pretty much intend to remove that ability anyway (Boosom).

Just wanted to mention 2 out of my first 3 games I was able to finish (500+ turns) using a Standard sized map with the default no. of civs.

Feeling good about that, my last game I moved up to a Large sized map. I didn't have a single CTD unless I tried to reload in-game from a save. If I exited and reloaded a saved game, no problem. I finished a game that lasted 525 turns on Normal game speed.

Excellent to hear it! :goodjob:

I always play on huge maps, marathon speed, with 20+ civs, with no repeatable CTD's.

Is the leashed promotion on Mana Guardians supposed to get removed when they're captured? It's just that it's a bit strange when my Elk can cast his creation spells on all cities/resources between his node and my capital (hunters prize), which is about half of the world, but not on those in the opposite direction...

Is the leashed promotion on Mana Guardians supposed to get removed when they're captured? It's just that it's a bit strange when my Elk can cast his creation spells on all cities/resources between his node and my capital (hunters prize), which is about half of the world, but not on those in the opposite direction...

They shouldn't be captured... I'll fix that. :lol:

So no, it should not be. They just shouldn't be possible to capture in the first place.

O.o I didn't know that. Subdue Beast -> Subdues beast Elks

Is removing Boosom not a little bit hard ?
Make it a spell only for a Hero or for High Priests with sacrifice mechanik. :)

So a thought for Grigori. :)
The journey mechanik is very good and interesting especially with uninvited guests really funny, but it costs to much time in a multiplayer game. So you have to cut the journeys to a minimum. Mostly your Adventurers not more.
Could it be made with an option, so you can send them to journeys in forts+ and only 1 at a time without the traveling ?
Then Grigori players would have a need for Fort building, with sacrificing valuble land for training.

Excuse my post above with "Buying equals not Produktion" about the Malakim. I think i played them not like they schould be played, because i underestimatet the need for the tech Warfare, Currency and their Civics: Conquest, Military State and Consumption.

We already said we were gonna release patches... 1.3 hasn't been out for two weeks yet, we're not machines :rolleyes:
1.3 is out ?? I'm not seeing any patches in download... is it somewhere else ?

EDIT: sowwy :( I misread "1.31" ....:crazyeye:

I always have been worried about the In-teams races: You're teamed with somebody, and both "race" to get a wonder built in their cities. Won't be better that the other civ would also get benefits for the wonder that their teammate built?
Say one build Form of the titan, and the other also get +2 xp in all the cities.
One build Bone palace and also their teammate gets a golden age.

Or wonders that give city specific bonuses like Aquae Sucellus would also be applied in the teammate capital.

Another concern is the rituals: One builds Blood of the Phoenix, but the other don't get nothing, worse, should one decide to start building the ritual the other is forbidden to even try to build it.

The goal here should be to remove the races in teammates. Could this be applicable?

EDIT: OK; here's another one: Balance teams entirely: Possible?

Currently a Team of 2 is very unbalanced in terms of teching, and I see alliance more a military alliance rather than anything.
Could possibly the overall tech that each teamate gives to their science path be cut to half? So say, each civ only gives half of is science, so a team of 2 would get a 50% 50% for each, giving more chances to non-team civs. (...).

On other point: An option in game to make the AI cheat if losing?
I mean so they get free units, no to outech you if they're losing, so they could be harder to pin down militarily, but not impossible...

As long as we've got sickness on the 'roids here, can we get some kind of building that allows non-coastal cities to pick up bonus health from clam/crab/fish/shrimp? Sort of a landlocked counterpart to the Harbor, if you will.

Top Bottom