1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Ideas, Requests, and Feedback

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by Valkrionn, Jul 31, 2010.

1. dunedainjedi

dunedainjedi Warlord

So if we don't have a resource we lose the x% health after growth potential? That sucks.

2. shoggi

shoggi Team RifE Grunt

You can be assured, that this will not be the only change that will be made to address the health problem. It's not intended to limit healthy gain more.
    And I'm not even sure the granary example is accurate.
    Though there will be buildings that require certain resources in the working radius of the city to be build.

3. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

No no no, that is not correct. :p

There will be entirely new buildings that require resources in that manner. Or at least there was talk of them; Opera hasn't added them yet.

It was not. :p

4. KrugSmash

KrugSmash Warlord

Could you split the Compact Enforced game option into two separate options for the mercurians and infernal? I like the infernals to show up in the game, but the mercurians annoy the piss out of me.

5. Valkrionn

Not likely, honestly. Those two are just too tied into each other.

6. Fluesterwitz

Fluesterwitz Chieftain

Hiho!

If I recieve such a resource via a trade agreement, do I have to specify the city it will be delivered to? Can this even be done?

7. Calavente

Calavente Richard's voice

nope. doesn't work like that.
    For those buildings you'll have to have a cow/swine/corn/rice/(banana?)/fish...etc tile in your city's fat-cross.
    thus in some ways, only the cities settled near those ressources will be allowed to grow big.

8. Tsathoggua

Tsathoggua Warlord

This is a good idea in principle, but is it really necessary to make a whole separate group of buildings to enact the mechanic?

The ability to have conditional benefits from buildings is already in place. Supposing it's possible, it would really slim things down a bit to choose certain pre-existing buildings to offer these BFC-dependent benefits -- for example:

A farmer's market utilizes food resources.
    A forge utilizes copper/iron/mithril.
    A regular market utilizes commerce-type resource (silk, gold, etc).

I just don't like the idea of having even more buildings to consider in the growth of my city. That's not were I'd like to see the emphasis of gameplay placed.

9. Opera

Opera Deity

It will depend on how we can implement the mechanic required to make such buildings. If I can tie the bonuses directly to the resources in the BFC, we could do what you suggest; if I can't and can only tie the prereq for the building to the resources in the BFC, then we'll need to add new buildings.

But I'm pretty confident what you're suggesting can be done. The only issue is that it would require being done for ALL kinds of bonuses a building can get... So we'll see.

10. Tsathoggua

Tsathoggua Warlord

As far as present mechanics go, I had in mind the Herbalist building, which grants +Health on being built and then additional +Health if there is access to Reagents.

Are you saying that, if you used my Farmer's Market example, having Corn in the BFC would have to give an increased Commerce bonus in addition to more Health? That actually wouldn't be a bad side-effect, IMO -- Farmer's Markets tend to deal in locally-grown produce, after all. ;)

11. Swinkscalibur

Swinkscalibur Prince

The problem with the example you just used is that the reagents don't need to be in the BFC, just connected. One reagents is enough to cover every city connected by a trade route.

12. Tsathoggua

Tsathoggua Warlord

I'll add some emphasis:

As far as present mechanics go, I had in mind the Herbalist building, which grants +Health on being built and then additional +Health if there is access to Reagents.

13. jasonjay77

jasonjay77 Chieftain

I'm having an issue while playing as Khazad Dwarves. I can't upgrade my adepts to Mages. I have researched Sorcery....I have a Mage Guild in the City....My adept is at level 4.....but there is not option to upgrade to a Mage. This is frustrating.

14. Pohlmann

Pohlmann Warlord

khazad are not allowed to build mages. look at the blocked units. instead you could go for octopus overlords or for esus and train either hemah or gibbon goetia and then you will have one "archmage"

15. jasonjay77

jasonjay77 Chieftain

which other civs are not allowed to build Mages? BTW thanks for the response.

16. Valkrionn

No, that's not the way it works. VicinityRequirements require the resource within the city's BFC; As in, physically on a workable tile in the city's radius.

As to the other posts: It is far more complex to have specific modifiers only active with a resource in the vicinity, then it is for a new building (difference between a large array or a simple string req).

One thing we could easily do, to prevent a flood of building choices... Have the resource buildings require a specific building (Say, Corn building reqs Granary), and is a Child of that building (indented below it in the building list of the city). This makes it more of an upgrade, less of a new building. Also means you must have the base building before the choice shows up, keeps from throwing them all at you.

That is working as intended. Khazad do not get mages.

They'll have Runecasters after 1.4, but they do not operate like mages at all.

17. Valkrionn

Khazad and Mechanos.

18. jasonjay77

jasonjay77 Chieftain

I also noticed that the Khazad could not research the Runes of Kilmorph religion.....what is up with that and is this a new aspect of 1.3 that affects other civilizations?

19. Valkrionn

Khazad are perfectly able to research RoK. More than likely, you have a hidden option enabled (can happen if you switch mods) which disables the religion.

Simply run a 'Play Now' game, let the map load, and then go back to a custom game. It will clear saved options, leaving you free to play as normal.

20. jasonjay77

jasonjay77 Chieftain

Thanks! That worked.