1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Ideas, Requests, and Feedback

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by Valkrionn, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Milaga

Milaga Prince

Civ2 was so long ago. Weren't these requirements removed in favor of the health system? They are somewhat arbitrary, I don't think this mechanic should be returned to the game.

2. Calavente

Calavente Richard's voice

I totaly agree with you.
    it was not a real fun mechanic.
    I wanted to add some comments, but you said it all ;)

3. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

Most of this has been decided on already, honestly.

Free Health Bonuses:

* Changed difficulty health bonus:
    * Settler: 8 (was 4)
    * Chieftain: 6 (was 3)
    * Warlord: 6 (was 2)
    * Noble and upper: 4

*Fresh Water: 2 (was 4)

*Palaces: 2 (was 0, Capitals get a free pop)

*Various changes to civics that will help

On the buildings... They aren't in yet, but they will only be buildable if near a specific resource. Say it requires corn in the city's vicinity? Must have that resource in workable range of the city in order to construct the building.

Easily possible to do via modules, honestly, as the mechanic is already in place. Check the D'tesh, they are the only civ to currently use it.

4. Randolph

Randolph Warlord

On the off chance no one has thought of this, it would be really nice if in "custom game" you could pick a civ and then have the leader choice narrowed to the ones available for that civ. I love all the new leaders, but it makes the custom game interface difficult to use if you don't know exactly who you want to play. I understand this probably isn't possible.

Keep up the good work!

5. Valkrionn

We can't do that, sadly. It's handled in the exe, which we don't have access to.

6. Sjru

Sjru Dragon

I was wondering, (I know nobody would not do it) if it is possible to mod the game, so civ can use more than just 1 CPU core. Because CIV4 do not use more than 1 core, and using more than 1, in some task, could speed everything considerably.

It is possible?

7. Valkrionn

It is nowhere near possible, unfortunately. That's part of the game engine, we can't touch it.

Civ5 supports multiple processors, though.

8. Doug Piranha

Doug Piranha Warlord

I've been playing this mod since 1.3 was released, and it's fun so far. I'm currently playing as the Sheaim, and something I really miss from Wildmana with its BUG interface is the ability to have unique names automatically assigned to units when they're created. There are times when I want to delete a skeleton so a duskbringer can create him in a different spot, and so I've been naming my duskbringers to make it possible to trace the skeleton back to a specific summoner (so the skeleton says "summoned by Dustbringer 7" instead of "summoned by Dustbringer"). I miss a lot of other BUG features, but this specfic one would be really valuable now that summons are linked to a summoner.

9. Beardy Dan

Beardy Dan Warlord

Heres an Question:

Could the tile counter for Hell/Normal terrain be affected by combat in a similar way to the Influence driven war stuff?

So killing Stuff from an Evil Civ (Inc barbs & Demons) could lower the surrounding tiles counters, potentially literally driving back hell?
    Evil Vs Evil small change to hell as well as Good Vs Good.

10. Erazimus

Erazimus Chieftain

One thing that could be done at the leader/civ selection in a custom game is this.

Put a 3 or 4 letter prefix at the beginning of each leader's name that signifies their civ.

Surely this can be done, since the names are already different than normal civ.

Or are the names that appear there hard linked to the names in game, such as the civ score panel, etc?

Food for thought.

11. arcticnightwolf

arcticnightwolf Emperor

seconded

12. lemonjelly

lemonjelly Modding For Ethne

third-ed :p

13. Tsukasa

Tsukasa Warlord

at least that would be way way way better than now.
    i also hate it that i cant chose a civilization and then see all the leaders for that civ but with this 'system' i could at least find the leaders i want QUICKLY without playing the game 20000+ hours to know the names of the leaders and there civs...

14. Valkrionn

Well, there is actually an icon allowing you to jump between Master and Summon. Or Commander and Minion. :p

On the unit portrait of the Skeleton, there will be a Duskbringer icon; Click it, and you'll jump to the Master. Same with the Duskbringer; There will be a skeleton icon, click it and jump to the summon.

I'm not particularly enthused by the BUG interface, honestly.

Possible.

The names are hardlinked to all the other leader names, meaning everywhere you go you'd see [Bannor]Tethira. That's pretty much why it hasn't been done, been looked at before.

15. Sjru

Sjru Dragon

Why treasure chest (Those originated from the pirate map event) cannot reveal it own tile?
    Actually I found impossible to find them as I do not know where they are.
    Just making them to reveal it own tile could help.

16. lemonjelly

Seconded, that event's worthless at the moment.

17. Milaga

Milaga Prince

All of this looks acceptable to me. It seems to me that difficulty changes are the best way to handle the health "problem." Just give a higher starting health to civs. While I agree that capitals should have the highest population, I have a hard time coming up with any justification for increased health in the capital. Hopefully someone more creative than myself can.

My thought was a starting health boost that degraded over time. Or a health boost for new-game civics, although I can't think of a reason for those.

Brilliant.

This is a great way to spread hell or ice. It is certainly a much better idea than the "I won combat, BAM your tiles are all ice now lolz" effect that ice golems tend to have.

I like the passive spreading of these two terrain types, but this mechanic could certainly suppliment that spread. And I'm sure there are a few civs that could make use of this mechanic as well.

18. Pohlmann

Pohlmann Warlord

when will civ balance be looked at btw?

atm i feel bad to play the following civs:

illians, clan, archos, doviello, khazad, jotnar, scions, mazatl, mechanos, d'tesh

because they all are somehow broken and way too strong

cualli, mazatl, both elves,

because their mechanics are broken

malakim

because they CANT BUILD ROADS !!!

so i end up with like 10 remaining civs. will there be a balance-release before releasing 1.4? this would be more than welcome.

19. lemonjelly

Malakim don't need roads, the lizard/elf bug has been fixed IIRC, the others will probably be balanced in 1.5 when the team go through all the buildings/units :)

20. Pohlmann

Pohlmann Warlord

i know they dont need roads but they are still slower than civs with roads.

and 1.5 will be released around christmas i guess