Ideas, Requests, and Feedback

Yes, there just aren't any details whatsoever and I didn't know if you were alluding to them or not. Afterall, you can check the team forum, which has a thread on them. :p

Or you can just speculate wildly! That always works for me.

Just a question here: The MPLog (Which show units movements), states that when a # unit dies (It doesn't show # has died, but is apparent) that unit moves from the current location, to a unreachable area of the map (Ie: Player 2 Unit 401412 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_NAXUS's Wizard) moving from 47:53 to -2147483647:-2147483647).

This means that such unit is not destroyed?

How much RAM or video memory or processing power this mechanic consumes?

Just wondering: The Optics Tech gives +1 :commerce: to fishing boats. Now I believe this was always the case, even when fishing boats could be built on every water tile. However, now fishing boats are not very common at all. So this bonus is significantly nerfed for Optics. Would it be overpowered to simply have Optics give +1 :commerce: to water (of if that is too strong, +1 :commerce: to coast)?

Just a question here: The MPLog (Which show units movements), states that when a # unit dies (It doesn't show # has died, but is apparent) that unit moves from the current location, to a unreachable area of the map (Ie: Player 2 Unit 401412 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_NAXUS's Wizard) moving from 47:53 to -2147483647:-2147483647).

This means that such unit is not destroyed?

How much RAM or video memory or processing power this mechanic consumes?

This isn't really a mechanic, it's just overzealous logging.

When immortal units are destroyed, they can be moved on the to the capital (or their spawn point, for the four horsemen.) It looks like this message is always displayed even if the unit is actually destroyed. When it's destroyed, all it's values are wiped, and this is why you see such a low (the lowest?) number. I am 98% sure that units that are destroyed are removed from memory and will take up no RAM or processor time in either the CPU or GPU.

Seeing as blizzards no longer spawn in Illian lands directly, perhaps their blizzard caller promotion--seen on several units--could be transformed into something equally flavorful.

You mean, no useful at all?
I always had that spell greyed out, and seriously, you'll need to put a lot of effort to just move that Blizzard(Co.) to a tile where it can harm your opponents. (Even so, it will fade someday).

I think it was already said with regard to mud golems but I'll say it once again :
non-worker working units are at a disavantage for working :

-elephants/mammoth, mud-golems, other "road/fortress/improvement" working units.

-they have a fixed work rate.
-they get no obsidian/stone/bronze/iron tools
-they get no promotions.
-work rate are (AFAIK) balanced to 1) be slower ; 2) be balanced for a worker with 2-3 promo with tools.

Elephants and mud golems are supposed to work quicker than workers : 150% initial work rate.
But, in reality a worker with 1 promotion (2xp with apprenticeship)+ tools is as fast as an elephant.

IMO, one could easily live with elephants/mammoth riders having a 250-300% work rate. (it means they are still efficient late game, and they do not pollute to early game as you can't upgrade them to elephant riders really early)
For Mud golems : I have no ideas. perhaps make them have a 200%work rate, then be able to get some tools ? the 200% makes up for no promo + more costly (but a full promoted worker can easily get 4+ promo), and the tools to get equilibrium.

Honestly I never understood why Elephants and the like can build improvements anyway. I always assumed it was unitentional

Erm, how is the Hyborem's Whisper worldspell used? I've got Malevolent Designs, Arcana Luna (or something) isn't active, I'm following Ashen Veil, there's non-self-owned AV cities, and I've tried putting Hyborem in a city to see if it works then. To keep this on topic - Feedback: It's unclear how to use Hyborem's Whisper :p

After reading the MP Feedback thread, I wonder if D'tesh would not be more suitable as a mid-game addition civ like the Infernals and Frozen, rather than a civ you can choose from the beginning. More or less you'd research Necromancy, allowing a "Delve Necronomicon" ritual which would spawn the capital somewhere, with the usual popup to take it over if you choose. Perhaps the ritual would also give you a slightly-more-powerful skeleton as a hero unit, to give some incentive to the ritual beyond just spawning D'tesh.

However, I don't have many arguments to support this other than the fact that they are fallow (like the other mid-game civs, excluding Mercurians) and the fact that they have highly specialized mechanics that make them a powerful civ. They can just as easily have their mechanisms adjusted to bring them into balance as leave their bonuses and utilized them as a mid-game civ.

is there a mechanisme that allows Acheron to have 35/33:strength: ? (he normally has 25, doesn't he?)
I've seen him that way... and am amassing armies before fighting him.

PLus, Valor having 10% chance disapearrance per turn is kinda disappointing for a lvl3 spell.

I was playing amurites, got the camina aureus (1 weapon smith in every cities) I could not build immortals nor berserkirs. But, I could not build spellsword /upgrade to spellsword while I still had some free phalanx slot.

Another "quirk", spellsword cannot upgrade to knight. I thought that a normal champion can do this.

I was playing amurites, got the camina aureus (1 weapon smith in every cities) I could not build immortals nor berserkirs. But, I could not build spellsword /upgrade to spellsword while I still had some free phalanx slot.

Another "quirk", spellsword cannot upgrade to knight. I thought that a normal champion can do this.

You don't have to upgrade to immortals or berserkers as the Amurites, right? Also, I was under the impression that melee units could not upgrade to mounted units.

Doesn't hyborem's whisper convert an AV city? Can't see how that would work if it was a city spell since it's directed at a place of your choosing.

I'd presume you'd be able to point a click a city of your choice, but I'm unsure of the exact mechanics, seeing as, well, I've never been able to use it :p

This is true, but even if it did work like that it might involve a lot of scrolling to get to the city.
In this case it seems more streamlined to have it activated with the unit.
I never use the summoned civs, I don't like to abandon the one I start with so I have no clue about how the worldspell works! :D

Top Bottom