Ideas, Requests, and Feedback

I was referring to the fact that in base FFH (I don't know if it is also true in RiFE) the AI units get free XP as part of their bonuses on higher levels.

I was referring to the fact that in base FFH (I don't know if it is also true in RiFE) the AI units get free XP as part of their bonuses on higher levels.

Oh, I didn't know that.
So, thats why they barely have adepts, but mages...

Anyways, I think the "Always raze" idea could be a good challenge option.

EDIT: I would like to propose, if it isn't much, to modify the mapscripts (erebus/worldof) to allow a size between Huge and Large.

Because I found Large to be too small for 15 civs (Adequate as decent turn-speed for me) but Huge map is too big and lags a lot.
So, what do you think about?

Two "gameplay fullconversation" Ideas:

1. change the population growth system
2. change the health of units in army size
Spoiler :

The units could cost real population depending on the size and they wouldn't regenerate there live/size automaticaly.
Populatiion growth would be depending on civ, health, civics... (food would limit the population)
I think of Dwarves and Elves with a minimal Population growth and therefore small but strong troops and orks, which have a high growth, train big troops but have high unhappyness of population because of brawling. They would be forzed to build/train troops to avoid unhappyness (orks would have to play agresive, what is logical).

only an idea ;)

Something like that would require you to rebuild the entire game from scratch. Change the city calculations and rebalance all the units in the game for a start. Also, a lot of it would make no sense with the lore.

I don't see them doing it.

I don't see them doing it.

You see the funny part of this?
Everytime somebody proposes or gives an idea, a while later someother show ups telling that they won't accept the proposal.
There's always an excuse. What's the purpose of this thread if suggestions (Decent ones and easy to do, of course) won't be heard? If you suggest something, even small proposals, at the end, you have to do it... ain't that funny? This thread seems to not have much sense.:lol:

It's hard to add an "Always raze" challenge option?
If I'm correct, I saw that option in one of FFH scenarios...

EDIT: I do understand that modding is hard (If it would be easy we would have Rife 1.5 now, isn't it?)... but that hard?! Some of these days I would have to see how hard is it... honestly...

(Still I'm not convinced that adding another "challenge" gameoption would be so hard... we could recycle it).

Some of these days I would have to see how hard is it... honestly...

That's an understatement!

Really, the biggest problem with suggesting challenge options is that they aren't core gameplay. I want 1.31 because it fixes a bunch of bugs and balances things in core gameplay. And up through 1.5, we are expecting features and fixes again related to core gameplay. If you want challenge options, take a look at creating them yourselves. If a dev *does* decide to spend their time on challenges, scenarios, extra civs (I'm looking at you, Valk), then that's their prerogative, but I certainly wouldn't expect it, and I don't see the point in continuously coming up with and posting new crazy ideas if you don't plan on working on them yourself.

Especially if you're not willing to take "holy christ, NO" as an answer...

EDIT: this was written thinking that you were the one behind:
1. change the population growth system
2. change the health of units in army size

and were upset at hearing that that was too hard, because of COURSE that kind of craziness is too hard. As for "Always Raze" challenge option... Valk posted his reasoning for that, and I agree. Lots of options are annoying. If Civ IV let us in a little bit and allowed for modding the game start screen, there would be room for more stuff (like tucked away "Advanced" options, options that accept a number instead of just on/off, etc...)

It's hard to add an "Always raze" challenge option?
If I'm correct, I saw that option in one of FFH scenarios...

EDIT: I do understand that modding is hard (If it would be easy we would have Rife 1.5 now, isn't it?)... but that hard?! Some of these days I would have to see how hard is it... honestly...

(Still I'm not convinced that adding another "challenge" gameoption would be so hard... we could recycle it).

Oh, I was talking about the ones directly above. :lol:

I just don't particularly care to add many more options. There are enough you have to hunt for them anyway. It's not hard at all to add options of that sort, I simply do not choose to.

that"s a real treasur you found PPQ !!

I hope 1.31 can merge some of this :D
It will push one to specialize :D the unit-type one build in each city
and one can add promotions that are granted by the building but removed if one leaves the city (like the archery-related promotions given by walls.. and if one build many archers in that frontier city, one can upgrade the wall so it gives a lvlII of this said promotion :D)

I picture it used by the future goblin race. This could be a way of balancing their initial weakness. So that by end game, if their capital is well protected, they could achieve very highly promoted units. Turning them into a later game power. Not sure if that fits their lore, but it could make sense gameplay wise for at least one civ. The mechanic could also be used in several other flavorful situations.

would be sad to limit such a mechanism to only one civ.

I have a suggestion. Have you considered including this into rife?
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=380721

It seems like something that could add a lot of dept to the game.

What's dept? :p

In any case... I saw it. At first glance it looked like a simple python hack, looks like it is not on second glance; So the answer depends on how it is implemented.

However, please note that we already had our own plans for city specialization using Parent/Child buildings (Using those buildings as 'promotions', you could duplicate a system along those lines with just a small amount of python :p).

that"s a real treasur you found PPQ !!

I hope 1.31 can merge some of this :D
It will push one to specialize :D the unit-type one build in each city
and one can add promotions that are granted by the building but removed if one leaves the city (like the archery-related promotions given by walls.. and if one build many archers in that frontier city, one can upgrade the wall so it gives a lvlII of this said promotion :D)

Like I said... Can be done with a small bit of python and child buildings. :p

I picture it used by the future goblin race. This could be a way of balancing their initial weakness. So that by end game, if their capital is well protected, they could achieve very highly promoted units. Turning them into a later game power. Not sure if that fits their lore, but it could make sense gameplay wise for at least one civ. The mechanic could also be used in several other flavorful situations.

Shush, they don't know what the goblins have. That's from the team forum. :p

In any case, something like that system would have to be limited. Allowing it on barracks is fine in BtS... You don't need barracks to build melee units there. :p

If it is used, it would be in secondary training buildings, and would likely also involve a maintenance cost on the building.

Shush, they don't know what the goblins have. That's from the team forum. :p

IIRC goblins were announced? as a detail-less future civ? Besides that I just outlined what I envisioned, wasn't planning on giving any more details about what I may/may not know to be coming. In fact, when I wrote this I wasn't thinking of anything besides a generic goblin civ.

IIRC goblins were announced? as a detail-less future civ? Besides that I just outlined what I envisioned, wasn't planning on giving any more details about what I may/may not know to be coming. In fact, when I wrote this I wasn't thinking of anything besides a generic goblin civ.

Yes, there just aren't any details whatsoever and I didn't know if you were alluding to them or not. Afterall, you can check the team forum, which has a thread on them. :p

Top Bottom