• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Imperium Offtopicum: Ab Antiquo

Update 8

Stats:

Spoiler :

Detailed Map:

Spoiler :

Comments:

Gasp! An update! And on time too!

So we are down to eight players. With Ravus Sol gone AWOL, I’m now taking over Illyria. Of course, I know all your victory conditions, so it gives me a hugely unfair advantage over everyone else, though it's partly mitigated by the fact that I'm weaker than most economically. Consider me your "boss", of sorts. I'll make a new house-rule for myself, and that is I cannot reveal anyone's victory condition to anyone else.

On an embarrassing note: Takhisis in fact has FIVE armies (instead of four) and Nedim had three (instead of two) and now four, so I've been calculating their income wrong for God knows how many turns. Consider yourselves very lucky.

To partially mitigate this, Takhisis loses nine of his income this turn, and Nedim loses five of his income this turn. That’s the cost of the extra upkeep for one turn.

It is now Turn 9. Update on Tuesday

Claim Aquitaine, Brest, Wessex, Wales/Middle England. out Wales if I claimed too much. If it's still too much, leave out Wessex. Spend rest of money on culture.

The Roman Republic will claim Celtica, Belgica & Germania Superior, invest XX sestertii (20 gold) in to Lugdunensis, Narbonensis, Raetia & Padua, VII (7) into Army quality, XII (12) into Naval quality and XXI (21) into Culture.

On a different note, WIM, please use the right names for the provinces.

Hey, Troy has the single largest Base Income of all nations! :w00t: :w00t:
On an embarrassing note: Takhisis in fact has FIVE armies (instead of four) and Nedim had three (instead of two) and now four, so I've been calculating their income wrong for God knows how many turns. Consider yourselves very lucky.

To partially mitigate this, Takhisis loses nine of his income this turn, and Nedim loses five of his income this turn. That’s the cost of the extra upkeep for one turn.
So instead of 86 Troy has 77 Income to spend, fair enough. Let's work it out…
Attica, Epirus, Macedonia, Thracia, Bithynia, Ionia, Lycia, from 6 to 7. 6×7=42
Crete, Rhodes, the Cyclades, Achæa, Laconia from 7 to 8. 7×5=35
35+42=77​
Another 12 income added for next turn. :sheep:
I don't remember the names, and I'm too lazy to find out. It's more readable if I use more modern names.
No it's not, as everybody else sues the map's names which do not necessarily correspond with cities places exisiting a couple milennia later.
You're also claiming 4 territories when the maximum is three per turn.
No, you can't change traits after you've assigned one. You'll have to build a new army.
Not even for somewhere between ⅔ and ¾ of the cost of a new army plus immobilising the upgraded army for one turn or something like that?

Quite apart from the fact that those provinces simply aren't Wales and Wessex ("Wessex" is the entire South Coast plus East Anglia and the south Midlands and "Wales" is Wales and the Marches plus the North), you being lazy doesn't make it more "readable": it just makes you lazy and unwilling to be precise. (I don't even know where Brest is, but only context makes me suppose it's somewhere in modern Brittany.)

As a rule of thumb: Wales is where Arakhor lives and the thing to the east is Ingerland. To the north, Scotland. Easy, eh?

I went to university in Wales, but I actually live on the other side of the Bristol Channel. :)

Here is how We shall spend our 100 income:

We wish to upgrade these provinces from size 7 to size 8:
Albania, Assyria, Babylonia, Cilicia, Colchis, Media, Media Atropatene, Pontus, Susiana, Sumeria, Syria.
Subtotal: 77 income. Remaining: 23 income.

We then wish to upgrade these provinces from size 8 to size 9:
Armenia, Assyria.
Subtotal: 16 income. Remaining: 7 income.

EDIT: The remaining 7 income shall be spent on culture, thus leaving Us with a balanced budget.

I went to university in Wales, but I actually live on the other side of the Bristol Channel. :)

Coincidental. I got to university in Wales. But I'm English!

Are you trying to out-income me, you great dictator?

The council thinks we should invade you a spunishment for such cheeky remarks, except for all these peskt alliances which say we're your friends, etc. etc. :shake: Blasted liberal peacemongers!

Update 9

Stats:

Spoiler :

Detailed Map:

Spoiler :

Comments:

I'm too busy/can't be bothered to keep playing Illyria. Plus I'm not comfortable with playing a game I'm GMing myself. So I'm disbanding Illyria.

If flamingzaroc and CivGeneral doesn't post this update I'm disbanding their nations too.

As usual please check your stats to make sure I haven't made a mistake.

It is now Turn 10. Update on Friday

The Roman Republic will claim Illyria, Pannonia & Noricum and will spent X sestertii (10 gold) on developing Belgica, Celtica & Germania Superior. We will also spend XX (20) sestertii on army quality, V (5) on navy quality and the remaining XXXIX (39) sestertii on culture.

In other news, Postumus Cominius Auruncus & Titus Lartius Flavus have been elected co-consuls of Rome!

Top Bottom