1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Imperium OffTopicum XIV

Discussion in 'Imperium OffTopicum' started by Robert Can't, Dec 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eduhum

eduhum Aahh the gold old days...

Lurker´s Comment:
    Seeing how people have treated Christo's and Civ'ed's, actions, and thanks to my prior experience in this game, I can say without doubt that it is not what 'what' does somebody but 'who' does it what really counts.
    If Christos was caught doing was Civ'ed was doing quite an uproar would have started. It was another guy who did it, and nothing happens.
    Similarly, extreme condemnations were given to Japan early in the game when he attacked not even a player and you guys watched rather placidly while my nation was getting locomotived like a sexual toy with no casus belli whatsoever.
    I regret having put so much time into this game; once again people are as sholes.
    Such a shame, as the game per se is great.

2. Double A

Double A ♫We got the guillotine♫

It seems like numbered (or at least, big) IOTs tend to turn into a morass of whining, so if you've not been totally turned off the idea, you may want to consider joining one of Sone's games in the future, as fewer people join them.

3. Terran Empress

Terran Empress Hornet

But, Im writing something for Australia, and Im still having fun, I don't want the game to end :(

NC just joined, and Megs is back, come on guys lets keep this IOT going.

4. Tyo

Tyo HANDS HIGH TO THE SOUND Retired Moderator

Honestly I don't see the issue apart from a couple people being a bit too emotional. This has been one of my favorite games this entire time, and I would like to see it end properly.

5. Omega124

Omega124 Challenging Fate

XIV is only mostly dead. It's not totally dead. Reus, JC, Lec, thor, red, mech, RC, and I just had a huge conversation about how to keep XIV alive and we came with favorable results. So, don't panic those who weren't there

6. Sonereal

Sonereal ♫We got the guillotine♫ Supporter

Step 1.) Update
    Step 2.) Keep updating.

7. Mathalamus

Mathalamus Emperor of Mathalia

im in favor of keeping the game alive.

8. Double A

terrorism

9. Double A

So it looks like I'm going to be co-running Sone's nation somehow. Terrorism cancelled until further notice.

10. christos200

christos200 Never tell me the odds

Keep up the game. And really, civ'ed told me in the chat that his main reasons for quitting were that the updates were taking too long and that no one paid attention to his nation. At last that's what he told me while I was trying to persuade him to stay in the game.

11. NinjaCow64

NinjaCow64 Thought Bubble Thinker Supporter

Even though I am going to be disappeared for a bit, I desperately want this to continue. The RP that has come from this has been pure gold, I plan to read through the entire thread one day.

12. christos200

christos200 Never tell me the odds

Yes. Continue it. I will apologize to civ'ed for revealing the chat screens.

13. Robert Can't

Robert Can't Éponine

14. Tyo

Tyo HANDS HIGH TO THE SOUND Retired Moderator

>nedim IOT
    >starting

15. NinjaCow64

NinjaCow64 Thought Bubble Thinker Supporter

>implying he isn't just naming it that to troll you

16. Robert Can't

Robert Can't Éponine

Spring 2113
    Turn 16

BE AWARE ORDERS LOCK ON FRIDAY, GET THEM IN BEFORE FRIDAY TO AVOID PAIN
    No, I will not wait for you to finish your story, no I will not wait for last minute orders I will be updating this Friday/Saturday.

Spoiler :

World News!

Editor's Note:

Dear Readers,

I'm terribly sorry for the delay. As many of you are aware the food crisis has led to the requisitioning of all many resources here in Bermudia so we were unable to meet our usual quarterly deadline of publishing this on New Years Day. We hope you appreciate this Valentines Day Issue and we hope that you have a good time reading it and a good evening with your Significant Other. Of course if you are not with anyone just being seen with this classy quarterly journal should earn you the attention of whomever you want!
    As ever bringing you the greatest available analysis of Intentional Politics in a Quarterly Journal World News!

- Nathaniel Harcourt

The Fight for the Bosphorus- War correspondent Gottfried Faust

The Russian and Roman navies were locked in brutal combat here at Istanbul (or as the previous owners called it - Constantinople) and after a long and hard battle the Russians finally managed to push out the Roman forces allowing a potential invasion across the Bosphorus in the coming weeks.
    Elsewhere the Romans managed to hold of the Black Sea Navy but were unsuccessful in stopping the Russian European Fleet which has now made landing all across the southern and western coasts of Byzantium. The Russians are well trained and Moral is high. And the usual incompetency of the Byzantine navy is offset by their intense feeling of patriotism as they defend their homeland. Unfortunately now the Royal Palace has fallen and been burnt to the ground. Some republican citizens flocked to the streets in celebration but for the majority of citizens this has come as a hard blow to Morale.
    A few pockets of Roman soldiers remain in the city desperately holding on. however now cut off from any hopes of gaining supplies or relief it is unlikely they will last long.

Food Crisis Hits Hard - International Relations correspondent Michael Sanford

The Food Crisis prompted by the Indonesian blockade which was meant to elevate the status of females in target nations has been an utter farce in its intended effect. In fact many UN analysts worry that the rest of the world may see a rise in hate crimes against women as people continue to make gender the largest issue of our time. The Blockade has sadly been effective in other aspects though and many of the worlds nations will be experiencing massive food shortages in the next month. Nations like Malta will be especially hard hit as it has yet to build an infrastructure for its own food production and its territory encompasses the least fertile areas of the entire planet.
    Some nations such as Indo-Persia and GEAR have been mildly successful in creating their own food production facilities though when stocks run out the 90% of the world food that was provided by Indonesia will be very sorely missed.
    This is why so may people are deeming Thailand's efforts to secure the means of production so crucial. Thailand has been able to secure the north of Indonesian territory and is trying to organise the food production facilities located there. unfortunately the majority of such factories were located on Java and it is only because the Indonesian government believes that the world will eventually choose Feminism over starvation that these factories have not yet been destroyed by the government. Many of those in occupied territory have been sabotaged beyond use.
    This has prompted a huge backlash against the UN as once again Thailand was almost unanimously voted not to have a place in its halls.

State of the United Nations - UN Correspondent William Edwards

These last few weeks have been big for the UN. Firstly as Japan is now fully under the control of either the UN forces or the humanitarians from the Maltese Order. This mark a big step for the world. Upon hearing of the sights these soldiers have witnessed many call for more justice to be brought upon Takeshi Shiro, the current dictator of the Philippines who played a vital role in the months following the poisoned food crisis.
    Secondly the UN welcomed 13 new members in this last week. This has caused much controversy though as France achieved membership however Thailand was once again rejected.

Big changes once again.
    No more stats, no more national focuses. We're going full story based.
    Updates will now be more regular and will focus on 4 areas: War, Major International Concerns, the United Nations and Natural Disasters and anything else might be mentioned in the Editor's note.
    If you feel I've missed something feel free to PM me and I might include it in a mid-turn update.
    Shame is now reset for all and recorded in the UN group so don't worry if you are not a UN member

17. Robert Can't

Robert Can't Éponine

United Nations Key Statistics

Most Impoverished Nations -UNHDC United Nations Human Development Committee

Spoiler :

Nation GDP/Capita
    Congo 20
    Kingston Mayornate 28
    Equatoria 32
    South Africa 34
    Indonesia 31

Most Polluting Nations - UNEC United Nations Environmental Council

Spoiler :

Nation Pollution in Thousand Metric Tonnes of Irradiated Material
    Sìchuān 192
    Indonesia 96
    Red Russia 88
    Indo-Persia 71
    Germany 54

Largest Non-Normal Populations - UNNNC United Nations Non-Normal Commission

Spoiler :
    Australian Mandate for India
    Thai India
    Indo-Persia
    Thailand
    UAR

Lowest Literacy Rates - UNHDC United Nations Human Development Committee

Spoiler :

Congo 7%
    Sichuan 8%
    Laos 9%
    WAC 10%
    Equatoria 12%

18. Robert Can't

Robert Can't Éponine

Newsflash:

There was a significant Error in the counting of the UN votes (despite the fact there were only 5). France has been rejected entry to the United Nations.

19. Double A

This is the kind of thing I was telling you to do, Sone.

20. Omega124

Omega124 Challenging Fate

Can someone tell me when I even applied to rejoin the UN? Because I do not remember applying for the UN

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.