Indian civ special doesn't feel right.

muxec

Prince
While there are some of the world's largest cities in India this is only because of high total population. As for urbanization India is on the bottom of the list: http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/peo_urb-people-urbanization civ-bonus that promotes building fewer larger cities would fit Belgium better than India.

Yeah, I agree it is a little strange. It doesn't seem to fit the actual situation in India and why have 2 opposite effects? Seems like they could have implemented enhanced population in a simpler way.

I believe indias perk is influenced by Ghandi being a peaceful guy and it's only leader. So you won't see a classical ghandi go to war a lot, meaning less land, meanind less cities etc. This perk makes indias few cities better at what they do.

But I have to mention that I had my best warmonger game in Civ4 with gandhi, but I also had an excellent starting position. :lol:

I think this comes from a mistaken impression of what a city represents.

A city in Civ doesn't just represent urban population, it represents the *whole* population, both urban and rural.

All those citizens out working the farms and mines aren't living in the city tile.

The Indian UA makes a lot of sense, in that it helps represent the vast populations that Indian subcontinent has always had relative to other regions.

I think what they have done is an excellent way of favoring large populations for India.

India ability says to me:

India = High population density.

Which is true, so there we go, alls fine.

I believe indias perk is influenced by Ghandi being a peaceful guy and it's only leader. So you won't see a classical ghandi go to war a lot, meaning less land, meanind less cities etc. This perk makes indias few cities better at what they do.

But I have to mention that I had my best warmonger game in Civ4 with gandhi, but I also had an excellent starting position. :lol:

His traits are war traits

... You have no permission to use a Gandhi avatar if you cannot spell Gandhi's name correctly. You insult Gandhi-lovers everywhere!

So don't build fewer larger cities, build more cities than everyone else. I really don't want to go into an explanation again, but India isn't limited in it's expansion. It's limited in the rate at which it expands.

Under equal circumstances, The only way a civ will surpass India's city count is if a certain percentage of their cities have populations less than 4. At pop 4, India is paying the exact same amount in happiness as any other civ for a city.

Past pop 4, the city begins to cost less.

Which, all together now; means more cities for india.

... You have no permission to use a Gandhi avatar if you cannot spell Gandhi's name correctly. You insult Gandhi-lovers everywhere!
Go make some salt please!

I think the trait is fine. We can nitpick all day about how traits are not really fitting for a nation or for a leader, but it matters very little in the end. The game is making every nation unique and it accomplishes that just fine, even if the traits are rather curious.

Top Bottom