Industrial Espionage

The customer help desk (like the customer support in the offices) gives defense, because it gives something for the angry members of the public to vent their anger at other than the staff! And the angry public are going to be a powerful faction. Since it's staff expect to be arguing with the public (and agent provocateurs from rival companies!), they manage to brace themselves.

The security department on the other hand might not give as much added defenses, but it has the added bonus of providing extra units, which can be used to bolster the defenses of the building.

:)

I have stayed in many Hotels with a Top Floor Concierge Level that required a Key for the Elevator to go there. The Rooms have many Extras and people are given "the Royal Treatment". What ever you want to drink on the end table by your bed and special Chocolates on the pillows. The Concierge will make Dinner or Entertainment reservations for you well as have your clothes Dry Cleaned or shoes shined, etc... The Rooms generally have a better View, and things such as an extra TV in the bathroom. All much higher price rooms of course :)

90 because I want it to be a rare occurrence (since you can build all of these improvements in the city, you'll actually wind up getting several per city in a 90 turn period). I will reduce the times for this if playtesting deems it necessary.

30 because it's going to be a powerful unit. Since it is an improvement and can therefore be built in every farm, that's quite a few that can potentially be churned out. Though again, I may end up reducing the times.

Coming along very well Virote Considon.

For the Radio/TV, Improvements/Wonders... Possibly have a Gold Record resource and your "International Hit" as requirements to build a Wonder that auto-produces a "Star" which would be considered the Top Artist world wide. Not sure what to call it... something such as "A Star is Born" :lol: or perhaps "Academy Awards" would be better.
Elvis could be used for example.

Easier would be to simply use The "International Hit" to auto-produce the "Star" rather than create another Wonder or Improvement.

... this is only a thought as I am not exactly sure of the over all Game feel and nature you want. IF a Wonder or auto-production is not desirable due to wanting only one Star in the Game, Elvis could be pre-placed and upgraded after the "International Hit" and Gold Record are obtained.

Perhaps this would all be too wild to add depending on what you want in the game but thought I would mention it :)

Ah Ha, OK. Great :)
Do you have Units for everything or is that an ongoing part of the endeavor?
You might be able to use some of the units I am making.

I am having to make some new units for EFZI2 Complete. I plan to make a "Corporate Executive" unit for the Company that will be their starting unit until they reach Guns, Guns, Guns Tech and can build Security Units. For the Attack, I think I will have them Hit with their briefcases, not sure :lol:
Also making a New Farmhand with a Pitchfork, Armed Farmhand with Rifle of Shotgun and "Champion" for the Farmers.
Planning on making a New Detective and I want a New Civilian that is more Plausible than Jaimo.

Those units sound great, I'll most definitley have a use for them!

There are still some units which are really needed, although I think I can take care of them. Here's one of them that I'm making. It's my most wacky unit to date! :

I started it around the same time as my other modern units, but couldn't find the right prop to use for the phone, which is a poseable office phone. Now I think I've found the right prop. The hard part is going to be designing the run - I think I'm going to have her push the desk, and she moves backwards (i.e. stays still in-game), then the desk moves backwards and she stays still (pushing herself foreword). :D

Attachments

• SecretaryBase_0001.PNG
    SecretaryBase_0001.PNG
    4.4 KB · Views: 442
Sounds Fun :)
You could simply have her run normally without the desk. She could Run and when she stops, she would be sitting at the desk. The desk would not have anything to do with the Run that way and it would also not be necessary to animate her getting up from the desk to Run or sitting back down.
You could animate her getting up for a Fidget or Attack, depending on what you want.

Do you have an Attack in mind?

I could use a Cell Phone prop for Poser...do you know of any? IF not I will just make it out of Primitives.

I may do that.

For the attack, she's going to call security on the phone. I may have her stand up and demand the opponent leave, too.

I don't know of any cell phone prop offhand, but when I was looking about a year or so ago, I remember there definitely were some.

Funny you mention calling Security. I thought I would have the "Corporate Executive" Call Security for the Fortify or at least say "Call Security" :)

Some Ideas for you to consider:
IF you want to get real elaborate, you could have her stand up, call security and hang the Phone up for the Fortify then for the Attack she could just stand their watching as a Security Guard comes into the scene and Fights the Battle. The Death could show the Security Guard Death then she could say NO! back up and Drop as she is then also killed :)

Animating her small part of the same Death animation after the Security Guard is Killed would add a little more length to the Death but that would not be any problem because the Death can be long as there is no other animation after it. Sounds would also work well.

The Security Guard would simply appear and walk into the scene from the edge of the frame for the Attack.
This would simply be another unit as the Security Guard added to the Death Animation. It would also be better to animate the Security Guard Shooting it out in front of her as she stands by watching than animating her calling security over and over. It would also show in a Novel way how and why the enemy died as well as if she dies :)
She could just stand and watch or you could have her bring her hand up over her mouth as she watches the intense scene, with Hope that the Security Guard will protect her.

The Victory could show the Security Guard walk out (off screen) she looks in his direction and watches as he walks out and says something short such as Thank You, Your Great, Etc... as she sits back down to the Default position.

The Run would seriously be easier and work better if you just show her running without the Desk and when she stops she could be sitting at her desk. I realize that is abrupt to show her Run from her Sitting at the Desk Default and then after the Run showing her sitting back at her desk but a moving desk would be strange. The Run would simply show her immediately Running and the Desk not being there would be understood as she is Running, Not sitting at her Desk.
That said, I suppose you could place wheels on the Desk and add a rolling sound if you want the Desk to be part of the Run. Keep in mind that the Unit would probably need to be set as Wheeled if you keep the Desk in the Run with wheels :)

Well, the good news is I'm reunited with my computer. The bad news is I still have a couple of weeks of virtually no civ, as I've been plunged into exams. So what I could do is:
1) Release some kind of pre-alpha, with everything done up to about right now. It's currently playable for most factions. After my exams, I can carry on with everything else as normal. This way, people get to get a grasp of how the mod feels. You'll have to do a lot of grasping in the dark as to what the game concepts have been renamed to, although to be perfectly honest, I don't think it's too hard to work out what's what, anyhow.
2) Wait until after my exams and release a proper alpha. Though a proper alpha will take a considerable amount of time after my exams to get released, and either way, it won't be a finished product by a long shot.

So, what does everyone want?

Top Bottom