INES II: Gone is the Old Guard

Yeah, it's stupid and pointless.

Yeah what he said. In a NES where the US collapsed, Mormons have taken over the West, South Africa somehow has Patagonia, Indonesia has its capital in Perth of all places, and China has magically conquered Japan you would do well not to begin questioning things and simply accept it as it is.

I think you guys should relax.. if he wants to quibble over some [/future-top-secret-nanites-launchpad-scenario] little islands, go ahead I say.. i'm not going to get stressy.

Okay. I'll get to everyone else in a moment. The economy problem does not actually exist the way Milarqui is characterizing it, because 3 ASP of investment is a horribly inefficent baseline. With good written orders, ASP increases can be done with 2 ASP or even 1, which I thought I hinted at in the rules. Remember also that the portion of the NES held in December will only last four or five turns, and if Deseret, for example, decides to invest 3 ASP in growing economy on the first turn, it will not have begun making a profit until fourth turn of the NES. Of course, there is something the rules allow called constant investment, which mean that with 3 ASP decidicated to growth each turn, a 5 ASP nation would have 2 ASP left over on the first turn, 3 on the next, 4 on the next, et cetera, which appears to be a meteoric rise, but this is a false increase, because if a 5 ASP power only spent on other things, it would be making substantially more than this. 15 ASP versus 9 ASP of usable spending money is certainly a big difference. Also, because of the relatively short duration of this portion of the NES, if a problem does emerge, which I feel is unlikely, there will be time to correct it before any continuation in the summer.

My point: give me credit, guys. I wouldn't have posted the system if I hadn't thought it through.

OOC:

To Imago: Can you please host the NES maps on www.imagehost.org? I cannot view imageshack.us due to the Great Firewall in China.

Here you go.

For those inclined it took me ~10 seconds. But I can see how it's less convenient than imageshack.us, which stores maps in an archive for the user.

To: South Africa

Wonderful news! Naturally South Africa shall find only the highest levels of cooperation in Argentina.

To: Islamic Courts Union, Sudan, Mesopotamian Union, The Kingdom of Morocco, the Tunisian Arab Jamahiraya, the Arabian Umma, and Pakistan

As-Salaamu Alaykum.
We propose forming our own defensive alliance and technology sharing bloc, Dar al-Islam, the House of Peace.

To: Indonesian Empire

We might form an alliance, and it would be quite large on its own merits, but we will not serve as a fulcrum to enhance the strength of the Comintern.

To: Indonesian Empire

This proposed pact is redundant. We are already allied.

And only one more issue... Crezth did me the favor of uploading the only map that really matters thus far, so if imagehost works for me, I'll switch to it for maps in the future. Let me check.

Spoiler :

Okay, that you must click and then see lots of ads thing is kind of annoying. Let me see how forum uploading might work. Belay that. Somehow the image posts fine above now. I guess I will use imagehost from now on if other people give me confirmation that there is a full-sized image behind the spoiler for them too.

Tell me if I missed something.

EDIT: Also, 3/21 orders in. Don't worry, that mention is just for my convenience. Orders still due as below. Also, since I'm probably going to be inserting this count at various times into my posts, I'm going to stop using the disclaimer.

EDIT2: And for those who soon will tell me that the tech system as currently set up through massive group funds is horribly unbalanced...tech doesn't mean much if you don't know how to use it. Designs and orders are what really count, though of course I belive that tech is a worthy investment.

To Argentina
From the American Federation

We invite you to join the Chicago Pact

The Confederacy wishes to extend the hand of peace to all of the nations of the world. The workers of Cuba will soon be producing coffee, sugar, and various other raw materials, such as copper and chemicals, and the mainland will be producing cotton. The old trade routes of the world are still in use, but the countries at the ends of each route have changed. Any and all interested in trade with the Confederacy should make their interest known. Otherwise, the cotton, copper, and other raw materials will be stockpiled and worthless to you and us.

To: The Confederacy

We also wish peace and prosperity for both our nations. Let us form a trade agreement.

Knew I forgot something.

I've got a question: shouldn't the Canary Islands and the Azores be a part of Iberia? I find it hard to believe that Great Britain would have those islands.

Look closer at the color and you'll find both island chains are actually Iberian.

(4/21 orders in.)

Hey Imago, is it alright if I just choose the flags for the NPC nations of the Chicago Pact, or do you have suggestions?

To members of this Nation, we of the Northern Collective wish to continue our trade relations with other nations. We have oil and coal along with other goods if seen fit. Let it be known if you wish to enter a trade agreement with us.

To Confederacy
I wish to enter a trade with your nation as it seems beneficial and a strong economic move.

Hey Imago, is it alright if I just choose the flags for the NPC nations of the Chicago Pact, or do you have suggestions?

Go right ahead. There are already NPC flags on the Comintern thread, and I'm happy with them.

5/21 orders in.

To Russia and The Northern Collective: PM me some idea of the goods you need, and I will be happy to discuss methods of transport and payment.

History of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations

Member States: Laos, Burma, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Singapore, Phillipines, Malaysia, Brunei, Indonesian Republic, Republic of China

Capital: Kuala Lumpur

1967: In order to combat the growing communism in Indochina, the states of Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, and Thailand band together to form the Association of Southeast Nations, at the time an alliance and economic block.

1984: The pact expands when the newly independent Brunei joins.

1987: Relations between Malaysia and Indonesia worse, finally leading to war. The short war between the two countries leads to an Indonesian defeat. Malaysia increases their holdings on the island of Borneo and the Indonesian Republic, a state opposed to the tyrannical Indonesian monarchy, is formed on the island of Sumatra.

1992: Taking advantage of the collapse of the Soviet Union, the nations of the ASEAN invade Laos and Vietnam, overthrowing the communist government of the two countries. They set up the Republics of Laos and Vietnam, adding them to the ASEAN. That same year, Cambodia and Burma both join the pact.

1994: The People’s Republic of China declares war on the members of ASEAN for their invasion of Vietnam and Laos. China’s army makes initial gains against the armies of the ASEAN, who are inefficient and divided. However, this changes at the Conference of Kuala Lumpur. Here, the nations of ASEAN recognize the need to unite their countries against the Chinese threat. The country becomes a federative republic, and the Council of Southeast Asia is formed, with representatives from each member state. Command of the army is given to General Adanan of the Malaysian army, who promptly reorganizes the army and after a series of successful battles the Chinese agree to peace. The Republic of China, known as Taiwan, joins the ASEAN.

Flag of the ASEAN:

To: American Federation

We do not consider joining the Chicago Pact to be in our best interests for the present time. However, we are interested in partnership, especially of the economic variety. The Americans will find Argentina a prime investing location, surely!

To: Confederacy

We are interested in an economic agreement, Argentina is ripe for foreign investors such as yourself!

OOC: Crezth, I love the excitement with which you express every statement in this NES.
IC:
A trade agreement would be highly beneficial, and will be discussed soon. The communists in Cuba have to be taken care of, then the island can get back to business. We look forward to a healthy and mutually beneficial relationship with the nation of Argentina.

To The World
From The People's Republic of China

We would like to re-establish the Soccer/Football world cup, and that it be held in a city that the countries vote for in 2002.

OOC: If I can do this I will create a thread for a vote on the cities for the 2002 World Cup.

Top Bottom