Inquisitors

Lurking

Well done on getting the shrine and theology during the same turnset. And now glorious "holy war". Wow you even got Alex to help you fight.

PS: what happened to adii he hasn't posted in three days???

Great job Foolonthehill :goodjob:

Unfortunately Adi is not here to shed some light on the rules. Oh well, we can only hope that he will show up soon. Anyways, nice game so far!

1. Adi --> Up now!
2. Krockel --> On deck
3. Omurtag -->
4. Adamlan -->
5. FoolontheHill --> Just played

Lurking and offering some advice

I see that you guys are new to the SG format. The standard rules with SG's is that a "got it" should be posted within 24 hours and played within 48 hrs. In my own SG if (has only happened with one player) a player doesn't post a "got it" in the 24 hours I skip them. Only thing here is that Adiii is the teamleader as such and makes that awkward. I played one SG where the teamleader disappeared and we just carried on. He did come back after a while though so who knows. This game is going well so why loose the momentum..

Cosmichail said:
Lurking

Well done on getting the shrine and theology during the same turnset. And now glorious "holy war". Wow you even got Alex to help you fight.

Thanks! Alex's conversion really was a lucky break as hopefully that will allow us to focus on Huayna and Saladin for now.

We need to think about a city for missionaries as well as Alex only has one city with Christianity right now and if another religion spreads to his other cities, he may switch.

One question for all on the variant. Should we demand that a civ convert before we attack them, if they will consider it?

Just realized that I didn't convert to Theocracy at the end of my set :wallbash:. Whoever picks up the next set, should do that asap for the experience boost.

i fink that if adii isnt bak in the next day we shud just carry on without him and well done foolonthehill good turn set gettin the shrine and foundin it

Hey guys if you would like a fill in until adiii gets back I'm gain.....

I just had a look at the save and I like what I see. Like Foolonthe pointed out Huayna is a good first target. He's the only buddist, after we have killed him we need to take on the whole hinduist block at once, Monty, Bismark and Saladin that is. Maybe Saladin will convert to CoL though, he's the founder of that after all.

For research we are 8 turns from construction. After that we need Meditation for Monastries, spread the word all night long. Monarchy should be a priority to, wine and HR for happiness.

Cordoba is a good cities for pumping out Missionaries me thinks.

cosmichail i think u shud play our next set of turns and take over from adii now as we havnt heard from him in bout a week

I agree. Go ahead and play cosmichail!
Lets get this game going forward. We need momentum!

Updated roster:

1. Cosmichill --> Up now!
2. Krockel --> On deck
3. Omurtag -->
4. Adamlan -->
5. FoolontheHill

Captain: adiii - skipped until heard from

adamlan said:
cosmichail i think u shud play our next set of turns and take over from adii now as we havnt heard from him in bout a week

Edit: Whoops, I saw Krockel's post too late. Deleting the irrelevant part. Welcome to the team Cosmichail :)

Otherwise I like Krockel's analysis. We should declare on Huyana first, since he's the only follower of Buddism. Nevertheless, we are literally surrounded by potential enemies, and I fear that some of them might be unwise enough to declare war on us. Saladin is very likely to do it, Alex, although sharing our religion, could also stab us in the back. Hmm scary situation :crazyeye: If we can make Alex go to war with Saladin, while we fight Huyana, it would be perfect. Also we should succumb to Alex's demands, if he makes any.

Guys, sorry i haven't posted anything for a while, but my pc was toasted. today i finally bouight a new harddisk! Welcome to the team FoolontheHill and CosmicHill! We will have a six Player roster now! I will play after Cosmic

BTW Nice turns, we got theology i now let the Holy War start!!!!!! Let's kill Huayana

Ok this is "I got it" and will play tonight. Glad to see you back Adiii. It's usually those pc's that cause a person's absence. Thanks for the welcome guys. I noticed the last turnset was 10 so I will take 10 turns.

Turn 0

Barcelona has 15 health and building an aqueduct?? (was the intention to build hanging gardens??) MM back to growth in 1 turn.
Madrid MM to growth in 1 turn. Seville Sword in 2 turns queuing aqueduct?? 15 health. Also MM to growth in 1 turn. Also revolt to theocracy for XP (no anarchy we are spiritual) Cordoba over happiness limited but growing here?? Whip barracks 1 pop.

Turn 1

Barcelona finishes aqueduct (?) start axe, grows 1 use on ivory. Cordoba finishes barracks start archer for defense. Worker starts cottage on Floodplain. Move soldiers towards HC.

Turn 2

Huyana adopts HR – we declare war on him and look the Jewish holy city lightly defended. (has 2 archer CD2 will loose some swords)

Turn 3

Alex wants to trade Mono for sailing accept. He is cautious with us now for declaring on HC.

Turn 4

Move more soldiers to hill for attack. Workers start cottage at Seville.

Turn 5

Alex wants ivory and decline. Don’t need him running around with elephants. Cordoba finishes archer start walls 2 unhappy.
Sword attacks archer CD2 and looses
Sword attacks archer CD2 and looses
Sword attacks archer and wins
Axe attacks archer and wins
Axe attacks chariot and wins
Only 1 archer left wounded and 1 warrior.

Turn 6

Madrid finishes walls and we start a Sword. Barcelona finishes axe start Sword.
Axe attacks (82%) and looses
Axe attacks archer and wins. We take Tiwanaku
Change Cordoba to a spear queue walls. We have Jewish holy city. Cordoba needs culture we are loosing tiles and horses to Alexander.

Turn 7

Switch to OR to for production and get a missionary for Cordoba. (can switch every 5 turns without penalty). Soon we have elephants/cats. Up Science to 100% to get const in 1 turn. HC sending a lone Quechua from Baghdad send axe to intercept.

Turn 8

Construction done start Monarchy for happiness increase. Monty/Saladin annoyed so watch them. Check with everybody nothing to trade.

Turn 9

Tiwanaku comes out of revolt start Jewish temple to expand borders. Veto if necessary. Axe takes out quechua heading for iron. HC doesn’t have IW/iron hooked up so we should finish him off. Seville needs production so move workers to Forest hill for mine. Whip spearman at Cordoba.

Turn 10

Cordoba finishes spear move towards Tiwanaku start building elephant/cat now after other soldiers are done. I would keep switching between OR/Theocracy to benefit from prod/miss – XP. Adiii I would hold off on those soldiers being built until we can go to theocracy for XP. (only 1 turn to do that)

We need culture in Cordoba and when possible get a missionary there to build Christian temple. A lone sword is scouting in HC lands. I was going to move him to forest hill to see what we are up against. I kind of hoping that is Cuzco.

Good luck……….Also looks like Baghdad is going to be ours through culture down the road.

EDIT: I didn't look to see if Alex would go to war against Saladin. He is Cautioius right now and giving him ivory might change that and get him to pleased at least. Then maybe he will go to war with Saladin. Personally I would never give him ivory and I think we should build a Sh*tload of elephants and they totally rock.

Ok some additional thoughts as I look through the posts. We should get rid of HC asap and then go after Saladin. Also we might want to consider building the GL by getting literature soon. We are advanced so getting it shouldn't be too much problem. Just need a good science/prod center for it. Also we need some stronger production centers and should consider building lots of mines/farms at Tiwanaku.

Alex has calender and we should try to trade him for it when he will. We have lots of calender resources too, bananas, silk, and dyes.... all good to get our cities big. Isabella is expansive too so health isn't a big concern.

Hey guys I am looking for a couple of players in my SG HN-01 The power of Religion. We are at 1570ad and have complicated variants but many complete. Anybody interested??

Just click on the SG HN-01 in my signature and post......

Cosmichail said:
Barcelona has 15 health and building an aqueduct?? (was the intention to build hanging gardens??) MM back to growth in 1 turn.
Madrid MM to growth in 1 turn. Seville Sword in 2 turns queuing aqueduct?? 15 health. Also MM to growth in 1 turn. Also revolt to theocracy for XP (no anarchy we are spiritual) Cordoba over happiness limited but growing here?? Whip barracks 1 pop.

I didn't remember queing all of those aqueducts. :crazyeye: I was thinking of the HG as a possibility, but it probably isn't the best idea with the warmongering starting (not that warmongering is a bad thing).

Change Cordoba to a spear queue walls. We have Jewish holy city.
:goodjob:

Top Bottom