IOTMAD: Mutually Assured Destruction

Poland recognizes the new German government. We also would like to sign a defensive pact and a non-aggression pact with the new German state.

Turan recognizes the new German Government as well and also wishes to sign a defensive pact, or if Australia agrees, we offer them inclusion to the The Ulyanovsk Coalition

The Northern Watch recognizes our friends in Germany and offers a DP to protect them from the potential threats of France and Poland.

Bloody Election

The air lobby, a powerful coalition of political Air Marshals and fighter pilots, has seen their leader killed by a Northern Watch immigrant. The new leader, a man named Julio Guarez, elected by the Council, rode to the top spot on a popular platform of anti-Northern Watch sentiment. Likewise of the air lobby, he has put in place a doctrine of superiority of the airforce, claiming battles, and indeed wars, can be won by overwhelming force in the skies.

Guarez's first move was, predictably, severing the alliance with the Northern Watch (though trade was not impeded), and moving away from the nation's former trading ways. Instead, Guarez implemented industrial plans, pouring money into the neglected areas. Furthermore, he looked for protection from the furious Watch, turning to Montreal and the new power of Morocco, signing alliances with them. "We are frightened of the European power's interest in America, and see their outrage at this break of our alliance as all the more reason to sever ties with them. They have no place in America, and any move to assert control, whether through blockade, military action or espionage, will be seen as an irrefutable and non-negotiable act of war."

Clearly, Mexico's future is changed forever, hopefully for the better. Only time will tell.

Mexico comes under control of Arrow Gamer
Mexico adapts the traits of Industrial and Airpower
Mexico breaks its alliance with the Northern Watch
Mexico signs an alliance with Montreal and Morocco

This is a lie we are afraid. The fact that they lie about how the Northern Watch killed their leader, when in fact no immigrant had any reason to do so nor did our nation, only serves to further impede the credibility of this new dictator that lies to his own people. It is only an excuse to betray the Watch.

The UMWE hopes good relation with the new Germany and is pleased with Mexico's alliance with us.

Mexico is not betraying the Watch: it is liberating itself from the Watch.

The United Commonwealth protests all the wars and demands that all nations cease and desist and start negotiating. Or by hell there will be consequences.

The USA has had this coming to them for a very long time, Turan Applauds Wali and Canada for finally freeing all the people of America from their stagnant, ineffective, two party, Orwellian, "Democracy"

Turan would also like to upgrade our defensive pact with the Wali Emirates to a full fledged Military Alliance.

The war was over. He could finally relax. The throbbing in his head started to subside, his shoulders to loosen from their constant tension.

Then the messenger came.

"President Akbar! Reports are in for this year."

When the young man hesitated it all became clear. It was never over.

"The Italy rebellion didn't respond to our messages, we can only assume that whichever foreign power was controlling them was interfering in the peace talks. The Army took back both rebellious provinces... but..."

He simpers under the growing glare

"It's happened again. Jordan this time. All our spies couldn't stop them. ALL of them! We even lost a man to the action. Whoever is doing this is throwing a lot of espionage weight into these things. We have reports that the terrorists are multinational but no proof of their true allegiances. Also..."

Shut up! Shut up!

"Also... they hit our neighbour. Took their capital away from them and are trying to blame it on us-"

*BANG*

Silence. Sweet Silence.

The help comes in to clean up the mess. The sweet girls know him so well now he doesn't even notice them. Maybe he should give them a bonus. Once he can finally think again, Akbar picks up his other weapon. The pen.

**Diplomacy Incoming**
**Note that the map still has Italy in green but that it WAS re-taken**

As for Morocco: we wish Egypt give a response to what happened. We will of course request Morocco be set back under UMWE rule (as it is our capital) or we may have to regard the Morocco crisis as a attack against the UMWE. What ever the case we are willing to investigate the cause of the disasters.

To our neighbour the UMWE;

We have fought for to long to establish an African peace to let some covert monster destroy it for us now. If Morocco believes itself to be under my control then it will obey my orders to REVERT back to your control RIGHT NOW. Whoever set them up it wasn't under my direction, but if they believe that it was then they can stop. If they ignore this order then they are obviously a rebellion still under some foreign power and you have my full permission to do whatever it takes to subdue them. Any person in Morocco claiming to be a part of my government is a liar. Do with them what you will.

We have also suffered Covert actions this year and we WILL be getting to the bottom of it. I despise these liars. Our two countries have had our problems, but they have been mainly through miss-communication. I respect the UMWE best when it is being bold. I might not agree with you that the attack on the USA was necessary to curtail them. But at least I can respect that you dealt with it all openly and honestly.

Just as I will deal with whomever is behind these attacks.

You know how to reach me if you need anything else.

How much does Egypt want for Burma and Malaysia?

To India;

I apologise that in the rush to deal with the aftermath of the Asian War those two provinces were not turned over. We had an agreement and it will be honoured. No payment will be necessary. Your brave men helped win and end the war in Tibet.

We would appreciate a donation of 3IP as we built a Airfield in one of the provinces and a new one will have to be built in the homeland when we transfer the provinces to you. As you are getting a free Airfield we hope you won't see this as anything but a friendly exchange.

Turan will not be bullied by you, espionage happens, and I see no problem with the invasion of America, they have never been the bastion of freedom that they claim to be, they have oppressed their own people and silenced the elected government of others, their time in the sun has finished, they get what they deserve.

To our Friend the Great Turan;

Turan will not be bullied. Indeed it won't. But espionage does not JUST happen. The only espionage actions Egypt has been involved in has been in the Asian War where we routed Chinese guardsmen before they made it to the front lines.

While we have counted on Turan support and friendship for years now, but the Watch is our allied brother and we would like an explanation as to why you didn't try to open up talks about the Northern Watch's Nuclear Power if it bothered you that much?

The Fourth Reich has been replaced by the Provisional Government of Germany and Bohemia. As the government is being reformed and a new constitution is being drafted, all foreign agreements made by the Fourth Reich are hereby considered null and void. The Provisional head of government Siegfried Boesch invites the nations of the world to recognize the legitimacy of the Provisional Government, as well as to establish any new treaties or pacts.

New traits to be added later.

To the new provisional Government of Germany and Bohemia;

The Egyptian Republic welcomes you back to the international stage, though you have picked a turbulent time to do so. An Asian War has just ended and a American War is just beginning. While a Covert enemy tries to destabilise world relations.

We would like to offer some Trade advisors so that Germany may become a Commercial and true trading nation. With so few true trading nations around we would automatically extend an invitation to the Watch Trade Alliance if you did so. To safe guard the trade routes that would come from this move.

OOC: If you are unsure of how the Commercial trait will help you I can explain more in depth.

Mexico comes under control of Arrow Gamer
Mexico adapts the traits of Industrial and Airpower
Mexico breaks its alliance with the Northern Watch
Mexico signs an alliance with Montreal and Morocco

To the new Fascist Regime in Mexico;

I am afraid trade WILL be impeded by this action although you tried to state that it would not.

Mexico has a rich history. It was set up by rebellious American soldiers who deserted, mexican nationals and some Falkland influence that sparked the whole situation. Afterwards it was the money and support from Egypt that helped get the young country on its feet and make it such a power that the USA did not dare attack it.

The alliance Mexico had was not with just the Watch, but also with its friend the Egyptian Republic. We can understand the government having a shake up as Mexico comes into its own. It is an American power now. But you have falsified evidence of a Watch plot where there was none. You have turned away from peaceful commercial trading. You have made your feelings on the Watch clear.

Now make your feelings on Egypt clear.

OOC: I assume you just saw the Watch angle and made something up to get rid of it. But I would like some response to the benign Egyptians as well. If you want to take it in a new direction that is your choice but you should probably start looking for different trading partners as I think this isn't going to end up happy and dandy. I don't care enough to declare war but I'm not going to play friendly and trade with a none commercial nation that is attacking my ally diplomatically :rolleyes:

Mongolia is freed as the DPRM

To Mongolia;

We would like to extend the offer to send advisors to you to help you set up a Commercial Trading network so that you may join the larger international community in a peaceful way, while also kick-starting your economy.

If you accept I am sure that the Egyptian Republic or the Northern Watch will make trade routes available to you. We also hope that this will be the first step towards Mongolia taking its rightful place as protector of Eastern Asia.

To: Egypt

We thank you for your unnecessary history lesson. While we understand your plight, nothing is holding you as our trading partner. While having as powerful a friend as you is of course beneficial, we would not look harshly upon you should you wish to break our trade agreement.

However, we make one thing clear. We will NOT tolerate any unwanted foreign influence upon us, as we have had far too much of that from our former allies. Our foreign agreements, including out alliances and national focuses, are our choice, and yours or anyone else's attempts to change that will not be seen kindly.

That is not to say we do not value your advice. To that end, we offer a defensive alliance (OOC: I don't know if we have one already), and friendship. We hope you accept.

3 IP is fine for the provinces. Payment will be transferred to Egypt immediately.

To our Friend the Great Turan;

Turan will not be bullied. Indeed it won't. But espionage does not JUST happen. The only espionage actions Egypt has been involved in has been in the Asian War where we routed Chinese guardsmen before they made it to the front lines.

While we have counted on Turan support and friendship for years now, but the Watch is our allied brother and we would like an explanation as to why you didn't try to open up talks about the Northern Watch's Nuclear Power if it bothered you that much?

For Egypt I will tell, Turan and Watch relations have not been the best ever since it turned south in the plan to invade the former SSSL, and it only went downhill from there, I'm hoping you can recall what I mean when I talk about this.

Due to my past experiences with Watch diplomacy, I lapsed in judgement and thought that instead of talking about disarmament, a covert action would be simpler, quicker, and help me achieve my goals with out fear of the Watch twisting them to put themselves in a better position.

I realize now that this action was a mistake, that the better solution would have been to have talks between Turan and Watch, with Egypt as a mediator.

I sincerely apologize for the actions and the good men lost on both sides, and I promise that if Turan has a problem with the Watch we will come to them and Egypt first.

In order to help mend relations I will be providing The Northern Watch with 2 IP this turn.

I will also provide Egypt with 1 IP for being a good friend and helping to keep this mess sorted out.

I would also like to personally invite my good friend Egyptian President Akbar to Turan for the Atatürk Elections this year, along with the debates, and the swearing in of The Atatürk, in the event that I am not re-elected this year I would also like Akbar to spend some time with my successor in the hope to have continued friendship and cooperation with Egypt.

-Atatürk Barış Atilla Kartal

P.S. I would also like to state to Egypt that Turan in no way had a hand in the Arabian, Italian, or Jordanian revolts, I hope that Egypt will be able to trust me on this considering the recent events.

The Mexican president stated that after further investigation that the Watchmen who so brutally assassinated the President was not in any way working for the Watch government.

They however also claimed that they will not be reinstating the alliance, due to threats made by the North.

We hope these verbal attacks are empty, as any impediment to our trading ships will be considered and act and declaration of war, and shall be treated as such.

Poland hereby declares its defensive pact with the SSSL, or whatever they are calling themselves now, null and void due to recent private aggressive remarks.

OOC: Sorry for the double post.

IC: To: The United States of America

Turn over Deseret and Texas without a fight, and we will not take them by force. We have claims on them, and our culture is majority in the area. Furthermore, your aggression against us in the past will not, and has not, been forgotten. Please, spare innocent loves, and return what is ours. We out umber you, and while the war that will ensue should you not cede them will be short, it will cause loss of life on both sides.

Consider wisely, and choose well.

The Northern Watch has informed my self that it and the FUSSPLR were in private negotiations trying to get The Northern Watch to invade my Nation.

As such I declare that The Great Turan will break all diplomatic ties with the FUSSPLR including the defensive pact, and here by leave The Ulyanovsk Coalition, due to the fact that it has run its course and that Turan and the FUSSPLR relations have sunk.

Turan instead wishes to extend a full alliance to our friends The Wali Emirates, and Egypt.

We also accept The Northen Watches' Non Aggression Pact it gave to us in the IOT Chat

However, we make one thing clear. We will NOT tolerate any unwanted foreign influence upon us, as we have had far too much of that from our former allies. Our foreign agreements, including out alliances and national focuses, are our choice, and yours or anyone else's attempts to change that will not be seen kindly.

That is not to say we do not value your advice. To that end, we offer a defensive alliance.

The Mexican president stated that after further investigation that the Watchmen who so brutally assassinated the President was not in any way working for the Watch government.

They however also claimed that they will not be reinstating the alliance, due to threats made by the North.

We hope these verbal attacks are empty, as any impediment to our trading ships will be considered and act and declaration of war, and shall be treated as such.

To Mexico;

A defensive alliance involves entanglement in the other nations affair. A alliance is even greater then that, as I am an ally of the Northern Watch I cannot commit easily to any major agreement while things are so rough. When we had the trust and friendship of Mexico and its commercial trade routes we were willing to go to war for your country and defend it with Egyptian lives.

Considering the way things have played out I, as President of a Free and honourable people, believe that the best course of action is to sign a None-Aggression Pact and go our separate ways. You will be free of foreign influence and able to make your own way.

3 IP is fine for the provinces. Payment will be transferred to Egypt immediately.

To India;

Thank you for your generous donation. We are glad to return Asian Province back to nations that have more of a cultural and influential impact on the area.

I would also like to personally invite my good friend Egyptian President Akbar to Turan for the Atatürk Elections this year, along with the debates, and the swearing in of The Atatürk, in the event that I am not re-elected this year I would also like Akbar to spend some time with my successor in the hope to have continued friendship and cooperation with Egypt.

The Northern Watch has informed my self that it the FUSSPLR was in private negotiations trying to get The Northern Watch to invade my Nation.

As such I declare that The Great Turan will break all diplomatic ties with the FUSSPLR including the defensive pact, and here by leave The Ulyanovsk Coalition, due to the fact that it has run its course and that Turan and the FUSSPLR relations have sunk.

Turan instead wishes to extend a full alliance to our friends The Wali Emirates, and Egypt.

To the Great Turan;

I would be glad to visit Turan for the elections. I have been unopposed in government for so long it would be nice to see some elections taking place. It is good to see that these events have been solved in a peaceable and diplomatic manner.

The news that Russia has been trying to rile up Asia once more is alarming. How has the Ulyanovsk coalition allowed things to progress to this level?

As a already allied partner of the Northern Watch. Any true and total alliance between Egypt and Turan would have to include the Northern Watch. We are however open to better and greater relations with our greatest and oldest friend.

Top Bottom