Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No? Then it might be a bug...

Not sure if this is a bug with FFH, FF, or just a mechanic im unaware of.

I was Bannor, Huge Erebus Continents. Acheron spawned next to my capital (impeding my culture) and proceeded to burn all of the forests in my lands (he also had Yggdrasil if in his BFC if that is of any significance). These forest grew back quite rapidly as new forests while fires raged elsewhere, during all of this I discovered Mining and saw a copper resource on a grassland hill with a new forest on it. I sent my workers out (2) to chop the forest in preparation for the completion of Bronze Working.

After a few turns of chopping I recieved the hammers as normal in my nearby city, I got the message about the forest having been chopped, yet the forest remained. I chopped again, 3 turns or so later the whole cycle repeated. Doing this with 3 or 4 workers allowed me to consistently chop the same forest, receive production from the wood chopped and gain a large amount of experience on my workers. This persisted for about 60 turns then finally I was allowed to chop the forest without it reappearing, and build my copper mine.

Note: This was before I applied Patch A (Second Version)

On the lots of unique features, they do seem to like to clump. My latest game I had 7 pines in my bfc, remnants and pool in a city spot to the west(about 4 west), broken sepulchur and tomb of sucellus close to the nw and circle + letum frigis to the sw. I think part of the problem might be that most erabus maps don't spawn with all that much grassland(its mostly plains), and I think that alot of the world features can only spawn on grassland, so you get nice tight clumps of them. Perhaps a few of the grassland only ones should be switched to plains, since plains starts rarely seem to get any features.

(its kinda silly getting 3 free mana as the ammurites from features with your first 3 cities + 3 mana nodes

Edit: Ok I'm wrong, looking at the xml, almost everything that can spawn on grassland can also spawn on plains. There isn't some issue where it tries to spawn them on grassland first or something is there--not exactly sure how the mapscript "BestImprovementRegion" stuff works--might be such that it always prefers grasslands when it can?

Edit: Only 3 (yggdrasil, 7 pines and standing stones have grass set, however, most don't have anything set, do we know that it defaults to the -1 that its checking, I note that for most of them, favoredTerrain isn't set to anything, while when being placed, its looking for a -1)

Edit: Actually looks like its being set in the default to -1. Wonder if its anything to do with the ideal moisture settings though--quite a few of them have either .6 or .75 set for this.

Edit4: Ok, I ran a few tests with standard world size, temperate climate. remnants, tomb and broken sepulchure 9 times out of 10 spawned within a 8 or so squares of each other, 7 pines, the pool and the prison ocasionally joined them(the 1 time the remnants spawned somewhere else, but ygg spawned with them). Those 3 all have ideal moisture .6 and ideal altitude of .5 meaning they will almost always prefer the same region?

Edit5: Tweaked the weights on those 3, and they stopped always spawning together, so it looks like that was the reason. Only did minor tweaks, went from .6/.6/.6 to .4/.55/.65 for idealMoisture and similar things with altitude. I'd suggest increasing the weights(pref.moistureWeight and pref.altitudeWeight) and making it so that none of the improvements have exactly the same values so that theres a greater spread of them.

Another very minor bug? I had a firebow spawn with fire II, so he has two abilities that do exactly the same thing :). Would be cool if when they managed to spawn with fire I/II their ignite was more powerful or something?

I had a freeze crash, one that had me manually restart my PC.
I had just killed the Chislev (Absaroke or something to that order), and then the game crashes. Funny thing is that after I fire the game up again, the now exterminated Chislev are still alive, without any cities or units. Yes, they did die, as in "the Chislev civilization have been destroyed" die.

Quite odd.

It wasn't small at all, it was Huge size, which is why I was so astonished.

I've had the same issue in my Multiplayer games.

Huge map size, but had five unique features within one city's radius.

--

Unrelated to this, a couple more things I've noticed.

(1) When start Multiplayer games, myself and two other people get stuck for a LONG amount of time at "Initializing".

(2) As the Kahd, I still have religions passively spreading to my cities, even with the Intolerant trait.

EDIT1

(3) When a Gnosling has access to Earth mana, it receives a promotion. This promotion is named:
TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_GNOSLING_EARTH

(4) Being the first to discover a Religious Technology as Kahd (Intolerant) still founds that religion.

(5) In Multiplayer games, Furia the Mad and I think Perpentach have unusually 'long' name bars. It's makes it hard to hit the ready button, and in fact when we tried to resume the game on another occassion, we couldn't -- because the name bar pushed the ready button off the screen.

(6) When I created Kithra Kyriel, it did that pop-up box thing that it does for all heroes and great people. However the description for Kithra was something like TXT_KEY_KITHRA_something

The parts about the Kahdi arn't bugs. Intolerant prevent the adopting of religeons, and possible the building of Temples.

The parts about the Kahdi arn't bugs. Intolerant prevent the adopting of religeons, and possible the building of Temples.

Except this is the text for Intolerant in game:

Intolerant
-Cannot adopt religion
-Religions will never passively spread in your cities
-Discovering a Religious Technology will not Found a Holy City in your Empire

(Whilst playing as Kahd, hover over the Kahdi flag)

I'm running around with my werewolf Acheron, and I guess I can "convert" to werewolves other civ's heroes (and animal heroes). Theoretically, the Baron allows you to get your own army of heroes. Now, isn't that a bit overpowered?

Ok, werewolf Acheron sounds silly. I'd vote that the Dragon racial promo should block werewolf.

But werewolf heroes in general, sound pretty neat. You HAVING that army of heroes seems a bit off, though. It might be nicer if they'd remain with their original civ, but go crazy now and then, or even permanantly become barbarian.

Except this is the text for Intolerant in game:

Intolerant
-Cannot adopt religion
-Religions will never passively spread in your cities
-Discovering a Religious Technology will not Found a Holy City in your Empire

(Whilst playing as Kahd, hover over the Kahdi flag)

Sorry, I havn'y played Kahdi in a while. When by brother playedthen, religeon spread, and the religeon was founded by the tech (but no holy city)

(1) When start Multiplayer games, myself and two other people get stuck for a LONG amount of time at "Initializing".

I've found this is highly dependent on mapscript. Maps with complex generation rules (Erebus, ErebusContinent, MountainCoast, etc.) tend to take forever to initialize. Try it with a Pangea and see if it speeds up.

screenshot of Remnants of Patria with sheep. :D

edit: btw, this screenshot is taken on ErebusContinent mapscript, proof that it does work fine and should be included in patch C. it's the best mapscript you can play FF on right now, period.

there could be something fishy going on with mapscripts though, since ErebusContinent fails to work for WarKirby, Erebus with peak reduction takes forever to load and Perfectworld2 sometimes just plain won't load.

Again some weirdness with supposedly destroyed civs.

This time, as the Calabim, I destroyed the Malakim, and the turn after they reappeared, though this time without any crash.
The other civ I destroyed, the Scions, did die.

This is with Patch A, as I wanted to finish the game.

[to_xp]Gekko;8314052 said:
screenshot of Remnants of Patria with sheep. :D

edit: btw, this screenshot is taken on ErebusContinent mapscript, proof that it does work fine and should be included in patch C. it's the best mapscript you can play FF on right now, period.

there could be something fishy going on with mapscripts though, since ErebusContinent fails to work for WarKirby, Erebus with peak reduction takes forever to load and Perfectworld2 sometimes just plain won't load.

Haha. What is the yield of that tile? Floodplains/Sheep/Ruins of Patria? 4/4/1, unimproved?

The treasure chest you can get from dungeons and lairs has become even more useless, as you can no longer see were the chest it, as it's marked does not revele tile.

ah, that's true. it should probably only reveal the tile it's on...

a different matter about Verdandi for the Elohim: given their lore, +25% city attack seems pretty weird. maybe they should have a special version of the Verdandi that has +40% vs melee or something. also, make sure that Elohim's Verdandi need a building to be built, cuz that's what is special about doviello melee units and it doesn't fit the Elohim.

Hmm, but isn't it that way, that the Elohim asked the Verdandi to join them after they have seen their prowess in battle ?
And thus it's not "wrong" if they don't fit the general "don't attack"-theme of the Elohim ?
This would also explain that they don't have any building pre-req. (another sort of restriction -like money(costs gold to hire) or fame(needs XXX in empire)-would be nice though)

This broke my heart:

Spoiler :

Maybe workers should be excluded from this event?

Again some weirdness with supposedly destroyed civs.

This time, as the Calabim, I destroyed the Malakim, and the turn after they reappeared, though this time without any crash.
The other civ I destroyed, the Scions, did die.

This is with Patch A, as I wanted to finish the game.

That happens when they have a piece of equipment or a treasure chest somewhere. It's still alive and tagged for their civ, so they're still technically alive until it is removed.

Related: You no longer have to own a treasure chest or even be able to see it in order to use it?

Top Bottom