Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No? Then it might be a bug...

The Messhabber of Dis doesn't have his unique Ring of Fire spell and only has fireball

FFH removed it a long time ago. The tooptip was wrog.

That said, he really does need something better. I made a module for this sort of thing a while back. search for Monstrous creatures. It should work with the current FF

The code for granting spell promotions for Amurite units includes the line:

Code:
if city.getNumRealBuilding(gc.getInfoTypeForString('BUILDING_WIZARDS_HALL')) > 0 and not city.getNumRealBuilding(gc.getInfoTypeForString('BUILDING_CAVE_OF_ANCESTORS')) > 0:

I vaguely recall getNumRealBuilding ignoring free buildings, like the mage guilds gained from... that wonder, that I never build... requires a mage guild, is available at Knowledge of the Ether. Totally forgotten the name....

Anyway, the possible bug is that if you build that wonder, you'll never build any real mage guilds, so you'll never get any spell promotions.

(I could be wrong, quite frankly it's so late I'm not even sure Wizards Hall is a Mage Guild replacement.)

It is.

What should be used instead of GetNumRealBuilding ? I can edit it in.

getNumBuilding

In fact, doing a global search and replace to replace getNumRealBuilding with getNumBuilding probably wouldn't break anything that isn't broken.

Would getNumRealBuilding ignore buildings created by spells in general?

For example, things from pelemoc's spells ?

I'm having a thorough look through the eventmanager before I make that global change.

Just done a little test. Indeed, in cities with a free wizard's hall from the catacomb, you never get free spells on creation. I'll fix that while I'm looking over the spell in general

Would getNumRealBuilding ignore buildings created by spells in general?

For example, things from pelemoc's spells ?

I'm having a thorough look through the eventmanager before I make that global change.

I think the spell made buildings are considered real. It just that the engine removes them when there is no local caster. getNumRealBuilding is a Firaxis function, so don't expect it to know about spells and lizards and dragons and...

As far as I can tell getNumRealBuilding is mostly a debug tool. For any in game effects, it rarely should matter if the building was built or granted by wonder. Especially since you can't build a real building after getting a free one.

im wondering.

im playing tectonics at the moment and realized that you cant use forts as a means of creating a canal like in normal bts.

this really sucks i must say. tectonics map often leads to unconnected oceanparts and without canals you cant spread the fishercorporation for example. or is there a way i dont know which could work out?

im wondering.

im playing tectonics at the moment and realized that you cant use forts as a means of creating a canal like in normal bts.

this really sucks i must say. tectonics map often leads to unconnected oceanparts and without canals you cant spread the fishercorporation for example. or is there a way i dont know which could work out?

I believe this is a deliberate thing that the team did, not a bug, I'm not sure why, though. Xienwolf would know.

I believe this is a deliberate thing that the team did, not a bug, I'm not sure why, though. Xienwolf would know.

Yes. The relevant improvement tag is bActAsCity . It allows ships to enter, resources to be collected and City Garrison to work. At least in BtS, I don't think anything has changed.

I think it was removed because the AI places too high value on it.

I favour adding bActAsCity to the higher levels of forts.

I favor removing forts because the AI is freakin' ******ed with them. <_<

If the forts had bActasCity the AI would also build them instead of mana nodes and end up wasting many good sources of mana. In Rise of Darkness I had forts not have bActasCity but Castles and Citadels did.

Has anyone been able to load a scenario with FF? Whenever I try I get this:

Then another message that I can't see when I hit OK and choose a leader and then it crashes to desktop.

Did you write a scenario for FF? We are not compatible with the base FfH ones by any stretch of imagination.

Yes, is there anything special that prevents it from loading?

Edit: Got it. Only had to add in data for players 35 to 49.

I'm not sure if these are bugs are not:

1. In my current game no one else is researching religions. It well past turn 300 so I'm now slowly researching them all myself.

2. I can't trade for resources. It seems the game only lets me trade for resources if the other party has the appropriate tech, not if I have the right tech. Is it supposed to be dependent on both parties?

Pel

Pelaka, that seems a bug just based on the fact that in my recent SP games I've had every religion snagged but Ashen Veil. And sometimes AV, too.

I can confirm the no religion thing, although someone founded FoL in my last game (Classical era start). Other then that, I've had absolutely no trouble nabbing all the shrines in my games.

I can provide a counterpoint. In a hotseat game I've been playing as the dural (on patch B), the Elohim beat me to order. RoK and FoL were founded long before that, too. And the elohim also founded Empyrean.

Maybe it's dependant on factors in your game, like everyone else having bad starts, or getting in wars and going for military techs

Top Bottom