Is Obama's treatment in the scandal a sign of what's to come?

imperfect.la

Warlord
To recap, a corrupt governor has been arrested this week for trying to sell a senate seat, which happened to belong to Barack Obama.

The prosecutor has already stated that Obama had absolutely nothing to do with any of the allegations or scandals.

Yet the biggest loser, it seems, in this whole mess is Barack Obama. Gallup poll claimed it was a "Bad day for Obama" and most news blogs are stating the same.

Is this a sign of things to come?

yep, since obama had a bad day, i'm probably going to have a bad day tomorrow...

ehm, i mean:
what kinds of things and what exactly is the supposed sign?

To recap, a corrupt governor has been arrested this week for trying to sell a senate seat, which happened to belong to Barack Obama.

The prosecutor has already stated that Obama had absolutely nothing to do with any of the allegations or scandals.

Yet the biggest loser, it seems, in this whole mess is Barack Obama. Gallup poll claimed it was a "Bad day for Obama" and most news blogs are stating the same.

Obama is a wonderful actor. Much better than Bush, really. I can't think of a better man, or woman, for the cast. Don't worry about him, he'll be left free to continue peddling his promises for the next 5 years or so.

Not the bloggers! i mean seriously, just because YOU say "Obama" enough times, doesn't mean it involves him..

I am confused. What does Illinois governor have to do with Obama in relation to the scandal? And who other than a few partisan hacks are claiming so?

I'm guessing because they're from the same state, there is assumed to be some sort of friendly relationship there. That and apparently, Rezko's name popped up in all this somehow, which Obama's pretty close to, so that would by extension look really bad even if Obama and Blargh...whatever never spoke.

Really though, they were listening to the governor's calls. I gotta imagine if there was a connection to Obama, the feds would know about it by now.

I am confused. What does Illinois governor have to do with Obama in relation to the scandal? And who other than a few partisan hacks are claiming so?

Maybe because they both belong to the same state and the same corrupt fraternity?

Maybe because they both belong to the same state and the same corrupt fraternity?

And the same party, same country, same gender, same species. O Mah Gawd!
It's a conspiracy!:eek:

hm, it has been a Republican strategy for decades now to slander non-Republicans for all they can. So why should anyone be surprised?

if they could kill someone and make it look like Obama was involved, that guy would be dead in 10 seconds.

The persistence of frivolous guilt-by-no-real-association charges? I thought that was a given.

hm, it has been a Republican strategy for decades now to slander non-Republicans for all they can. So why should anyone be surprised?

if they could kill someone and make it look like Obama was involved, that guy would be dead in 10 seconds.

Do you think the charges against Hot Rod are merely 'slander'?

Fraternity? You mean government? Those people hate each other! Working together is some sort of big deal to them.

Anyway, the people on the telly who talk about how bad/god-like the president is never ever stop, so we need no signs to tell us what's coming: the same old routine.

I have to say just wow to that post. I have no idea how you even came to that conclusion. :confused:

The Gov's indictment is indicative of the level of corruption in "Chicago politics", of which Obama is a product. Or are we pretending now that Obama has never had anything to do with Chicago politics? Also there is a relevant link between Obama and the Gov - Rezko and his various indictments that involve soliciting funds for the Gov and the purchase of Obama's home (separate incidents). It should not be too difficult to understand why there is concern (among those of us who are not absolutely sure that Obama is flawless).

No, but the implications that Obama had any involvement are.

Noone implied that Obama was involved directly with the Gov, aside from the confusion FROM OBAMA'S CAMPAIGN personel as to whether or not the Gov consulted him... an aide said he did and then retracted that... honest mistake? I suppose so.

It's about Obama being a product of Chicago politics and their (he and the gov's) mutual involvement with Rezko.

Basically, it stinks but noone is saying the smell is Obama's fault - but he is standing in the room and holding hands with someone who the gov is holding hands with as well.

We can't just pretend noone farted and if Obama does not distance himself (which he is doing) the smell could stick on him for a bit. Personally, I'm quite sure that only the Gov and Rezko farted, but Obama is lucky noone struck a match cause he was right there.

It's a bad day when the room you are standing in smells like someone ate kimchee last night and you're holding hands with the guy who's saying "I didn't do it!" (Rezko).

Top Bottom