It's a miracle! The lame duck is healed with the power of Christ! START and 9/11 pass

Freedom of speech?

You realize most of these are happening because Republicans are changing their votes?

As a Republican he's propbably forgotten about 9-11. (GOP have stop using 9-11 100000000 times a second so their voters (old people) have already forgotten)

Typical democrates having to remove the close tax hole clause which actually funded the 9-11 responders bill at the behest of the GOP and then give them repeated reach arounds before finally getting it to pass.

Please dont alter my quotes to something I didnt say. The vast majority of incumbents that lost seats were democrats and my comment reflects that.

And the vast majority who changed their mind on these revotes were Republicans.

BTW I want to get you on the record, yay or nay on the 911 healthcare bill. Before you continue your lame duck grousing.

BTW the tax cut deal is a Republican bill from top to bottom, you should not count it among the Democrats' victories.

If anything, the fact that the Republicans have come around on START, DADT, and the 9/11 healthcare bill, proves that if Democrats had had the guts to bring up unemployment extension by itself, the GOP would have caved and passed it.

The tax cut deal will have longer lasting ramifications than any of the bills where we "won." It is a disaster for the budget and a disaster for Social Security.

I wasn't counting the tax cut surrender as a victory. Just a legeslative action on the part of a very slow and ineffectual COngress.

At least he's finally getting some victory medals to pin on his chest... will it be enough to discredit the GOP in the next 2 years though? I doubt it.

If anything it'd probably have the opposite effect.

Palin's going to be your President in 2012. It's destiny.

Congress is doing stuff. This time this seems to be in the right direction.

But I'm still going to say....

May God help us all.

The tax cut deal will have longer lasting ramifications than any of the bills where we "won." It is a disaster for the budget and a disaster for Social Security.

Oh, gosh yes. We've seen this before, with Medicare D coupled to a deliberate lapsing of "pay as you go" legislation.

Yep it is the Democratic version of Medicare Part D - a bill that totally contradicts the party's platform yet is easily passed anyway, because the Senate doesn't obey party ideology, only money and power.

These are all good things right? Less nukes = safer world, Gays in the military = only fair, 9/11 thing = of course they should be taken care of

I'm waiting to see how things turn out come January.

How am I suppose to start the rebellion if the government is getting stuff done?

Just make sure the government's being malicious.

Republican government = sinister; Democrat government = incompetent

...the Founders would like the Democratic Party better for making government ineffective. :mischief:

I'm waiting to see how things turn out come January.

Indeed!

Sounds like we'll have some anarchist wet dream with no effective government... or at least, that's what they seemed to promise.

It's amazing what Republican Senators will agree to and how bipartisan they become if you let the wealthy keep their tax cuts.

Moral value system for RS:
Tax cuts for the richest few% > 9/11 hero's health + world safety + discrimination.

We're not on the same screen here. How about every ten years the U.S. evaluates another governments credit score and vice versa via. diplomatic channels.

I'm sure there's a legal and legitimate way of doing it.

We're not on the same screen here. How about every ten years the U.S. evaluates another governments credit score and vice versa via. diplomatic channels.

I'm sure there's a legal and legitimate way of doing it.

The credit score is checked every day in the bond markets. USA#1

2012 will likely be a repeat of 2006 election wise.

Top Bottom