Is there a single Civ player who prefers trading posts to towns?

The mechanic of cottages was more interesting, but I still can't understand how anyone could see the city sprawl effect it developed into graphically as a positive. It was the ugliest feature of Civ 4.

well... you know.. :c5unhappy:
Spoiler :

Another example of where players (rightly) complain about having too much gold in Civ5 (e.g., you can buy anything) and yet, would bring in feature from Civ4 that...gives them even more gold.

I agree in that the static graphics is not cool. But Civ4 town were not better either since they looked like generic mini-cities sticking out to the landscape. If they had blended with adjactent tiles, it would have been better but since they didn't, it was ugly.

I think the point of TP was to make TP a direct choice for commerce rather than a long term profit investment of town's. Also town was more of a scientific choice as commerce - beaker was exchangable. Now that commerce is not directly linked to science and population acts like new cottages, I think TP - Town comparison is a bit irrelevant.

They are not the nicest looking graphic, but a TP IMO should have a chance to morph into a cottage/town/hamlet etc..... if only for realism, but also not all trading posts stayed trading posts their entire history. Some became powerful.

I don't mind the new mechanics, I just don't like the name and the graphics of the trading post. Having the land covered in little settlements makes sense. Having the land covered in tents doesn't.

They are not the nicest looking graphic, but a TP IMO should have a chance to morph into a cottage/town/hamlet etc..... if only for realism, but also not all trading posts stayed trading posts their entire history. Some became powerful.

I think its because Trading Posts are called Trading Posts and look like Trading Posts is the reason people don't like Trading Posts.

If they changed all the above to "Towns" and kept the same gold bonus, pretty sure people wouldn't mind. I wouldn't mind if they were called "suburbs" though. Pretty much the same thing as TPs gold wise but they would "connect" the way farm improvements do because personally, farms are the best looking improvement.

I have come to the conclusion that trading posts are simply a place holder for something future, since this isnt a finished game anyway. They are going to wait for a modder to do somehting cool, steal it, and then add it to the game as if it was there idea. I mean, if Apple can do it with the Iphone, why not firaxis?

I think its because Trading Posts are called Trading Posts and look like Trading Posts is the reason people don't like Trading Posts.

If they changed all the above to "Towns" and kept the same gold bonus, pretty sure people wouldn't mind. I wouldn't mind if they were called "suburbs" though. Pretty much the same thing as TPs gold wise but they would "connect" the way farm improvements do because personally, farms are the best looking improvement.

I agree. Suburbs is a neat concept and would show the city "sprawling" horizontally which would also go hand in hand with the extended cultural radius in ciV of 3 tiles in every direction.

gameplay and reality mixed in one:goodjob:

Top Bottom