Is this the end of liberalism?

Status
Not open for further replies.
By, the look of the current political environment in the US and Europe I have to say this thread was pretty accurate.

I've never seen people so angry at the left.

Zombie resurrection of your own inane thread...and SURPRISE!!!!! You agree with yourself.

Man, the echo chamber has hit a new low in closed loops.

It's self evident this was a accurate prediction.

Why do Clinton and Sanders outpoll Trump? Why does Sanders outpoll all 3 remaining Republican candidates (well, Carson still exists, but yeah)? Is that a sign of liberalism being dead?

Keep telling yourself that. Denial is the 1st stage of acceptance, next comes anger.

If "these people" aren't seeing it I would seriously have to question their competence.

:lol:

So anyone that doesn't agree with you, ie the vast majority, are incompetent.

Megalomania much?

:lol:

I'm literally just citing polls that have come out, including a recent CNN one. Like, it's not even an opinionated statement. Lmao.

When disagreeing with a megalomaniac having facts on your side isn't really significant.

I'm literally just citing polls that have come out, including a recent CNN one. Like, it's not even an opinionated statement. Lmao.

I've also seen plenty of polls to the contrary, but I don't pay much attention to them at this stage. It's far too early.

You'll see.

Take it easy. There's no need to be so sensitive.

the vast majority

The left loves to throw out the phrase "the vast majority" the funny thing is, I have yet to see this majority they speak of... It must be a myth like the Big Foot.

Otherwise they would probably control both the House and Senate... :lol:

Don't hold your breath.

I would expect that when it happens you will opt for "I knew it all along" rather than ranting. The clear conflict with reality has never been noted to be a big obstacle for you.

Capital-L Liberalism actually is somewhat in trouble these days. Right wing Liberal parties like the Republicans are feeling the brunt of it.

Capital-L Liberalism actually is somewhat in trouble these days. Right wing Liberal parties like the Republicans are feeling the brunt of it.
Perhaps this is a matter of definition. I will grant that the Republicans are more in the spirit of Mills and Locke than the Democrats. That said, I have never heard the Republicans called Right-wing Liberal before your post.

There is a major problem with your thesis. Republicans are thriving and the Democrats are withering. This is true at every elected level of government. Not so much in the career bureaucrats.

J

Liberalism is a political ideology which the political establishment in all western democracies is founded upon (cf. "liberal democracy"). How democrats and republicans share power vis a vis each other is irrelevant because they are both liberal parties, i.e. parties that subscribe to the liberal ideas about how society and the political system are supposed to be conceived and structured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom