ISDG 2012 - Server Announcements, Connection Issues and Questions

well, i have to say the timing for this action was not great since Maya has played their last 2-3 turns.. so there was a chance that things are improving. for this reason I will abstain.

a side note: I actually can't/don't blame anyone losing interest in the game.. it began as a team democracy game, but as far as i can tell each team has lost majority of their players.. it's almost like a normal pitboss now. Yet the game is in quite good shape, it would be a shame if we didn't finish. I think the option should be there for someone who is no longer interested to ask for a sub, but keep playing until one is found. it's better for all players. skipping turns in war is not good for anyone.
So it really comes down to this question: Does the current mayan player want to play and play normally?

I think we are all agree to wait a little bit more. The fact that civfr played correctly last 3 turns is an important clue.

However, i don't blame Caledorn and i don't suspect him, of course, of defending some particular interests. I just say this decision is prematurate.

And i thank Oxyphen to be ready to agree to play if things are not going better in a near future. But i keep hope that it will be better ! lets give us a chance :)

I can speak for UCIV because our main player zioun agrees, we are of course for civfr to take back their civ with a sustainable sub.

With their behavior during 2 weeks as zioun said (no reload/ no pause) with a respected timer (the way they like to play even if it's 1 minute of play at the end of the timer), you'll have a true idea about their commitment to the game and we'll be able to have a chance to continue with motivation and fair play till the end of the pitboss.

I hope that everyone out there will give them a chance because it is very hard to see players like them to be banned without a really good reasons which eliminate any doubt about them (and not about opinions concerning moving units or the time they need to play their turn).

I understand that there are also other reasons like caledorn said but it is not enough to decide to eliminate a civ who wants to play its part till the end of the game especially after months and months of efforts and a all team behind.

Very well. I will give another chance to the turnplayer of CivFR under the terms suggested (2 weeks), provided of course that he agrees to this.

A loose idea, which depends upon both CivFR and Oxyphenbutazone, is that perhaps Oxyphenbutazone could join the team.

Until we hear from HulkMusclor please keep the game paused (although I do have savegames available in case we need to reload).

I will say that it's kind of ridiculous to be playing 5-minute turns and barely whipping and drafting while one is involved in a huge war in the late industrial era. I don't think the potential benefits that an incompetent Mayan defense would yield for some teams should be factored into the decision of ousting the current Maya player from the game.

Don't speak about things you really don't know.

Question : Why Zulus weren't substituted by a great player ? Because developping their land like this is a true scandal.

I could destroy all these arguments one per one but the fact that you back out quickly is enough significative.

Last question : Have Civplayers or/and Apolyton done bad moves on 1580 AD ? We'll never know ...

So, Civfr continue and, of course, without any guardianship.

HulkMusclor: I have offered to return control of the civ to you if you play your turns in a more timely manner. Throwing insults and accusations back and forth in this manner serves absolutely no purpose. The main issue is not and has not been how the Maya civ has been played, but the lack of commitment to the game with lost turns and pauses that has been made to ensure your civ shouldn't lose important turns during wartime.

Are you still willing to play, and to play the turns in a timely manner?

Well, just reload the game from last position and get on with it, hoping the best. Obviously that's what is acceptable to everyone.

i support all what say mzprox. but now best way just reload last save and continue. We need sub hulkmusclor 35 turns ago when maya have good perspective and he regular skip 1 turn from 3 and ignore diplomacy. now he lose half land for northing and have note any chance survive in long game. Believe me he can defend all his land except 1 far city. in 10 turns after war begin, he building army and stop attack (after lose 11 city). in last 10 turns before war he build observatories, grocers, banks - all except units...
If new player don't understand something you can try tech him. But if some body say what he "old", "experience" and "know what need doing", you can't hope for that :) . no need ask him use more time for turn - he can't do it. just hope he stop losing turns...
just reload from last save in 1580 ad...

I will reload as soon as HulkMusclor confirms that he will still play. There's not much point in reloading and then have to redo the process of reloading again because he is no longer interested.

One point true : I never did diplomacy and will never do. If you don't agree about that, you can reload 100 turns before.

I take the decisions I want, it's my game. It's to the great players of others civs to adapt oneself.

Alls here knows that you lawfully can't take out the civ from me. So stop raging, and let Mayas playing quiet.

How long continues this kids games?

ps. if game note continue in 2-3 hours i will need pause before Monday.

When I asked for a sub for maya I didnt mean that I want to punish them. It also doesnt mean that I am happy with what they do or what they miss to do. My idea was to help them by replacing their turn-maker who is probably busy in real life and who is somewhat... alone.

I believe they could have done a lot to be in better situation but we all watched their inactivity for a while. About 30 turns ago they were close to take the lead and compete for the victory. But now they got what they deserve mainly because neglecting diplomacy. We all know that now they can hardly do much now to catch up.

So the main reason for changing the turnplayer is to prevent them from skipping turns that is not fair and can be unbalancing for others teams. I dont want to compete in who uses their inactivity better. But if Hulk promises to pay attention to the timer I have no problems with him to stay and play on his game.

The game has been reloaded to before I replaced the Mayan turnplayer. The old password should be functional again.

CivFR: Perhaps you could ask Oxyphenbutzaone to join your team?

I'm out right now. Could you send me a pm so I don't forget to look into it when I get back home?

The game had indeed crashed. It is back up now.

I had to reload from HulkMusclor's autosave, so I'm afraid that means you need to replay your turn, HulkMusclor.

lol. again crashed after hulkmusklor turned.

That doesn't bode well... I may have to reload the entire turn then. :(

may be try to play turn and let it run out of the timer, without entering?

Top Bottom