1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

ISDG 2012 - Server Announcements, Connection Issues and Questions

Discussion in 'Civ4 -ISDG 2012' started by Caledorn, Jul 7, 2012.

1. mzprox

mzprox Prince

I can't pause now. btw which team are you from?

2. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

Veter=Bemep written in Cyrillic. i.e. CP.

3. OT4E

OT4E Warlord

We need to pause again. Sorry all. But we wont delay more than for a few hours. Thnx for understanding

4. 2metraninja

We will need few hours pause too. Thanks for understanding.

5. mzprox

mzprox Prince

This turn is already 5 days long and may last for an other 3 or more.. it's getting too slow for my taste..

6. 2metraninja

Done.

7. mzprox

mzprox Prince

40 mins on the timer and maya hasn't played yet. Could someone do something? I can't log in now.

8. mzprox

mzprox Prince

So what now? we just continue?
    Someone has to take over the maya.. maybe from a team which is no longer in play. And I mean it.. I don't want to wait for team fr anymore hoping that they jump in for a minute in the last hour or not . If the game will stay on a one turn/week pace I will drop from it very soon.

9. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

You have my permission to attempt to find a sub for Maya. They have received several warnings that they need to play their turns in a more timely manner several times now, so I don't see any reason to inform them again.

10. mzprox

mzprox Prince

I can't do too much besides writing here and hoping someone will volunteer to take the mayan civ. They are at war with cfc and apolyton and still have the means to cause much headache to those teams.. so for team RB or the spanish apolyton it1s a chance for revenge :).

11. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

I suggest someone posts over at RB at the very least in the general Civ discussion there that a sub would be appreciated. It's a good idea to mention the situation the team is in as well of course.

12. Hulkmusclor

Hulkmusclor Chieftain

Keep quiet and just play.

13. mzprox

mzprox Prince

Don't tell me I keep quiet, I'm not playing with you anymore, you are unreliable and instead of apologizing you insult me..

14. Hulkmusclor

Hulkmusclor Chieftain

I'm not insulting, you just mind your own business. But I feel you're raging for nothing.

I haven't apologies to do, the turn timer was completed, i couldn't connect before, the show must go on. I don't ask any pause or reload.

However, I notice that some teams pauses the game, sometimes.

So, you can drop, I don't care about.

15. Veter

Veter Chieftain

i am agree with mzprox. right now we need just continue, but we really need do somethink with maya turnmaker.

16. Hulkmusclor

Hulkmusclor Chieftain

Stop pausing the game and it will be quicker.

17. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Done.

18. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Oxyphenbutozone has expressed interest, but has some questions that maybe can be better answered over here.

19. mzprox

mzprox Prince

I think it's up to admin's decision, if the mayan player wants to go on, fine, but must understand that there are other players/teams and their 'fun' depends on each other. If one neglects the game it can cause issues and caused already from other teams as well. I think it should be expected from all team to:
    check on the game at least once a day
    if there is anything which prevents the above actions write here and explain the situation
    bonus: try to play the game normally. spending an average 3mins/turn at this stage is not good.

This is actually against my interest, an inactive enemy is much better for my position ingame (but i just can't stand waiting almost 2 days and not a single log in from maya and when there is it's usually 1-5 mins spent ingame just before the clock ends)

About situation: I estimate the game will end between 40-80 turns, maya will not win the game, but still have considerable army and gnp

20. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

If Oxyphenbutazone wants to take over, I see no reason why he shouldn't. Judging by how the turns are played by Maya now, it would seem that the interest for the game is not really there anymore.