Islamic Military Alliance

One talking head on CNN points out that the terrorists are being recruited from a vast reservoir of young unemployed men who have no hope for the future. Until this underlying problem is solved (and now, no one is addressing it), terrorism will continue.

That, I'm afraid is very true.

The truth is that too many young Muslim men don't think they have any meaningful stake in "Western civilization".

Yeah I have to agree. You could ultimately blame oil money for how Islamic fundamentalism became so popular since the latter half of the 20th century. Before the 20th century, much of the Islamic world was actually more liberal and progressive than it was currently. For example, the Ottoman Empire legalized homosexuality in 1858 (at the time, it was only France and a few small European countries that kept Napoleon's laws), and women in the Islamic world were envied by European women for having MORE rights and freedom. N

Wahhabism, in constrast, was an ideology confined to isolated desert nomads between the 18-20th centuries. Then wahhabi's set up saudi arabia and got filthy rich from all the oil underneath and was able fund the spread of their backwards ideology across the Islamic world. The Saudis are ultimately the root cause of this whole mess since decades ago and unless if THEY fundamentally reform internally, nothing is going to change.

They have Mecca and Medina, and they are winning.
Why should they reform?
http://qz.com/511115/its-time-to-take-mecca-out-of-saudi-hands/

It might seem obvious to you why Saudi Arabia is bad for Islam. Because the House of Saud controls Mecca, the direction of Muslim prayer and location of the hajj pilgrimage, and Medina, where the Prophet Mohammed built the first Muslim society, died and is buried, the Kingdom is linked to Islam. And vice versa. Though there is only one Muslim-majority country in the world where women can’t drive, because it is the country that rules over Islam’s holy land, it is assumed that Islam does not want women to drive. Because it is one of the few Muslim-majority countries that suffers an absolute monarchy, it is presumed Islam prefers unaccountable government too.

In so many ways, Saudi Arabia stains the reputation of Islam. But Saudi Arabia has another kind of influence on Islam. Every year, millions of pilgrims descend on Mecca to circumambulate the Ka’ba, the cubical shrine we believe was built by Abraham to honor God, and restored by Mohammed to His worship. Many are from poor countries, and are visibly bedazzled by Saudi conspicuous consumption, the magnificence of the wealth on display, the awesomeness and indescribable hugeness of the great mosques that have been constructed to accommodate their numbers.

I know how many feel. God has given the Saudis money beyond measure, and power over His holy land; this must mean God approves of their Islam.

They not only do not want to reform, they continue to export the extremist ideology of Wahhabism, which fuels terrorism and inspires future Islamic extremists. Unfortunately not much is going to change as long as they have the west in bed with them, and it seems that isn't going to change anytime soon.

And I mean, the balance of power in the middle east seems brittle, so whenever the dynamics shift in favour of Iran (or whoever else, but right now the muslim world seems to be more or less split along sunni vs shia lines of allegiance, and iran is seen as the leader of one while saudi arabia is seem as the leader of the other) we are probably not going to see results right away. It's probably going to further destabilize the region for a while instead first.

The middle east is a bit of a minefield, any attempts to "fix" it are going to result in an unbalance and probable violence and unrest. I think a lot of people in the region are going to be drawn to the "let's keep the status quo" argument for that reason - just so things don't get worse.. and in some cases, because "things are just not so bad, really, why risk it"

And I mean, yeah, all that stuff from the above post, God obviously gave them all this wealth and power for a reason type of thinking, etc.

So... This 'coalition' is far stupider than Bush's Coalition of the Willing ever was.

Islamic Military Alliance = The Coalition of the Unaware!

Pakistan
“We came to know about it through news reports. We have asked our ambassador in Saudi Arabia to get details on it".

Palestine
“No one here knows anything about what it is,” the official added.

Lebanon
The Foreign Ministry Tuesday denied having knowledge of Saudi Arabia's creation of an Islamic anti-terrorism coalition announced overnight, contradicting an earlier statement made by Prime Minister Tammam Salam implying that Lebanon was a member of the alliance.

Malaysia
Malaysia’s participation in a coalition of 34 Islamic nations to combat terrorism does not involve any military commitment from Malaysia, said Defence Minister Hishammuddin Hussein today.

And Indonesia is denying having taken a stance, saying the concept is still unclear and vague.

I think the Saudi prince dreamt this alliance up all by himself. :lol:

They have Mecca and Medina, and they are winning.
Why should they reform?
http://qz.com/511115/its-time-to-take-mecca-out-of-saudi-hands/

Exactly, it's a real shame that the Saudi's are seemingly so "blessed" by controlling the holy cities AND getting obscenely rich from all the oil that happens to lie underneath. They can pretty much do whatever the hell they want, and no one can stop them. The West still needs the oil, and the Saudis can easily claim that whatever actions they do and beliefs they hold is blessed by Allah because of their sheer luck in geography.
This sheer luck in geography for a bunch of religious nutcases is probably one of the biggest curses for Muslims, the Middle East, and the rest of the world.

We could always bomb them until they had nothing.

So... This 'coalition' is far stupider than Bush's Coalition of the Willing ever was.

Islamic Military Alliance = The Coalition of the Unaware!

Pakistan

Palestine

Lebanon

Malaysia

And Indonesia is denying having taken a stance, saying the concept is still unclear and vague.

I think the Saudi prince dreamt this alliance up all by himself. :lol:
:eek: That is amazing...

Top Bottom