Israel, Philistines and Biblical Civilizations

Still, that's harder because of what Kuserab mentioned... Even the link of Peleset - Sea Peoples - Philistines (or Persians) is rather frail, not to say about the overall Sea Peoples. So, thinking of other uniques and a leader might be quite hard.

@orikos: Well, for now nothings planned (except for Judeah as a Pro-Civ Israel civ), so I'm open to suggestions. Just remember Patria Grande is still my main project so this one advances quite slower.

@Maklohi Vai: yeah, still trying to figure out how to code some things though:

UA: Mishkeh Feast: Whenever a city is conquered or a new luxury resource is connected to the empire, the first 5 cities receive an instant ammount of Faith and Gold. (dependant on era)
UU: Peleset: Replacement for Spearman. May embark and starts with the Amphibious promotion with an extra move while embarked. Earn Gold upon attacking a city (like Privateers).
UB: Brewery: Replacement for Colosseum. +2 Happiness. +1 Faith and Gold on Wine and Wheat. Units trained on a city with a Brewery receive a special promotion that grants them a free move while the empire is happy.

Great! I cant wait to play with this civ! And the name of my city will be in the city list(i think)!:lol:

I'm just curious to see how similar theyd look to More Civ's Ayubbid's.

Grat unit and symbol! Is this a headless fish in the symbol?

About other civs, I think you need to do a hittite civ (like someone siad). Another persia under Cyrus will be nice. Other ideas: Kingdom of Moab, Ammonites, Amalek and Bashan under their giant king Og!

Doesn't Tomatekh have a really well done Hittite mod?

Yes he did, I forgot this. But I think it won't harm if Leugi will do a different Hittite civ.

Yes he did, I forgot this. But I think it won't harm if Leugi will do a different Hittite civ.

Well, LastSword also has a really well done Hittites mod.

I don't know, multiple versions/leaders of a civ works really well for more modern civs or empires that lasted a long time (i.e. England and Russia) as then you can make versions that draw uniques from different game eras.

With the ancient civs, especially considering how much the Civ V timeline already conflates the bronze and iron ages compared to the more modern eras, you have much less variation in terms of how to make the other version of the civ different. So with the Hittites it becomes another mod adding (some version of the chariot) and (something related to iron).

I think for ancient civs like that, it works much better to do one of the contemporaneous neighboring kingdoms (which overlapped to a degree) rather than doing another version of the civ itself. In the Hittite case, I'd much rather see say the Mittani than another version of the Hittites. Someone doing Akkad, instead of another version of Sumer. Assyria instead of another Babylon (if Assyria hadn't been added in BNW).

Edit: I just remembered Hiram has a Mittani civ.

Assyria's in BNW (rassafrassafrassin' Deity siege tower carpets) and Babylon's DLC. I completely agree with your point, though. 'S'why I've been working with DJShenniger on the various Late Antiquity Britain mods. It's like the Celtic Split, but with even more esoterica! =]

Honestly, I really like Tomatekh's Hittite uniques, so I wouldn't really do another one.

No one likes my Hittite civ :p

I do!! I'm actually now using your Hittite leader for my Hittite civ and am using the Oman leaderhead for Ugarit. It's not really right, but it's a great leaderhead and I probably can get away with it ;).

Honestly, I really like Tomatekh's Hittite uniques, so I wouldn't really do another one.
No problem; there's plenty of other biblical civs that haven't had a look-in.

I do!! I'm actually now using your Hittite leader for my Hittite civ and am using the Oman leaderhead for Ugarit. It's not really right, but it's a great leaderhead and I probably can get away with it ;).

I was just kidding (although I do know some people don't like the UA). But, the Hittites have gone through the most ability overhauls of all my civ mods, and I'm actually finally really happy with their current iteration.

Also, just to say, I really don't mind if someone wants to make a civ already done by me (I've made civs that already had mods present). I mostly make civ mods how I would want to play them, so versions of the civ by other modders don't really impact my mods.

I think Tomatekh's Hittites are great. There is no reason to make another version, or to rework the current version.

random thoughts.

-don't change the current version of Israel. I like how it represents all parts of the civilization.

- Sea peoples are interesting but so little are known.

- I'm also interesting in Beta Israel. The history is cool.

- Last, I think I really think a Palestine civ should be done. Israel is represented, the other side also should be represented.

So, There will be no Hittite civ and no Israel split (except Judea).
What about my ideas? I know that for some civs it'll be hard to find uniques or city lists, but it's possible.

- Last, I think I really think a Palestine civ should be done. Israel is represented, the other side also should be represented.

Palestine wasn't a biblical civ. It's right that Yehuda Hanasi's Judea is not biblical, but it is closer to the biblical period rather the palestines, who came to Israel in the Ottoman rule. In the modern age the Palestines are "the other side of the coin", but in the biblical period the other side was mostly the Philistines.

Palestine wasn't a biblical civ. It's right that Yehuda Hanasi's Judea is not biblical, but it is closer to the biblical period rather the palestines, who came to Israel in the Ottoman rule. In the modern age the Palestines are "the other side of the coin", but in the biblical period the other side was mostly the Philistines.

Though I agree, that logic would necessitate the removal of the Kibbutz.

Top Bottom