JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

Actually something along the lines of a unique National Wonder that can go in every city would be an appropriate UB. Possibly a State Capitol that replaces the National College, and provides somewhat less science but adds in some Happiness and serves as a Courthouse if it's in a conquered place.

I'm talking about the three US frigates launched around 1797, most notably the USS Constitution. The Constitution defeated 5 British ships in one-on-one fights in the War of 1812, resulting in the Royal Navy ordering it's frigates to never engage American frigates unless they had a 2:1 advantage.

I second this. In addition to the War of 1812, the Constitiution in partical had success on the Barbary Coast of Africa. You could call the unit a Heavy Frigate and it starts with the "Old Ironsides" promotion giving it x% defense against ranged attacks.

Or if you want a UB, the Colonial Meeting House could replace the Constabulary (I guess, Temple seems too early) and provide +1 :c5faith: and/or +1 :c5culture: to reflect the pro-revolution sentiment of the time ("Give me liberty or give me death" and "Don't tread on me") and have a GWoW slot to reflect the written propaganda of the time (Thomas Paine's "Common Sense") and maybe, when filled, generate GW points.

I second this. In addition to the War of 1812, the Constitiution in partical had success on the Barbary Coast of Africa. You could call the unit a Heavy Frigate and it starts with the "Old Ironsides" promotion giving it x% defense against ranged attacks.

That is a very sensible idea. And Heavy Frigate is really the only proper name for that. And everything a model for it would need would be a new, unique texture for the ordinary Frigate.

Any change to the Bismarck's Germany?

If there were, I would've listed as much :) So no, no change to any of the mechanics.

JFD, to which treaty if London the Belgian UA is referring to? And... thinking about it, shouldn't Victoria get Victorian age UA instead of Elizabeth getting Elizabethan age UA?

The most significant one in relation to Belgium.

The only reason Elizabeth's UA is called as much as because I couldn't think of anything else more specific that could justify the uniques. Sun Never Sets works for this sake, for Victoria, though.

A small question about Carthage, why was the name of Dido's Carthage changed to Qart Hadasht?

A small question about Carthage, why was the name of Dido's Carthage changed to Qart Hadasht?

What Tarcisio said - Qart Hadasht is an older, Phoenician name for the city (at least that's what the modern transliterations offer), and so it's more fitting for a semi-mythical figure that is Dido. Carthage, derived from the later Latin Carthago, seems good for the well-documented Hannibal. Also, a difference in city names prevents a situation when both Carthaginian leaders are present in one game and one steals the capital city's name from the other.

Churchill updated:

• Added Leugi's great new leaderscene and Janboruta's DoM to go with.
  • Added internal support for Sukritact's Decisions
  • Misc. code optimisations

Spoiler :

Churchill - The United Kingdom
Pax Britannica: Air and Naval Unit Production is increased for every Pledge of Protection that you have with City-States. Sea Trade Routes yield +1 Production for every two eras passed.

Spitfire: The Spitfire is a unique unit for the United Kingdom, replacing the Fighter. This Unit gains a bonus when fighting in friendly lands and heals 25 damage after destroying an enemy, making it excellent at defending the homeland. Like the Fighter, it can be based in any city you own or aboard an aircraft carrier. It can move from city to city (or carrier) and can perform "missions" within its range of 8 tiles. See the rules on Aircraft for more information.

Dreadnought: The Dreadnought is a powerful, early replacement for the Battleship. It costs an additional maintenance, but comes earlier than the Battleship and ignores enemy Zone of Control. Only the United Kingdom may build it.

Credits:

JFD - Author
Janboruta - Artwork (Map, Icon, Unit Flags)
Leugi - Artwork (Leaderscene)
danrell - Graphics (Dreadnought, Spitfire)
Mattygp90 - City List
Peace Theme - Andreas Waldeloft The R.A.F.
War Theme - Andreas Waldeloft Overture

Includes internal support for: Ethnic Units, Gedemon's YnAEMP, Sukritact's Decisions, Tomatekh's Historical Religions.

Guys, i downloaded the kingdom of italy (mussolini) and the papal states (Pius IX). Now i playing the in the modern era and i noted that the Kingdom of italy doesn't have Italian Ethnic Unit, instead of the Papal states that have all skin of italian units from WWI to information era. In the map that i play there are both. I do something wrong or simply the kingdom of italy doesn't have? I ask this because it's funny: the militaristic italy of mussolini without its units and the papal state (except for the swiss guards, has no army) have italian soldiers, airplanes, ship and tank. Thank in advance for the answer :)

Hi, JFD :)

I wanted to ask what civilizations you'll make next? ;) Thanks.

I can't say for sure, but probably the update to the Holy Roman Empire (which, given that is is unavailable at the moment, makes it sort of new). Otherwise, Denmark-Norway, I expect. Nothing will come (or, at least, will be begun) until around the end of the month, though; University matters are pressing, I'm afraid.

Guys, i downloaded the kingdom of italy (mussolini) and the papal states (Pius IX). Now i playing the in the modern era and i noted that the Kingdom of italy doesn't have Italian Ethnic Unit, instead of the Papal states that have all skin of italian units from WWI to information era. In the map that i play there are both. I do something wrong or simply the kingdom of italy doesn't have? I ask this because it's funny: the militaristic italy of mussolini without its units and the papal state (except for the swiss guards, has no army) have italian soldiers, airplanes, ship and tank. Thank in advance for the answer :)

Ah, sorry, that seems to be because I gave Italy the wrong Ethnic Units tag; I'll have this fixed when I can. Thanks for bringing it up. In the meantime, you can copy this file into My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization V/MODS/JFD's The Kingdom of Italy/Core and replace the existing file.

I can't say for sure, but probably the update to the Holy Roman Empire (which, given that is is unavailable at the moment, makes it sort of new). Otherwise, Denmark-Norway, I expect. Nothing will come (or, at least, will be begun) until around the end of the month, though; University matters are pressing, I'm afraid.

Ah, sorry, that seems to be because I gave Italy the wrong Ethnic Units tag; I'll have this fixed when I can. Thanks for bringing it up. In the meantime, you can copy this file into My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization V/MODS/JFD's The Kingdom of Italy/Core and replace the existing file.

Thank You!:)

YEEES!!! Two of the civs I have been looking the most forward to!

Top Bottom