JFD and Janboruta's Sponsors

Sure am. it happens with Nordic Union so I know it isn't just that mod.

Somebody on reddit just informed me they are 2d sprite and the leader model has to be set to low. I wish they would put that on the workshop page...

OK, but Civ 5 - Tech Support isn't the place for this -- wrong game and wrong forum (Tech Support isn't for mod problems).

Moderator Action: Merged with existing thread in CivBE new sponsors forum.

Sure am. it happens with Nordic Union so I know it isn't just that mod.

Somebody on reddit just informed me they are 2d sprite and the leader model has to be set to low. I wish they would put that on the workshop page...

You have to set it to Minimum, and it is stated as such on the Workshop page for all of my BE sponsor mods.

Sorry got meant minimal I didn't see it on the page though. I love the mod I always use it now as an AI opponent that usually becomes an ally.

On a side note, I wish I could afford a pen for my computer so I can practice and hope to draw as well as your artist someday on one of my mods.

I don't know why it Firaxis doesn't hire you. I'm not sucking up here I mean that.

Well, then I'd like to report a bug as I did not get any points despite having 2 levels of Purity. Perhaps the issue was that both levels were received from quests/expeditions?

Getting this again too. I think the HS's UA is just really buggy atm. Some games I get points, others I don't, sometimes when I get points they are different values from game to game. Though maybe once the game get's patched, it might fix the UA issues. In my game I got two points from quest/expeditions and two from tech, so I'm not sure it's the quest and expeditions giving affinity points that is buggy.

Are you aware that the Resource pods of the Polish UA are able to spawn on Canyons? That means there's no possibility of reaching them unless you have floating units.

Are you aware that the Resource pods of the Polish UA are able to spawn on Canyons? That means there's no possibility of reaching them unless you have floating units.

They should spawn at the Capital as of the latest version.

No disrespect to colonial legacies or anything they're a good team but I'm not happy with their new mod taking up most of the most of the 49th parallel north all the way to Russia.

also, I think the trait is a little lame. but I'm trying real hard not to be a hater because collaborating on a small team for a Canadian sponsor

Wrong thread? Also we don't take up most of the parallel - we should be more clear - we take Iceland, and the Northern parts of Norway and Finland. We also take Svalbard and very minimal Russian territories around the same region.

If you post this in the right thread I'm more than happy to discuss traits with you.

The first line in the description on Steam Workshop is "oh Space Canada!" furthermore it says "Earth Regions: Canada, Iceland, Scandinavia, Alaska, northern Russian territories".

I don't want to start a flame war with you because I really do respect your work and look forward to your upcoming mods. but yes, you should be more clear.

as for me knocking your traits I will admit I was a bit steamed. they probably work great on archipelago maps which I don't really play. although I will play your mod before I criticize it any further.

No disrespect to colonial legacies or anything they're a good team but I'm not happy with their new mod taking up most of the most of the 49th parallel north all the way to Russia.

also, I think the trait is a little lame. but I'm trying real hard not to be a hater because collaborating on a small team for a Canadian sponsor

To be honest I like Colonial Legacies (so far the only team with plans for a dutch sponsor :)); theirs, JFD's team, LordShadow, Pouakai and Luegi's mods are all great (as is a bloke named Wakeupmrbubbles on steam who released a few sponsor mods but doesn't seem to come here) everyone does a hell of a job with great idea's and fantastic art so short after release of the game. Off course they all have different idea's of the future and that clashes sometimes, which is unavoidable I guess.
And since I mix them all up I have improvised and adjusted some things in the text of the mods so they still fit in together for my own need. For example I didn't like the name of one of the sponsors so I changed it in the xml text files which isn't that hard to do. That way you can also change leader and city-names if you want. Or for example I think Denmark and Norway joined in two different sponsers so I modded them out of one of the sponsors civ text. As long as you don't publish these changes as your own mod and keep them on your own computer nobody will have any problems with that.
I think the hardest thing in the mods are the traits and the art they made anyway. So if you want your idea/country/region on your own computer (!!!) as a sponsor but can't make the art or don't know how (or just don't want) to make new traits, download one of these already great made ones made and just rename the name of the sponsor/leader/cities and sponsor/leader description and you have your own private little mod. Or convince one of these teams to make a brand new sponsor with your ideas off course, which would be even better.

Huh, so the Iron Pact was featured on Civilization's Facebook page. Congrats. I logged into FB for the morning and that was the first thing I saw on my feed.

Likely a civBE bug, the game is still rather buggy :p

Likely a civBE bug, the game is still rather buggy :p

Weird, haha. I've been playing as the Holy See with several of JFD's other sponsors on the map and I'm very impressed so far! Looking forward to when I know the game well enough to start making my own.

We got sponsors representing like 20+ countries... and the galactic polish empire.
:p

We got sponsors representing like 20+ countries... and the galactic polish empire.
:p

Need more. I for one want to see at least one or two Middle East sponsors, another sponsor from India, and some more Asian Sponsors.

Though hopefully when the patch goes live The Holy See, The Christian Democratic Commonwealth, and some other sponsor's UA's get fixed. A lot of custom sponsor's UAs don't work for me or will work only sometimes, which is upsetting cause a lot of them are really interesting, though I expect it has something to do with the game being buggy. Though no matter how annoying that UA for unit disappearing is when using The Christian Democratic Commonwealth is, I have to use them cause I love the Bureaucrats colonist addon. Fit's my playing style so well. :p

I just had an idea though for an update to The Holy See's UA. I think it would be kinda cool if you can add to it, though im not sure how balance this will be ill admit it, an ability to construct "holy sites" when an explore finished an expedition. I really think this would be a cool idea. :p

edit: Found a bug. I have a game where The Christian Democratic Commonwealth UA is working for me, but for some reason the capital is providing +2 health instead of 1. Though my other cities with naval garrisons are providing the correct value.

Need more. I for one want to see at least one or two Middle East sponsors, another sponsor from India, and some more Asian Sponsors.

Though hopefully when the patch goes live The Holy See, The Christian Democratic Commonwealth, and some other sponsor's UA's get fixed. A lot of custom sponsor's UAs don't work for me or will work only sometimes, which is upsetting cause a lot of them are really interesting, though I expect it has something to do with the game being buggy. Though no matter how annoying that UA for unit disappearing is when using The Christian Democratic Commonwealth is, I have to use them cause I love the Bureaucrats colonist addon. Fit's my playing style so well. :p

I just had an idea though for an update to The Holy See's UA. I think it would be kinda cool if you can add to it, though im not sure how balance this will be ill admit it, an ability to construct "holy sites" when an explore finished an expedition. I really think this would be a cool idea. :p

edit: Found a bug. I have a game where The Christian Democratic Commonwealth UA is working for me, but for some reason the capital is providing +2 health instead of 1. Though my other cities with naval garrisons are providing the correct value.

you know india and middle east counts as asia, right?

Top Bottom