1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] June 2019 Patch Details

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Jun 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kmart_Elvis

Kmart_Elvis Prince

I don't think this will come out next week. If they figured they could release it next Tuesday or so, I don't think they would've posted anything, and just let us wait a couple days.

Because this is at the end of the work week, and there's been a long delay already, I don't think they're close to fixing it and just want to at least give us a heads up they're still working on the issue.

2. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

I was just messing around in firetuner and I noticed this
    upload_2019-6-15_0-27-29.png
    does anyone know what a science victory point is?... maybe it is coming in the patch?

3. Kmart_Elvis

Kmart_Elvis Prince

Could it be whenever you complete Launch Moon Landing or any other stage to complete a science victory? That's the first I've heard of a "science victory point" though.

Kjimmet, Eurritz and acluewithout like this.
  4. timmychompchomp

timmychompchomp Chieftain

Appreciate the quick communication from Firaxis. I am so happy they chose to do that. That meets my expectations, however silly they may be too others.

racha, Kjimmet, Weraptor and 3 others like this.
  5. acluewithout

acluewithout Deity

Ha! I’m sorry the patch isn’t ready yet. But really appreciate the communication.

Oh well. It’ll be ready when it’s ready.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    Babri, Kjimmet, sonicmyst and 3 others like this.
  6. MrRadar

MrRadar Emperor

The speeding-up lasers for the Exoplanet Expedition?

Karmah likes this.
  7. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Perhaps they were/are considering turning the science victory into a points victory like the diplo victory? Or maybe each of those dots on the science victory screen that gets filled in as you accomplish stuff is a science victory point?

Whatever it is, I doubt there will be anything significant related to it in the patch, or they would have said something already.

8. Ziad

Ziad Emperor

Well I figured it wouldn't be released today since no respectable software company releases products on a Friday... but I was hoping for patch notes. Maybe next week.

9. tedhebert

tedhebert King

I guess that's how they count down the turns to SV... like @MrRadar mentioned, when building lagrange stations and stuff ? +1 for every laser built ?

10. Ziad

Ziad Emperor

I'm almost certain that's what it is. It's simpler to track it via points rather than a vector of objectives.

11. Karmah

Karmah King Supporter

Yes it has to be. Either it is your speed or your completion status. SV is currently 'points based'. You accumulate points each turn until you have enough to win.The number of need point is fixed and can be infered easily. I don't see where the puzzle is. Those point are representing a distance that you have to cross and that you do cross at a variable speed that changes as you 'speed up the project'. But that is the way it is working.

12. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Wish I was so convinced, not hard to test though, cheers!

13. Karmah

Karmah King Supporter

Yeah well ,it's probably my math-modelling-wired brain (and certaintly not arrogance) that have me state that CV and SV are basically working the same way mechanically wise. Obvioiusly ressources involved changes and the threshold in CV is dynamic with regards to other civs when it is fixed on SV.

14. Eyswein

Eyswein Warlord

I'm glad they are getting rid of the OP 'Goddess of the Harvest' and nerfing Great Works of Writing. Also like that upgrading Ancient Walls actually makes Battering Rams obsolete. I didn't see any details about fixing trade - hopefully that is occurring also. I'm hoping they continue to make fast games tougher (and hence slower).

Also wish they would at least release draft patch notes and then just update it when it is actually released.

Weraptor likes this.
  15. CivLuvah

CivLuvah Emperor

What if they hold the release for so long til July that they have to rename the patch?

iammaxhailme likes this.
  16. MrRadar

MrRadar Emperor

The patch, once announced and named, cannot be renamed. Coding reasons and such:coffee:
    A considerably simpler workaround would be to rename months, as, I am sure, we have precedents. In this case swapping the names June and July will be a very elegant and correct solution, because Julius, a man, must shield a woman, Juno, against the spring storms - she would certainly appreciate some protection, and also, Juno, I am sure once again, is much hotter that Julius anyway, being a goddess and all that.
    :D

17. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Hawke9, Kjimmet, RohirrimElf and 2 others like this.
  18. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

Hawke9, Ondolindë, Kjimmet and 3 others like this.
  19. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

20. Elhoim

Elhoim Iron Tower Studio Dev

Cool. I expected a bigger bump, but that's not bad. The main problem for me about the tech pace are the city states, and the bonuses to buildings. What's more, except for production, the bonuses they give to every building really unbalances everything, as they reinforce the snowballing and ICS. They can add anything they want to the T3 buildings, but as long as they keep the cities state bonuses, is better to plop down more cities and get bigger yields.

I understand they wanted them to scale better into the lategame, but the stacking of bonuses of 2-3 city states really throws the balance out of the window. They should give a +1 for science and culture (and maybe less to the others as well). Personally I went for a flat +2 to your capital for all tiers, as I dislike the huge power they give and this philosophy of "magical yields" that come out of nowhere. I understand the CS giving some resources, but the abilities related to them are practically magical, creating yields and resources out of nowhere. Flat yields, access to resources and the suzerain bonus is enough.

Kjimmet, ce61agg, Knasp and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.