[GS] June 2019 Patch Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
It compounds though, right? An extra few turns on each mid-game tech can add up in the end.
Yes, exactly. But the graph in such a form is really unclear. Probably it would be better to give some comparative histogram of the grand total of beakers per era pre- and post-patch.
In the present form the graphs makes you think hardly anything has changed.

It's if you combine it with a considerable reduction in production cost and a buff to some sources of production.
I would argue the exact opposite. Higher production means greater access to higher end science buildings earlier (production costs essentially being scaled downward) meaning that the science cost increase has been effectively offset by the production boost.

No single system exists in a vacuum in a Civ game, which is where civ-balance often fails (see why many of us scream and howl about why coastal/naval civs are too weak). The entire game exists in one multi-polar axis and putting your finger on any single point changes the balance of every single other point of the axis.

It's if you combine it with a considerable reduction in production cost and a buff to some sources of production.

Yes, I think we have to look at the whole picture when interpreting the graph. The tech costs may seem negligible, but when considered next to production costs, building/improvement output changes, etc., I think FXS’s aim to balance the mid- and late-game pacing will be clearly felt.

Anton Strenger just replied on twitter to my question regarding turns added to the game. Regarding the extra tech cost on middle/late game era’s.

(I dont know how to add the link on my tablet)

Anton Strenger just replied on twitter to my question regarding turns added to the game. Regarding the extra tech cost on middle/late game era’s.

(I dont know how to add the link on my tablet)

Anton has further clarified how the increase tech cost will affect game length. It seems like it will be a minimal increase (think one or two turn increase to a ten-turn tech) due to concerns that a larger change would affect victory lengths, but it should help some. He stated that the team is open to further changes if this isn’t enough of a change.

2kqa_b updated 4 mins ago. That hasnt been updated in almost 20 days. might still be weeks out at this point if its a worst case scenario

Maybe not the proper place to ask, but are these released for Mac at the same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom