1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] June 2019 Patch Details

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Jun 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minou

Minou Prince

I am excited for the patch but glad they announced it well before release so I can finish my last game with Goddess of the Harvest. So glad they FINALLY got rid of this unbalanced pantheon (though it would have been nice to make it yield a flat 20f per chip instead if killing it entirely).

Agree patch notes would be great in the meantime thought. This really seems like a useful one rebalancing a lot of key things instead of just window dressing.

2. SxSnts9

SxSnts9 Warlord

I believe a great example of this is the Fable series. Lionhead studios made the mistake of speaking about everything they were trying to put into the game and when the first one released it was missing a few of the 'features' they said 'they'd like to include'. Even though the game was fantastic, people complained that they were misled because one of the execs had said in interviews they were trying to include features A, B and C...in the end they couldn't make it work though.

Damned if I do ya, damned if I don't (Bonus points if you can name the band)

I'm also disappointed that the patch is taking longer than expected, but I'm confident it will be out next week. All is well if that happens and the patch is a hit.

3. Duuk

Duuk Doom-Sayer Supporter

Not ever in the history of ever did WoW use a fixed date for a patch (outside of an expansion). Ever. Ever ever. They're literally the company that COINED the meme "Soon[tm] All rights reserved. "Soon™" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

They only set fixed dates for patches about a week in advance once they knew they were ready.

CPWimmer and Chocolate Pi like this.
  4. CanusAlbinus

CanusAlbinus Chieftain

I don't know if this has a bearing on things, but here's a short history of releases compared to PolyCast episode recordings and releases:
    • GS was announced the Tuesday after the final episode of PolyCast for 2018 was recorded, which meant no discussion about could happen on air until December 24.
    • GS was released the Thursday after an episode was recorded, which meant we could not cover it until three weeks later (edited version).
    • This patch was announced 2 days after the most recent recording of our show, which means we can't discuss the patch live until tomorrow or on recording until June 22.
    My conclusion therefore is that it will be released next Tuesday, which will mean we can't discuss it until June 29 live or (July 6 edited).

5. Dustbrother

Dustbrother Chieftain

Wait.. This STILL isn't out yet?!..

TrailblazingScot likes this.
  6. Kupe Navigator

Kupe Navigator Chieftain

I have a feeling that it will comeout very last week of June or even 30th of june.

7. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

The 30th is a Sunday.

pokiehl likes this.
  8. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

well, they did say that they had more surprises for us.

borad, Stilgar08, Weraptor and 5 others like this.
  9. tekjunkie28

tekjunkie28 Prince

The only odd thing is no updates on the steamDB. I mean its very very odd. Either thye have a bug that very very hard to find or 2KQA is still testing it. I just find it odd that Nothing has been submitted this week either way.

10. Eagle Pursuit

The last thing was Mac and Linux Branches to 2K. It could be that they simply haven't heard back from 2K with the go-ahead. Or Aspyr has heard back and is still working on a fix to QA test.

Or perhaps they have heard back, but the next feasible day to release it is next week.

CPWimmer and RohirrimElf like this.
  11. Tuvok694

Tuvok694 Warlord

I'm beginning to think that was a big hoax. What's the point in making such a big announcement and then not releasing the patch?

12. Eagle Pursuit

Word from Firaxis:

https://twitter.com/CivGame/status/1139638701531598848?s=19

They're working on it but don't have a date yet.

Since this came out right at the end of their working day, I suspect they were hoping to announce a date today, but the outlook still hasn't resolved for them yet.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    Hawke9, conorbebe, Stilgar08 and 8 others like this.
  13. Daigotsu Max

Daigotsu Max Chieftain

Thanks Eagle Pursuit. I'm disappointed we didn't get it this week but it helps that they're communicating about it.

14. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

:( My version history post is forlorn over the lack of a version number and release date for the June patch.

acluewithout likes this.
  15. Karmah

Karmah King Supporter

God you guys really make the fanatics shine in this forum's name :)

Hawke9 and Eurritz like this.
  16. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

Well I finished my game before it got broken by a patch.

I guess I'll back to Civ 5 until the patch.

17. darkace77450

darkace77450 King

"The June Patch will release in July. Surprise!"

18. Elhoim

Elhoim Iron Tower Studio Dev

Well, that's all we needed for communication :salute:

acluewithout likes this.
  19. dshole

dshole Chieftain

I just really hope they fix end game stability on larger maps with this update. The crashes are a total experience killer for me.

20. tedhebert

tedhebert King

Gee sometimes I SO wish they'd put unlike options on this board!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.