Kazakstan pitboss game

Hmm, smokey looks set to miss his turn...

Shall I pause it for him?

ah, I wasn't able to login, strange for smokey to miss a turn...

Smokey is fully in control of his game, and nothing happened last turn, so we should proceed as planned.

I'm definitely not going to be able to make it before the timer runs out. I tried login in severl times last night but it kept timing out (you can probably see this on civstats). If someone can pause it for cav scout or I that will be appreciated.

I'm still getting 'destination host unreachable' on Hamachi :(

I can log on now but then I get stuck... Can someone else log on and unpause the game?

I unpaused it. Two and a half hours left on the timer. I'll try to keep am eye on it and re-pause if it gets under an hour to go.

I think smokey reloaded something. It seems to be better now.

Done our turn and left it paused for Sommers

Sounds like the same problem I used to have. I by pass my router now and I never get this problem any more. I by pass the router because I never could figure out how to open the ports. Since it's so late I'm not going to unpause the game. We can sort it out tomorrow.

If we do a turn roll without sommers moving we'll agree not to move any troops involved in combat for a turn to compensate for tactical movements missed.

I still cant log in to the Pitboss. I tried Ping'ing Smoke and Provo and it times out every time. It says host unreachable. I already added the 2056 UDP port to the firewall exception list and also added Hamachi to the exceptions list when Smoke first mentioned it. That was a long time ago... so I will double check to make sure the port is still unblocked. I had not had any problems logging in to pitboss since I unblocked the ports, so IDK why I am having problems now.:(

Donsig keeps crushing the game for some reason.

Donsig have you got all multiplayer ports open on your router/firewall? If not you should open at least port 2056 for UDP.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=153626

In fact everyone playing this game should open this port.
When you say ALL the MP ports, do you mean these:
Need some help figuring out if I'm the one with connection issues or if it's other players on the gamespy server.

I have a static internal ip, the game is added as an exception on the windows firewall and the following ports are forwarded on my router:

1. 2056 TCP
2. 2056 UDP
3. 6667 TCP (IRC)
4. 6500 TCP (Query Port)
5. 6500 UDP (Query Port)
6. 6515 UDP (Dplay UDP)
7. 13139 UDP (Custom UDP Pings)
8. 27900 UDP (Master Server UDP Heartbeat)
9. 28900 TCP (Master Server List Request)
10. 29900 TCP (GP Connection Manager)
11. 29901 TCP (GP Search Manager)
12. 2300-2400 UDP (DirectPlay - UDP)

So, I have 12 ports open in total, I left out '3783 (Voice Chat Port)' and '2033 (Civ4)' because others in this thread said they were unnecessary. I also omitted '47624 (Directplay)' because it seems to be a leftover from Civ III.

I still have difficulty connecting to games in gamespy, could there be something that I am overlooking?

Or something else? :confused: I already have 2056 UDP open.:( I hate holding up all the fun :cry:

I tried again just now and I still get a 'timed out' message when I try to login to pitboss. Hamachi also still tells me that the 'destination host is unreachable' whenever I try to Ping Smokey, so I think the problem is with Hamachi, not pitboss. Should I open port 2056 to Hamachi instead of Civ 4? I am not sure how to open ports on my router, even if I could, I'm not sure I'd want to, because I don't know enough about networks to know how my computer's security would be affected. Also, I don't understand why this would be a problem since I have not been having any trouble before... Why can't I ping anyone on Hamachi?:confused:

Top Bottom