KhaNESII: S.P.Q.R

Quintus Volcatius Festus arrives at the Senate chamber, though not for the first time. His father, Drusus Vitruvius Festus, had served in the Senate with honor, and Quintus had often been taken along to see the inner workings of the greatest body Jupiter had graced on the earth. Drusus had been a vocal opponent of Sulla and his Optimati allies, but his wealth and political connections had kept him safe. It was only after Sulla was dead that Drusus had finally been killed, being stricken dead on his way home from the Senate and leaving his seat to his son. Quintus, like his father, believes that the people of Rome must be protected above all else, especially from the ambitions of the Patricians and Optimates. Though he is of age (being 16 years old), he is looked down upon for his youth by other Senators, despite his wealth of knowledge and learning. Above all, Quintus is eager to join in the running of Rome and prove his worth to his fellow Senators.

Ehhhhhh do what you want with the two legion in Gaul Ekolite. Your decision.

I'll be sending orders in a few moments.

Okay, been slipping on this. You guys still have 48 hours to send in orders. The update might take a while to come out, university has started once more and its awfully busy. :p

Welcome aboard to Peck of Arabia and theLastJacobite, I will get your characters into the game after the update.

Look guys, I'm really sorry about this, but I just don't have time to run this anymore.

I bit off a hell of a lot more than I might have been able to chew to start with - this was a pretty ambitious project from the start.

But unfortunately, uni has just started up for me, and I've transferred into one with a much, much larger workload. I've basically been flat out since it started, and that doesn't look like its going to let up.

I feel really bad, and I would like to see this project continue, but I'm afraid I just can't do it. If anybody else would like to pick it up or do a similar project (I recall germanicus was interested) I'd be happy to send them the programs I had written for battles and anything else they might need.

Once again, I'm really, really sorry about this. :(

Oh. :( Well, I was already starting to suspect this, so it wasn't much of a surprise. Hope somebody else takes this up and continues.

Sad to see this end, but at least it allows me to start up mine.

Expect to see it up in the next few days. I have decided to start it just before the start of the first Punic War with Rome in control of most of Italy and contending with Carthage over control in Sicily.

It will be similar to this NES in that all players must be Senators but there will be no governors, since Rome has no outside territories to govern, instead I will create the office of Administration, which will allow appointments of Administrators to various cities and regions in Italy proper, with Rome controlled only by the Senate.

Generals and Consuls will use the similar rules of this NES, with Consuls serving only 1 year as historically accurate, and each update will last 1 month.

More to come in the actual thread. Hope to see these Senators there. :)

Top Bottom