KhaNESII: S.P.Q.R

Tiberius Dossenius Iustinius reporting for duty!

Tiberius Dossenius Iustinius, by his own admission, did rather well under Sulla. Not as prestigious as the older Patritician families, the Dossenii had no grounds for complaint when rich plebeians, who threatened their tenuous political position, were kept in check by Sulla's reforms and the families sudden increase in wealth owes a lot to Sulla's confiscation of his enemies' property during the dictatorship.

Tiberius himself held a comfortable enough commission, cutting his teeth in the later part of the Mithridatic War. Unlike much of his family, though, he played no role during the dictatorship itself, opting to stay out of politics, and often out of Rome itself. The upshot of this being that, with the fall of Sulla, he became one of the select few of his family who could be rehabilitated into the new order with relative ease.

Unfortunately he is hampered by the existence of embarrassingly reactionary relatives, his family being made up of lesser, relatively new, patrician stock tetchy about their rather precarious societal status. Those that were not taken down by Sulla's deposition remain to loudly bemoan the new order, and the mob, with enough gusto to ensure more reasonable family members, such as Tiberius are tarred with the same brush.

Still, he is a young man- and if he can do well for himself and the family in the new order, he might just be able to shut Aunt Lucia up...

Not a "real" one, if you'd ask most other Dossenii, (especially Aunt Lucia). I'd say that is where my natural inclinations lie, but I'm far more pragmatic than most of my family, which is why I'm in the Senate, and they're mainly ridiculed, exiled or dead.

Welcome aboard, Peck of Arabia!

I'll have your stats up likely tomorrow, I'm kind of a zombie atm and not really in a position to do NES things and I'm going to be out all of tonight.

You'll have your stats and still have plenty of time to send orders this update though, don't worry about that :)

We don't need a new one in Greece, but we do need a new Gaul overseer, and perhaps a new general for army I since mayor seems inactive.

Which will be breaking the consular order.

I will not abandon the legion in the middle of a siege. I can leave it in Gaul when the siege ends instead of bringing it to Rome if you would rather. But I will not surrender the Legion until the siege ends in 2 months.

Whatever you decide I am returning to Rome in 3 months unless I receive different orders on campaign.

I will not abandon the legion in the middle of a siege. I can leave it in Gaul when the siege ends instead of bringing it to Rome if you would rather. But I will not surrender the Legion until the siege ends in 2 months.

Whatever you decide I am returning to Rome in 3 months unless I receive different orders on campaign.
You are not requested to "Abandon" the legion. What you are requested is to give over command to another general. After that, you may stay there if you wish.

Considering mayor is not responding to your PMs, perhaps it would be better for germanicus to remain in control of Legion 1 for the this turn, and then we can see where things stand following the next update?

I don't really know why Germanicus is Being relieved of command myself.

Oh. I technically have to. Nothing to do yet though, so not like it makes a difference.

Sorry for not commenting for a while.

I need to know what resources I will be getting as the overseer of Gaul. Immaculate's request for resources from various governors still stands. However, I would appreciate if the armies and the gold are sent to me directly so that the funds can be utilized to end the war in a swift manner.

I am also declaring that, as the overseer of the Gaulish affairs and the governor of Africa, that I find the 300 deserter Legionaires on my territory is to be pardoned of their crimes provided they assist in pacifying the situation in Gaul. They will accompany me to the Gaulish territories where they will either be disbanded following the completion of initial pacification efforts or merged into a pre-existing legion.

Orders for the rest of the commanders will come soon. These orders are simple imperatives. The commanders are responsible for devising their own way of completing said imperative.

Unless the consuls are really insistent Germanicus is to hold his position as Legatus.

I will be sending revised orders tomorrow night.

Excellent.

Now that places have been replaced, I'll call for another 5 days for orders, giving me a weekend to write stuff up.

Top Bottom