Kid punched into coma by douchebag for compliment

Ahh but crime has increased in recent times, so my criticism is entirely valid.

People have increased in recent times, tools for crime have increased in recent times, objects deemed worthy of coveting have increased in recent times, genres of music have increased in recent times, entertainment options have increased in recent times, television channels have increased in recent times, the cost of a stick of gum has increased in recent times, "good old day syndrome" cases have increased in recent times, the number of years since the earliest recorded recent times has increased in recent times.

When comparing crimes like murder rates and such, crime has dropped dramatically (if I remember correctly, but I wait for contradicting data first before I start looking for my own)

Ahh but crime has increased in recent times, so my criticism is entirely valid.

Actually, last I checked, violent crime has been on the decline over the past ~20 years, unless you're referring to something else.

wiki wiki

Actually, last I checked, violent crime has been on the decline over the past ~20 years, unless you're referring to something else.

wiki wiki

Hey, don't lecture him when that's your country that's happening in.

Well you said "in recent times" which is a fairly broad and thoroughly meaningless qualifier if this conversation tells us anything.

I don't think these charts also take into account under-reporting in the 19th century and earlier; without modern police forces and detectives, crimes occurred that went unrecorded. I'd have to take a look at the chart's source material to see whether or not an estimate was included.

So if anything, the drop in violent crime rates is even more drastic from the pre-20th century.

Immigration, population "growth", and drug wars... does that pretty much explain spikes in homicide rates during the 20s and 70-80s? I can see why WWII would have contributed to a drop until the baby boomers started coming of age, the same drop since 1990 may be the result of abortion policy back in the 70s.

It used to be acceptable to own other human beings as property and torture used to be perfectly acceptable as a means to punish and intimidate. I love when people overreact and act like this is the dark times for morality.

Macho American culture caused this to happen, don't you lecture me when it's your country this happened in.

I don't think "macho American culture" is the problem here. The assaulter clearly has some other problems. I don't know where you're from, but I'm absolutely sure your countrymen have done plenty of stupid things too.

I don't think "macho American culture" is the problem here. The assaulter clearly has some other problems. I don't know where you're from, but I'm absolutely sure your countrymen have done plenty of stupid things too.

His remark says it all. He's trying to be a macho man, just like Bruce Willis in Die Hard. He's just another American who saw too many movies as a child. Another orphan of a bankrupt culture who thinks he's John Wayne.

His remark says it all. He's trying to be a macho man, just like Bruce Willis in Die Hard. He's just another American who saw too many movies as a child. Another orphan of a bankrupt culture who thinks he's John Wayne.

His statement in the OP was: "That's a stupid question". Not really a Macho Man quote.

Top Bottom