KotOR Mafia - game thread

I wouldn't even mind if everyone made two or three on-topic posts if it meant that people would stop making one post a day and that simply to vote with no explanation.

I'm afraid that neither moaning about it nor threatening punitive measures actually does much good, though. Instituting a really brutal wogging policy across all games at CFC might improve things over time, but it's just as likely to cause people to stop playing altogether as it is to get them contributing more. Getting rid of private communication between non-scum would help to increase the amount of public analysis that takes place in games like this, but the evidence of games without power roles (in which private communication is far less useful) suggests that inactivity will still remain a significant issue.

By far the most effective policy for those who want to encourage greater activity is to increase their own participation levels considerably, making a point of posting far more - and far more detailed - analysis of the game than anybody does at present. Addressing direct questions at multiple players every round - and advocating the lynch for those who don't answer - is pretty effective. Giving daily run downs of their thoughts on other players (as many as possible) is also good, as are demands for suspects to give their thoughts on each other. And, from a participation perspective, you can never have too much discussion on the nature of the set-up and game mechanics. The analysis doesn't even have to be high quality - in fact, bad analysis may provoke even more discussion - just so long as you're giving people reasons to speak up, and putting pressure on those who fail to do so.

Ah
I usualy do not find enough energy to make analysis

But I try to response to every question if there is any to me

#3 is Grammar. But he must be referring to #4, that is Pop Culture.

Question about auctions: If two people bid the same amount of money for an item, who receives it? Or must the second person bid more?

Must outbid, imagine you're at Sotheby's in an auction for a handsomely made Edwardian Blaster Pistol.

Ah
I usualy do not find enough energy to make analysis

But I try to response to every question if there is any to me

Yeah, I think this is true of most players at CFC, which is why it's incumbent upon those who want to see more activity to drive the change by their own efforts. There's a certain momentum to these things, and once people get used to being asked about stuff all the time, and seeing other players regularly introducing new talking points, it's likely they'll start increasing their own contributions to discussion without so much prompting (especially when they see that failing to do so makes them prime targets for the lynch).

OK; Day Phase over, I'll compare the current tally with the player list and apply said sanctions. Sorry folks, but Arakhor's used Force Persuasion on me.

Game wasn't broken, certainly not to the mafia's advantage. Pizza was bluffing. The whining about this being Capo IV again was laughable.

You will see, very, very soon, that it's actually Capo III, as I said. All the fun will be gone from the game in about 1 day phase or two.

I am so confused. The fact I'm unfamiliar with what occurred in the Capo games does not help.

DAY NINE

Takhisis just decided to order another anchovy-overloaded pizza. The pizza guy came to the back directly this time.

'Pity those people rejected my terms. They insist on killing me, can't you do something about it?'.

'Hmmm, nope. What are you talking about?'

'The game, man, the game!' the Pizza man explained. 'Look, it's like that game my great-uncle Askvaard invented', he chirped on happily, his eyes starting to point in opposing directions. 'That game where you kill people and… see here? It says so in the fine print: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic; the Mafia Game. Ahhahahaa!'.

Takhisis was startled, and the cat was drooling at the smell of anchovies. 'Hhhhm, OK, man just gimme the pizza and I'll pay you, and put down the CD box'.

'No, not until you reboot the game! I want a rematch!'. The pizza delivery guy danced around the basement while humming a tune.

'A rematch? Whatever the hell for? I have more than enough to do after this. I gotta sleep, and play this crazy Star Wars game, and feed the cat, and then I gotta sleep some more, and at some point I gotta do my homework'.

'Oh really?'. A strange, fixed smile was upon the pizza delivery guy's face.

Takhisis suddenly remembered that Askvaard was the name of a dangerous maniac that had hosted a dinner party where he had killed people with a chainsaw. Takhisis had been a guest at this Dinner party and had been 'killed' but not really killed (not chainsaw-killed at least) and had had some wonderful soup there. Now he noticed the very strong family resemblance between Professor Askvaard von Pizzaguy, violent psychopath, and the pizza delivery guy. 'What did you say your name was again'?

'My name is Ask, since you ask. What a funny coincidence! I'm a pizzaguy!' said said pizzaguy, on a stepladder and trying to see if he could set fire to it. 'So,' he continued, 'you've just asked the p-pizza guy! Ask the pizzaguy! Whee!'

Takhisis had by now managed to get to the phone and gotten to call the local police department, saying that a maniac was lose in his basement. The oblivious purveyor of cheese-and-fish-covered flatbreads had by now proven the non-flammability of the ladder, and the flammability of his outer clothing.

'Ah-hahaha! Hahahahaa!'. He then proceeded to take the buzzsaw and went to find a plug so they could.

Eventually, after much flattery and entreaties, while the cat stole all the anchovies from the pizza, the police managed to prevent ask, the pizzaguy, from cutting off Takhisis' legs.

'Pity. His great-uncle made some awesome soup.' Takhisis remembered that soup, that was so tasty! Then he remembered what had come after the soup, and the Professor being carried away… 'Crazy awesome!'

'Both cookery and madness appear to run in the family' agreed the police inspector.
askthepizzaguy: 15 (choxorn; Winston Hughes; Jarrema; Mergle; BSmith1068; Dreadnought; DaveShack; dcmort93; mechaerik; Earthling; Gone 3 the Celt; Verarde; Backwards Logic; Beefy187; askthepizzaguy)
Verarde: 2 (The Black Knigh)
Jarrema: 5 (SamSniped; JoanK; classical_hero; topsecret; Double A)
Gone 3 the Celt: 1 (johnhughthom)

abstain: 1 (Buddhafish)

Not voting: no one :w00t:

Bids:
vibroblade: 3 (The Black Knigh)
Pistol: 4 credits (Dreanought)
Lightsabre: pretty vacant​
askthepizzaguy was lynched!
Spoiler :
He was Darth Revan!

He was the Dark Lord of the Sith!

Meanwhile, the cat had managed to steal the entire content of the pizza delivery guy's cargo, including another large anchovy pizza.

The highest bid for vibro-blade was The Black Knigh's, for Three Credits, and for Blaster Pistol was Dreadnought's, for Four Credits!

It is now Night Nine. It will last for 24 hours. Send in Night Orders!

Posting at Night is allowed.

Mhaoawuooaohuaaau.

Rroaaaoraauoa vaoaonoauaa.

Raoo nauouowuooau raoao.

<Thank you.

Have a good night.

I'm here every week.>

Well, now there will clearly be no need for this to go on too long. End the Sith menace and restore peace to the galaxy.

Darth Traya - SamSniped II
Darth Sion - classical_hero
Darth Malak - DaveShack

Might be off a little but I think that's at least two of three. If there's another, more probable on the Revanchist team, it'd be

Sith Janitor - Double A

Thoughts anyone? Obviously from the suspects but a few others hadn't been discussing a lot or maybe didn't have a lot of info.

The actual neutrals are in an interesting situation. I don't know how the town might interefere but probably not too much, however they can't all wind up on top.

A real pity. This move was so interesting. But oh well.

Knew it. Beyond all that babbling was the unflintching poker face of a bluffer. :p

Unflinching? :lol:

The reason pizza's in such a strop is because he got played, hard, and spent the whole round flinching his own plan to pieces. It was unlikely to work in the first place, but I wasn't about to give him any chance at all, which is why I specifically set out to make him angry, at which point I know that he becomes far less effective at manipulating people. It was brutal and dirty, and not something I'd usually feel very comfortable doing. But pizza has shown himself quite willing to use such darkside tactics in the past, and being as he's at least ten times the player I am, I felt it necessary to use whatever means I had at my disposal.

Now, with my would-be master out of the way, I can get back to being the neutral's neutral. Anybody want to buy a lightsabre? :deal:

Well, now there will clearly be no need for this to go on too long. End the Sith menace and restore peace to the galaxy.

Darth Traya - SamSniped II
Darth Sion - classical_hero
Darth Malak - DaveShack

Might be off a little but I think that's at least two of three. If there's another, more probable on the Revanchist team, it'd be

Sith Janitor - Double A

Thoughts anyone? Obviously from the suspects but a few others hadn't been discussing a lot or maybe didn't have a lot of info.

The actual neutrals are in an interesting situation. I don't know how the town might interefere but probably not too much, however they can't all wind up on top.

I am not Sith. I don't even have a lightsabre and I can't use the force. I honestly thought that ATPG would be a godfather figure, thankfully not everyone got bluffed by him.

Top Bottom