• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Latest Obama Gaffe...

So the billions in union legacy costs have nothing to do with the added cost to US automakers and the hemorrhaging of money?

Oh wait yes it did.:rolleyes:

Strawman. I never said they didn't. But the principle reason remains its failure to innovate to keep up with smaller, cheaper, more fuel efficient imported vehicles from Japan.

So the billions in union legacy costs have nothing to do with the added cost to US automakers and the hemorrhaging of money?

Oh wait yes it did.:rolleyes:

Oh wait, not it didn't. Truth of the matter is that American companies stopped making good cars. The Japanese *and their unions* made their cars cheaper, more fuel efficient, safer and better quality. The American automakers decided to ignore fuel efficiency, and stick with overpriced, overaccessorized monsters.

General Motors woke up one day and figured it would decide what car consumers ought to buy. The consumers figured that they should decide that for themselves. End of story.

Yeah, I mean, American cars suck nowadays. Whose fault is that? Not the Japanese. :rolleyes:

OH NO!! The TV-box told me that Obama said a GAFFE!! Oh dear! we must act upset, even though 57% of america don't even know what Gaffe means!

actually, look at what he said, he's f*cking correct and i'm glad he shows enough sympathy to these doomed folks to at least be honest.

YEE-HAW!

Ever since I lost my job at the fact'ry, I've been shootin' all my viddels from the outhouse! The stank keeps me focus'd!

Ev'ry Sunday too, I go 'an down to the church and listen to the pastor tell me about Almighty Jesus! Then we go on the weekly fag hunt... we bagged two of them last time! Took me home one for the wife and kids to play with in the backyard. Also shot me a couple 'uh brown people I saw walking down the street.

Now I'm gonna go down to the feed store and show off my new pick-up truck and my new gun. After that, I'm goin' to get the Confederate flag painted on the hood.

THE SOUTH SHALL RISE AGAIN! YEE-HAW!
LET'S SEE THE YANKS SAVE YAH THIS TIME, DARKIES!

Spoiler :
:rolleyes:

That guy looks like he could have bagged himself on his weekly hunt. Doesn't have the stereotypical crazy redneck look that puts fear into the liberal elite.

^We're talking about the Mid-West and Rustbelt Ama, not the South.

Though I did like the Catalonia post. :)
I was speaking more as a generic rural guy, at least as far as what Obama would probably think. Maybe he'd think of his racist grandmother, who he said was like every white person in America.

Strawman. I never said they didn't. But the principle reason remains its failure to innovate to keep up with smaller, cheaper, more fuel efficient imported vehicles from Japan.

Except that the US cars were comparable with cars from Japan in size and fuel economy. Japanese cars were cheaper because they didn't have the union costs. Not the companies fault the union. And you said it wasn't the union. You are wrong.

Its not a strawman.

Oh wait, not it didn't. Truth of the matter is that American companies stopped making good cars. Thats not a fact. Please try again. The Japanese *and their unions*And do you know the differences between the unions in Japan and the US? made their cars cheaper,Because it didn't have the legacy costs. more fuel efficient,Thats not true. safer Thats not true.and better quality.Again thats not true. The American automakers decided to ignore fuel efficiency,Witch is why the average US compact car got the same as Japanese cars. and stick with overpriced, overaccessorized monsters.So all they made were SUVs? No? But they did make a lot and seold a lot too didn't they?

General Motors woke up one day and figured it would decide what car consumers ought to buy.Yup from marking research. The consumers figured that they should decide that for themselves.And bought SUVs in bulk. End of story.
Your faiytale was amusing. To bad it was just a fairytale.

It was usually an effective tactic, another one of those tricks I had learned: People were satisfied so long as you were courteous and smiled and made no sudden moves. They were more than satisfied, they were relieved -- such a pleasant surprise to find a well-mannered young black man who didn't seem angry all the time.

Ya know, it is extremely, in fact staggeringly stupid to blame unions for what their employers chose to do. But it's a very conservative thing to do, in that the people responsible cannot possibly be held responsible by a conservative.

Non competitive industries can pass on any cost increase to customers with no loss to themselves rather than having to raise productivity. So it's easier to just give out fat contracts. If company A has a higher cost than company B, company B will raise it's prices enough to protect company A.

That's 50 years of the history of the steel and auto industries in a nutshell.

So when Japan reached the point of being competitive, they didn't do so because of cheaper labor, they did so because their factories were decades newer and each worker produced a superior product for less hours worked per car or ton produced.

And Japan kept investing! While the American companies demanded protectionism, Japan continued to improve, but the American companies refused to invest in modern mills and factories. So the Japanese kept getting better while the Americans never tried to get better.

So when talking about responsibility; Who made the decisions that caused the problem? Not a single one was made by unions :rolleyes:

Ya know, it is extremely, in fact staggeringly stupid to blame unions for what their employers Stupid is thinking that unions employ people.chose to do. But it's a very conservative thing to do, in that the people responsible cannot possibly be held responsible by a conservative. Strange as a conservative I hold people responsible for what they do all the time.

Non competitive industries can pass on any cost increase to customers with no loss to themselves rather than having to raise productivity. So it's easier to just give out fat contracts. If company A has a higher cost than company B, company B will raise it's prices enough to protect company A. Wow your grasp of business is just mind blowing.

That's 50 years of the history of the steel and auto industries in a nutshell. Yeah because the auto industry has no competition what so ever and the Japanese and Canadian steel industry raised their prices to make sure the US steel industry was protected.

So when Japan reached the point of being competitive, they didn't do so because of cheaper labor, they did so because their factories were decades newer and each worker produced a superior product for less hours worked per car or ton produced. And there were no union legacy costs or "job banks". Do you know what a "job bank" is?

And Japan kept investing! While the American companies demanded protectionism,Demanded? How exactly? Japan continued to improve, but the American companies refused to invest in modern mills and factories.Yup stupid business men never improved anything or built new plants. So the Japanese kept getting better while the Americans never tried to get better.Except they stayed on par with the Japanese.

So when talking about responsibility; Who made the decisions that caused the problem? Not a single one was made by unions :rolleyes:

So its not the unions fault for demanding over inflated wages, retirement packages that have lead to absurd legacy costs, job banks, and making those demands or threatening to shut down production totally thus ruin the company?

Whatever he decided to do it was his decision to make, not yours, and because of that fundamental power, he held over you, because it preceded and would outlast his individual motives, and inclinations, any distinction between good and bad whites held negligible meaning.

So its not the unions fault for demanding over inflated wages, retirement packages that have lead to absurd legacy costs, job banks, and making those demands or threatening to shut down production totally thus ruin the company?
Sounds like weak management that didn't know how to control their unions. Should of hired some better executives.

Top Bottom