• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Latest Obama Gaffe...

So the man speaks facts and somehow it's a gaffe? I've got so much to learn about American politics....

Speaks facts? Since when are misguided opinions facts?

Is it just me or does anyone else see that he is labeling people in small towns in Pennsylvania and in other small Midwest towns as bigots who cling to guns and religion and are anti-immigrant racists merely because they are bitter on how the Clintons and Bush's have treated them for the last 20 years?

Coming from a small town, I'd say he is right.

Is it just me

It's just you.

or does anyone else see that he is labeling people in small towns in Pennsylvania and in other small Midwest towns as bigots who cling to guns and religion and are anti-immigrant racists merely because they are bitter on how the Clintons and Bush's have treated them for the last 20 years?

Nope. Don't see it.

Secondly, the next obvious question is whats wrong with clinging to religion? Whats wrong with guns?

Well, if you're the unabomber, the branch davidian, timothy mcveigh or one of those types, there's nothing wrong with clinging to guns and religion instead of actually addressing your problems. On the other hand, people who aren't insane lunatics tend to get on with their lives.

Or are people who cling to both of those simply crazy rednecks who dont know any better?

Yes,

Speaks facts? Since when are misguided opinions facts?

Well coming from a rather small village/town myself I'd say he's spot bloody on.

Perhaps they should disarm and become atheists to prove Obama wrong. On a more positive note, at least they aren't clinging to religion and boxcutters - we would have to have homeland security round them up.

Y'know a good way to test for intelligence in dogs? Point at something. If the dog looks where you're pointing, its a smart dog. If the dog looks at your finger, its a stupid dog.

Obama's made a point about the small towns of the midwest and the rust belt, places like Minnesota and Wisconsin, New Jersey, Idaho, being ignored and overlooked. He's making a point that these regions have been in trouble for decades, but their troubles have been ignored. That's where he's pointing.

Mob Boss is attacking Obama's finger.

Jeez, man. Obama calls me up one night and asks how I feel, and suddenly he's making speeches about our phone call?! Not even getting any credit...

Well coming from a rather small village/town myself I'd say he's spot bloody on.

So they cling to their guns and religion out of frustration? Have you? Since you are from a small town?

Y'know a good way to test for intelligence in dogs? Point at something. If the dog looks where you're pointing, its a smart dog. If the dog looks at your finger, its a stupid dog.

Obama's made a point about the small towns of the midwest and the rust belt, places like Minnesota and Wisconsin, New Jersey, Idaho, being ignored and overlooked. He's making a point that these regions have been in trouble for decades, but their troubles have been ignored. That's where he's pointing.

Mob Boss is attacking Obama's finger.

Well maybe you should stop watching Obama's finger to see who's looking at it.

The unions destroyed the steel in PA and the auto sector in MI not immigrants. Taxes are making it difficult for more business to take root in those same areas. They haven't been overlooked. Their troubles haven't been ignored. Unless you think its the governments job to make sure jobs never go away. You'd think in decades people would learn to fend for them selves instead of waiting for someone to take care of them.

I guess they are to busy in church loading up on buck shot so they can blow away the "outsiders".

Even if it may be true for a good number of places, yeah, that was a pretty dumb thing for him to say. Nothing good would've come out of it.

Jeez, man. Obama calls me up one night and asks how I feel, and suddenly he's making speeches about our phone call?! Not even getting any credit...

To his credit, he did forget about the torches and pitchforks. :mischief:

Erm...what destroyed the Auto Sector was the lackluster performance against foreign car companies. The Japanese. Right in line with what I said.

So the billions in union legacy costs have nothing to do with the added cost to US automakers and the hemorrhaging of money?

Oh wait yes it did.:rolleyes:

I don't see how Clinton or Bush are responsible for job losses in Pensylvania. I agree with Obama that when the economy goes sour people get an irrational fear of free trade, immigration, and globalization but I don't know what he is talking about with guns and religion.

Though maybe midwesterners can fill me in. When you guys loose your job, do you go to the shooting range?

So they cling to their guns and religion out of frustration? Have you? Since you are from a small town?

A valid generalization does not have to be true for every instance of the thing to which the generalization applies.

A valid generalization does not have to be true for every instance of the thing to which the generalization applies.

C'mon Fifty, you know better than that. If there's ever one tiny little hole in anything you say then everything you say is wrong. Even if you mis spell something at times. It's how it works here. :D

Top Bottom