Leader Attributes Spreadsheet updated and ready for download!

Jaroth

Warlord
If anybody is interested, I updated my Leader Attributes Spreadsheet and uploaded it to the web. The spreadsheet gives a nice overview of why certain leaders act the way the do and what to expect from them.

All data is copied from each leader's XML file. I also verified and updated all the existing data because some leaders have been tweaked with the latest patch. All DLC leaders are included as well.

Also, keep in mind that these values range from -2 to +2 when a game is created.

Ex. Germany's initial bias towards war when meeting new major civs is 7. That means he could be as low as 5 (an average value) in some games and as high as 9 (a warmonger) in other games.

Here is a preview image of the spreadsheet:
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/3546/previewre.jpg

The Excel file (Office 2007) can be downloaded here:
http://www.filedropper.com/civ5leaderattributes_6

If you have an older version of Excel, here's the older file format:
http://www.filedropper.com/civ5leaderattributes_7

If you don't have Excel or can't import them, here is a PDF (image quality is lower):
http://www.filedropper.com/civ5leaderattributes_5

Note:

For those that may not know, here's how you sort rows instead of columns in Excel:

Select all the data (even the icons so they move along with the data).

Left-click, go to sort, then choose "custom sort".

Under the custom sort options, click on the "Options" button and choose "sort left to right".

Now the "Column" header will read as "Row" instead.

Choose the row # of data that you want to sort.

(An A-Z sort will sort data from lowest to highest)

Hey thanks a bunch for this! Very useful!

They should add something just for a bit of kick. The "Just losing it" attribute. The probability that a Civ will just go nuts and give up on winning the game to just completely screw someone (AI or human) up for seemingly no reason... At least then they can claim it was part of the design.

On a more serious note, what is the purpose of the Religion attribute, just the likelyhood of building temples and such?

They should add something just for a bit of kick. The "Just losing it" attribute. The probability that a Civ will just go nuts and give up on winning the game to just completely screw someone (AI or human) up for seemingly no reason... At least then they can claim it was part of the design.

On a more serious note, what is the purpose of the Religion attribute, just the likelyhood of building temples and such?

A relic from the code that they don't use currently.

You seem to have listed France's Spaceship and Offense flavors in red, despite both of them being six.

(and I think you accidentally put the Iroquois' loyalty as 7 instead of -7 :mischief:)

Thanks for doing this. Appreciate your work :) .

You seem to have listed France's Spaceship and Offense flavors in red, despite both of them being six.

Thanks for the correction. :goodjob: They must've been decreased with this new patch and I missed them while checking for colors to change.

If anybody sees anything else, please let me know.

Also, since you have a Montezuma avatar, I'll reward you (;)) with a Civ5 Monty avatar I Photoshopped a while back; if you're interested.

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i425/jpbar81/MontyHead.gif

Is it possible that you add some explanations to the categories? That would be great.

Many are pretty obvious, but please let me know which ones you're questioning. I may have an idea about them.

The ones I'm not too sure of myself are:

Personalities

Diplomatic Balance: Not sure what this is exactly. I would've initially guessed it has something to do with the leader's tendency to get angry over amassing alliances with city-states, but there is already a city-state competitiveness entry. Also, Alexander with his special ability has a more protective bias towards city-states and a high Diplomacy flavor. Yet, this Diplomatic Balance of his is very low. Perhaps that may hint towards what it's for.

Also, should I refer to it as Diplomacy Balance? The XML entry is named <DiploBalance>.

Flavors

First, I think flavors refer to the AI's tendency to build like-flavored buildings and units and helps them decide what to build each time. It may even refer to AI strategies since I think they're tagged with flavors as well. Ex: A temple is tagged with the culture flavor, so leaders with a higher culture flavor rating will be more likely to build this over or before other choices they may have to build during a given time. So with that in mind...

Military Training: Does this refer to their tendancy to build military units or to constructing military buildings which grant XP? Or both?

Infrastructure: I believe this refers to buildings in general (could be wrong). Does this also apply to roads/railroads or are they under the Tile Improvements flavor?

Diplomacy: Not sure what this is for since there's already a city-state competitivess, dipomatic balance, and city-state biases. Perhaps this controls the AI strategies towards diplomacy? Or is for constructing things with the Diplomacy flavor? The only one I could think of that may have this is the United Nations.

Religion: Probably leftover from early implementations of religion in the game which were abandoned. I predict that it'll be put to use once again when the expansion is released.

-------------------

Also, with regards to Naval Tile Improvement. Why do you think some leaders have low scores? If anything, they should at least be a medium value. Fish is fish; it's good for city growth (not to mention other luxuries in the sea). You don't have to be a seafaring civ like Spain, England, or Polynesia to value water improvements.

For example: Gandhi has a Naval Tile Improvement value of 3. I think it would benefit his vertical-growth oriented cities to favor water resources more. It'd be a shame if he tends to neglect improving fish resources for a number of turns to build regular farms or even trading posts/mines on land.

Diplomatic balance I think would be ease of which to "strike a deal" with a leader (eg in my current game as Arabia, I'm trading a heap of luxuries. I've noticed some leaders will only trade for less than others (eg If I offer say spices to Elizabeth and Ramesses (under the exact same relations), Elizabeth will pay 10 GPT, while if I offer them to Ramesses he'll offer 10 GPT only if I give him Spices and ~47 gold). Atleast, looking through afew of the xml files, it seems higher ratings are those who are willing to give you a better deal in diplomacy...

Flavors were used in civ 4, atleast I saw the tags there. It's effects AI decision making (eg high culture flavor = focus on culture)...I think atleast anyway

Diplomacy might just effect the "how the AI wants to win the game" ie how likely he is to go for diplo win...

Thanks for the correction. :goodjob: They must've been decreased with this new patch and I missed them while checking for colors to change.[/URL]

You know this can be automated with cells formula in XLS or ODS, don't you?
Even the Vanilla (CIV5Leader_*) XML files can be parsed & linked to specific rows & columns -- through scripting.
;)

Anyone have an saved version of this? OP's links are dead. Or better yet, an updated version (I assume the personalities changed with the latest update).

I'd do it myself, but I have no idea where to get access to these stats.

edit: found them at \Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v\assets\Gameplay\XML\Leaders

Since the OP's files are MIA, I've gone ahead and scraped the data from the XML files myself to create a (much uglier) version of this chart.
You can download it at http://www.mediafire.com/?kdzyugv4y9uqjng (800KB, *.xls format)

Or if you prefer to view it as a picture, try http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/5966/civ5personalitiesv13.png :
Spoiler :

Unfortunately, I only have the Spain+Inca DLC, so none of the other DLC civs are included here (other than the Mongols, who aren't really DLC because they're free). But if anyone gifts me any of the other DLC civs, I'd be happy to add them to the chart! ;)

Hello everyone, this is my first post on the civfanatics forums *yaaay!!* :goodjob:

I just wanted to say WOBUFFET did me a great favor making this huge effort to REPLICATE [:lol:] OP's work. Jokes aside, I really thank you for this, even if it looks "quite" ugly :p

EDIT: I believe some forums hate people bumping old threads -.- Sorry if it's the case here...

EDIT2: How the f*** could Gandhi ever have such Nuke level?! I actually looked in the game files and it's not a mistake! Is it exactly what it looks like? Gandhi massively destroying?!

Top Bottom