[LP] Leader Pass Pack 4: Rulers of the Sahara (Feb. 2023) - Patch Notes Discussion

ugh why didnt i disable my mods in advance. i cant even get to the screen to disable them before the game crashes. tried reverting to a modset with less mods but now w/o the quick startup one i cant get past the little disclaimer thingy before a crash.
Remove the mod folder.....

Edit: and by remove i mean cut and paste it elsewhere in case you need to put it back there

Last edited:
Remove the mod folder.....
oh thats a good idea, ive already just unsubbed to all my mods on steam tho
I try to alert everyone to do this before the update.
yeah, i blame hubris

@fy00sh - I'm assuming you're using FF16's Enhanced Mod Manager? What I do, and what may help you in the future, is to create a bare bones mod loadout that includes just a few mods like the Quick Start or Suk's Civ Selection Screen. Nothing that changes gameplay or large UI overhauls.

@fy00sh - I'm assuming you're using FF16's Enhanced Mod Manager? What I do, and what may help you in the future, is to create a bare bones mod loadout that includes just a few mods like the Quick Start or Suk's Civ Selection Screen. Nothing that changes gameplay or large UI overhauls.
see im at the stage now where i have my default mod manager loadout as only having the mod manager mod itself active and the game still keeps crashing. one time it left behind a window of "run dll" or smth that i couldnt open from my taskbar and had to close manually. powershell.exe got an "unknown hard error" too and the toolbar dissapeared entirely so i have zero clue whats going on. just turned my laptop off by holding the power button, turned it back on, at this point idk if i should bother still trying to open civ6
edit: ok i tried one more time and it worked fine now. i will now always disable all my mods before an update im NOT dealing with that again

Last edited:
I found an undocumented change, looks like a fix for Nader Shah ability.
File GreatWarlords_Leaders.xml, line 304.
They added "opponent is not district" to the requirements. Previously was only "opponent not wounded" and "player is attacker". I suppose Nader got also +5 when attacking districts without that fix?

They added "opponent is not district" to the requirements. Previously was only "opponent not wounded" and "player is attacker". I suppose Nader got also +5 when attacking districts without that fix?
Yes. I noted that as a potential fix in the bug thread. Guess they did it.

oh cool, i remember discussing that.
yeah, before the game was, i think, checking for anything but a "damaged unit", which included all city centers and prolly encampments since they arent units, rather than checking for all units that werent damaged like im guessing it does now. so their ability got stealth-nerfed to be more in line with the description, tho imo i wouldve preferred seeing the description get changed to match the way the ability worked since it was a nice little buff

Anyone playing? Wondering if Ramses feels OP or not?

(I'm a Mac player and unable to access the pass)
I played for about 45 minutes on my lunch break. I built the Great Bath while buying units to defend against barbarian incursions. It was pretty nice to absolutely wallop a full ancient era civic in one turn (and then some) and add a few tiles to my capital. I am a bit worried that my neighbors will start forward settling me soon if I don't expand though. I may have to carve off the cities they put in my floodplains region.

I wouldn't say he's particularly OP, but it's a nice suite of abilities that work well together.

I played for about 45 minutes on my lunch break. I built the Great Bath while buying units to defend against barbarian incursions. It was pretty nice to absolutely wallop a full ancient era civic in one turn (and then some) and add a few tiles to my capital. I am a bit worried that my neighbors will start forward settling me soon if I don't expand though. I may have to carve off the cities they put in my floodplains region.

I wouldn't say he's particularly OP, but it's a nice suite of abilities that work well together.

I think I'm the most excited to play as Ramses (I love playing as Egypt, I love a culture game, and I loves me a wonder) (additional bonus: if you are Ramses, don't ever have to look at Ramses).

While Sundiata's ability is certainly more interesting when it comes to gameplay, getting these passive culture boosts by building wonders I was going to build anyway, and in turn, unlocking more wonders on the civic tree, is hugely appealing.

I was curious though, if we would start hearing the "game breaking" chorus as we did with Yongle at the release of the China pass...

I think I'm the most excited to play as Ramses (I love playing as Egypt, I love a culture game, and I loves me a wonder) (additional bonus: if you are Ramses, don't ever have to look at Ramses).

While Sundiata's ability is certainly more interesting when it comes to gameplay, getting these passive culture boosts by building wonders I was going to build anyway, and in turn, unlocking more wonders on the civic tree, is hugely appealing.

I was curious though, if we would start hearing the "game breaking" chorus as we did with Yongle at the release of the China pass...
Ramses' design approach is more straight forward than Yongle. The only concession that you should make is to build MORE Wonders, which is contrary to Yongle, who requires a bit more strategic thought. The downside of Ramses is the opportunity cost. You're building wonders, but you aren't building other things, when you really should be, like units, builders, and settlers. I was lucky to get a pair of builders from goodie huts, which I used to chop the Great Bath. The RNG gods benefitted me in my time of need. Without them, I would have spent quite a few more turns on the wonder and less building other things.

So, no. I don't think we will be seeing outbursts about Ramses breaking the game. The tiles and civics that you pick up come at the cost of sacrificing other important priorities at the altar of wonder building.

Hm. Steam says that my download is 213.3 MB, but that's 6.5 GB on disk. Which, crazy compression if true, but also, I don't see a 1.07 GB download.

EDIT: Well, whatever. It's all working just fine.

Ramses' design approach is more straight forward than Yongle. The only concession that you should make is to build MORE Wonders, which is contrary to Yongle, who requires a bit more strategic thought. The downside of Ramses is the opportunity cost. You're building wonders, but you aren't building other things, when you really should be, like units, builders, and settlers. I was lucky to get a pair of builders from goodie huts, which I used to chop the Great Bath. The RNG gods benefitted me in my time of need. Without them, I would have spent quite a few more turns on the wonder and less building other things.

So, no. I don't think we will be seeing outbursts about Ramses breaking the game. The tiles and civics that you pick up come at the cost of sacrificing other important priorities at the altar of wonder building.

Thank you for the thoughtful answer. I hope his ability is not nerfed by the time I get to play him on Mac. Enjoy your game and good luck!

Top Bottom