[LP] Leader Pass Pack 5: Great Builders (Mar. 2023) - Patch Notes Discussion

Has anyone noticed any "miscellaneous model and animation polish" yet? I haven't been able to spot any major changes, so I'm guessing it's just clipping issues and such being fixed.

Well I was right about Theodora not really synergising with Byzantium but it doesn't really matter - her Leader Ability is insanely strong, I just got a t139 Religious Victory with her. Three core cities with Holy Sites having 5 farms around them, doubled with Theology, coupled with Work Ethic is 30 Faith, 30 Culture and 30 Production! Normally those types of yields need desert or tundra with the relevant pantheons which means they are crappy tiles but her ability means it is tiles that will grow your cities so your science keeps up through population. Really fun to play, and yes the wonder start helped lol.

FarmsHolySites.png

anyone else having download and install extreme times ? Steam has been at it for over 30 minutes, and still hasen't finished the validating part... I seem to be in a loop of downloading/patching/validating restarting all the time

I think it may be an ironic commentary on how unstable the game has been during its life cycle
Often easier to address these things when the game is outside of its regular development / support cycle.

This isn't an excuse, just an explanation of how things are.

NEW ABILITY: METANOIA (RESTORER OF ICONS)
Metanoia actually means a change of mind. It was the name of a convent established by Theodora to rehabilitate former sex workers.

I assume the former name of the ability was a mistaken reference to a different Empress Theodora, the wife of Theophilos who reigned a few hundred years later and brought about the end of iconoclasm.

If Theodora has desert folklore and the holy sites are next to farms on desert floodplains... what kind of adjacency bonus do you get from that? +2 per tile?
Yes, they get a seperate +1 from Farm seperate to the +1 from a Desert tile.

Metanoia actually means a change of mind. It was the name of a convent established by Theodora to rehabilitate former sex workers.

I assume the former name of the ability was a mistaken reference to a different Empress Theodora, the wife of Theophilos who reigned a few hundred years later and brought about the end of iconoclasm.
There is some contradictions regarding this. In the livestream yesterday they verbally stated the LUA to be Metanoia, but in the chat kept referring to it as Restorer of Icons. Today, if you go to official page on Civilization.com you can see they still call it Restorer of Icons. It's also called that during the First Look video. However, the in-game text does list it as Metanoia.

Metanoia is the correct name of the LUA, but to avoid confusion because of the two names referenced at various times I placed the incorrect name in parenthesis so people would at least know they reference the same ability. :)

Underwhelming. Seems like fun things could be done with Theodora, once or twice, but the other two are completely uninteresting.

Seems like fun things could be done with Theodora, once or twice, but the other two are completely uninteresting.
Getting a bonus from incomplete wonders that becomes Tourism at Defensive Tactics Castles doesn't interest you?? You are very jaded my friend!

Last edited:
Maybe I'll give Ludwig a try at some point.

I don't like Sejong's ability at all. To get the most of it, you should go into every city and maximise your science on the turn before unlocking the first technology of a new era. Then you should go back in and set everything back to how it's supposed to be. This game doesn't need more of this kind of gamey micromanagement, in my opinion. We already have swapping out techs/civics halfway through to avoid wasting eurekas/inspirations, we have the policy cards you swap in for a turn or two to do a bunch of purchases, we have the shuffling of governors to gain access to certain tile improvements and district purchasing. This ability is just another hassle, as far as I'm concerned.

Also: this is the great builders pack...here's a bunch of culture bonuses.

5e9h3s9tokw71.jpg

I'm here for the crash fixes actually. Something happened a few updates ago that is giving me issue.

Top Bottom