1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Leaders of Varietas Delectat

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Mod Components' started by avain, Apr 29, 2009.

1. ChicagoNik

ChicagoNik Chieftain

has the bug for modern era been fixed? last time I had to uninstall it and then I had a bunch of xml problems, long story short I had to take out all the other mods and reinstall them :crazyeye: cause I'm completely computer illiterate lol

2. avain

avain (key)

As some files are overwriting others if you install modern era or leaders of VD for example, then you have to reinstall VD...

3. avain

avain (key)

Here's a quick compatibility patch for VD7.0 for those who know how to overwrite the old file, I'm updating the main download anyway:

Attached Files:

4. avain

avain (key)

5. Sir Pustekuchen

Sir Pustekuchen Chieftain

Hi,

your mod is great, but unfortunately I only can play it in english language. If I choose the german or french language in the options, no leader names are shown. There is no text, not in the civilopedia nor in the leaders screen. But only if I use a non english version.

I installed VD 7.0 and LoVD 2.01 on BtS 3.19. Can anybody help me with this problem? We want to play a LAN game on friday and some other players don't speak english. I think there is a little bug in some xml data...

Cheers
    Sir Pustekuchen

6. Sir Pustekuchen

Sir Pustekuchen Chieftain

I found the bug by myself. Some of the leaders don't work correct with other languages as English. So I took some time (about 4h) and fixed the bug for all leaders in this mod.

Short explanation:
    In the files *_CIV4GameText.xml from the order of the different leaders I added the language keys where they were missed. Now you can play with all the other languages too. But I didn't translate all the stuff! You will get the English text where it was missed.

@avain: Perhaps you can fix it in your mod. I uploaded the corrected files. I didn't change anything. I only added the missed xml keys and inserted the English text's. So now your mod can be played at our LAN ;-)

Attached Files:

7. Alarconte

Alarconte Chieftain

Hi, great work with the expansion leaderheads for the VD!

(deleted post)

EDIT: The fix in all languajes works fine, it was a error of compatibility with others modules that wasn't optimizated for all languajes)

8. xilr

xilr Warlord

Is there a way to add the extra leaders from this Mod into Quot Capita 5.3? I know its supposed to be easy and modular but apparently its not easy enough for me. :( If its possible, maybe someone would be so kind as to provide directions to add these extra leaders to Quot Capita 5.3?

9. nailclippers

nailclippers Chieftain

Sorry for the bump, but I'm curious about this as well. I tried doing it myself but I apparently don't know anything about modding because I couldn't get it to work. I too would appreciate any directions that anyone might be able to give :)

10. AthenaMaria

AthenaMaria Chieftain

will this work with BTS 3.19?

11. Angelscotboi

Angelscotboi Emperor

I uh downloaded and installed it. As its only extra leaders to be added on with VD I should imagine it does.

My question to Avain is now this:
    I dont like that this mod has Bush and Obama as leaders. The leaders for Civs in Civ are supposed to be Great Leaders that will be remembered for all history. They have to have done something amazing or unspeakbly evil to be in the list.

Bush is a blithering warmongering idiot who didnt do anything except distract the US and the world from the looming economic problems by declaring war willy nilly (personally I am glad he isnt President anymore if he had stayed on I guarantee he would be responsible for killing us all in the prophesised 2012 apocalypse). And Obama hasnt been in office long enough to be a Great Leader. Reagan was a nice choice; Clinton also would have been a good choice.
    Plus the USA already has too many leaders.

If I just deleted their folders it wouldnt cause any problems would it? Or would I need to locate their XML files and disable them?

12. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

The best and quickest way to get rid of them is to go into the CivilizationInfos.xml file, find the Americans and delete where it says something like:

Code:
    				<Leader>
    					<LeaderName>LEADER_BUSH</LeaderName>
    					<bLeaderAvailability>1</bLeaderAvailability>
    				</Leader> 
    				<Leader>
    					<LeaderName>LEADER_OBAMA</LeaderName>
    					<bLeaderAvailability>1</bLeaderAvailability>
    				</Leader> 
    You have to delete everything from <Leader> to </Leader> in both cases, make sure you only delete these parts. They may still show up in the civilopedia (because the leader info is still there) but they will be effectively removed from the Americans.

13. DnBBitmans

DnBBitmans Chieftain

Avain it is planned updatings of leaders to 9 Varietas_Delectat?

14. avain

avain (key)

Yes, I will check this mod, too.
    My heart pains thou, since there are so many BRILLIANT LHs made, and even with this smaller, optimized set on Windows we start seeing MAFs (memory allocation errors) if combined with VD. :mad::cry:

15. avain

avain (key)

I'm currently working on a new version of this mod.
    I have some excellent optimizations included done some time ago by Achilleszero.
    I've also learned a couple of optimization tricks myself, so I'm optimizing further, whenever it's possible.
    There are updated LHs available (new version, shadered version, you name it!), which of course I'll be using.
    I have high hopes for this new version.
    Stay tuned!

16. avain

avain (key)

There were some excellent new LHs, so I could update some old ones.
    Besides this... Optimizations, optimizations, optimizations!
    The average size of a LH is now below 5Mb! I have now 41 LHs here with only 190Mb! :eek: :nuke: :p
    If you are interested how I did it, see this post: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=9216675&postcount=47

17. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

Just saw your newly optimized Mongkut and Gustav Adolf :goodjob:
    Do you plan to include them here too?
    Perhaps some other optimized LHs are also on thier way?

18. avain

avain (key)

Would you like to see them added?
    The main gripe of mine with adding leaderheads without limits is of course the limits of this particular memory model used by the Civ engine on Windows. I.e. I hate how the hard work invested manifests itself into a big fat MAF.

19. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

I'm not really sure where to add them
    I guess Gustav could go to the Vikings, but still not the perfect solution

Btw, unfortunately I also get MAFs every now and then, so I know what you are talking about :(
    Just hoped that now, with your optimized leaders there is "room" for much more art than previously...

20. IgorS

IgorS Your ad could be here!

Just a question: with how many civs on a map you are playing when you get MAFs?