Leaders of Varietas Delectat

I have a new task for you, guys!

I'd like Realistic Diplomacy to be incorporated: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=330881

This basically means that leaders forget things easier.

You need more details just ask.

Actually I already considered to change some of the <MemoryDecays> and <MemoryAttitudePercents>, I think I even asked TAdF whether he changes those for the new personalities or not.
Eventually I decided against this in the personalities I made, as it would be totally random for most leaders. We have almost nothing to base these on...
I only changed some of the <ContactRands> and <ContactDelays>, but even that was rare.

Furthermore, there are already options for forgetting all the smaller events. This modcomp just adds a few more lines to be able to forget the biggest negative events, war declarations, nukes, etc.
Are you sure you want options for those? I mean, if all the negative diplomacy modifiers are gone in a few turns, every leader will be friendy towards you near the endgame.
Wouldn't it ruin having big world wars in the late game, and of course ruin the diplomatic victory?

Having said that, If you really want to include it, I already asked a few question about this in Afforess's thread.

Are you sure you want options for those? I mean, if all the negative diplomacy modifiers are gone in a few turns, every leader will be friendy towards you near the endgame.
Wouldn't it ruin having big world wars in the late game, and of course ruin the diplomatic victory?

This is why I don't do it, personally. "More realistic diplomacy" in this case translates to more forgiving leaders, which makes Epic and Marathon AI leaders pushovers.
I mean I'm all for realism (the reason why I started doing personalities for leaders to begin with), but sometimes you just have to limit what you do in order to keep from harming gameplay (same reason why I tend to also suggest avoiding extremes, and limiting how many leaders stand even a low chance of destroying captured towns.)

This was my first impression, too. My initial though was that the values Afforess set would be too low, so maybe something higher should be good.
I just don't have too much experience with this, meaning leaders forgetting stuff.
What I do want to achieve is that leaders do have a chance to forget everything, and not stick to grievances the whole game (but still for a fairly long time if it was a big deal)
What are the current values? I might need to check that...

Alright, I will implement those too, but with significantly higher values than Afforess used.
Btw I think there are a couple other memory entries that can have MemoryDecays or MemoryAttitudePercents, so I will wait till Afforess can second this as I want to add all these at once...

Thanks a bunch!
Just really don't go overboard, I'd be really happy with slight modifications to vanilla, just a bit of spicing up.

On a different note: with the MAF fix working so great (I'm currently running a Large Perfect map game for over 900 turns and 15 civs continuously with all of the LHs of QC/Leaders of VD), I got new motivation to do some more leaderhead optimizations...

Hello,

I installed this in order to have more leaders in the BAT mod. However, when selecting a game, none of the leaders appear, in the Civilopedia they appear fine but without a flag denoting their country underneath it. The file path for all of the leaderheads is BTS>Mods>BAT Mod 3.0>Assets>Modules>Custom Leaderheads. I did notice that there was no XML folder at the bottom of the file list, like in the Hungary leaders. Help would be GREATLY appreciated. Also, sorry if I didn't explain this well enough, I will try to provide clarification if requested.

Thanks in advance,
Radio Noer

Okay, I think the issue may be that you haven't overwritten the "VD_Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml" file when you installed; this mod actually edits that file in the "Varietas Delectat" module.

Try running the set-up for this again, and make sure to allow any overwriting. That should hopefully fix the problem, but if not, I'll send you the file you need.

Why thank you very much, it worked like a charm, let me show you my gratitude with overstated and flattering remarks!

1. You are not a great person, but that is only because you are the greatest person ever.

2. Your intelligence allows you to play Chuck Norris at Diety and win :eek:.

3. If you were to die in a horrible freak accident :cry:, the entire world would have a day of mourning for you and your talent.

N.B. These remarks also go to all those who helped with this mod :goodjob:

Okay, this is an old thread, and I don't know if anyone will answer, but I have a problem. Somw of the LH's don't have diplo music, and if I play as those leaders, there is no music from the cities.....
Am I the only one with this problem?

Would it be possible for someone to please put up a new download link for Leaders of Varietas Delectat 3.2 as the hosting site atomic gamer is now shut down. This mod looks amazing, so excited, hope I can play it, thanks to anyone who updates the link or puts up a new download link!

Top Bottom