Leoreth Appreciation Thread

A Poem for Leoreth (Artistic Liberties apply)

Oh mighty Rhye, founder of RFC,
Patron of those who love history,
Your works have been refined by the stern but benevolent Leoreth
Whose mighty efforts, sweat bursting from his brow, fingers tightened from long use,
Make a mod already giving honor to the struggles of history even more realistic

Oh great Leoreth, who stands alone carrying the torch of history safely,
Avoiding the raging seas of arbitrary randomness and excessive attention to detail,
Your work turning a game that was once old, into a game worth more than precious gems
Your work binding the tattered remnants of a beloved community brought low by age
Your work redeeming old-school game design,

Let yourself be enshrined in the halls of Mod development
Let yourself bow to none in submission, but show your face proudly amongst the great modders old and new
May your work bring you and others joy until it ceases, and even beyond that, your legacy being indestructible,
Until the last breath of humanity and its spirit is drawn.
this should be in the game somewhere

After all these years still you continue to tinker and work on this grand project, long after I have slipped away into darkness and silence. Maybe there's something to this Protestant work ethic after all, heh. :mischief:
Hit me up if you ever somehow find yourself in Austria and I'll buy you a drink. :beer:

I’d like to acknowledge the savage tear Big L has been on recently squashing bugs and tweaking code like a madman. 🏆🏆🏆

Omg he slayed the mythical beast I'd always thought was hardcoded:

New update: player options are no longer reset when switching to a different civilization.

What's strangely hardcoded (as far as I can tell) is that the menu selection does not get updated to reflect the changed settings.

Sorry for keeping this in for so long, I was entirely unaware that this is a problem because I usually play with the default options. Apparently that created the idea that it was impossible to fix so nobody bothered to report it. Anyway, thanks to everyone who made me aware, once I knew how to reproduce the problem it was an easy fix.

What's strangely hardcoded (as far as I can tell) is that the menu selection does not get updated to reflect the changed settings.

Sorry for keeping this in for so long, I was entirely unaware that this is a problem because I usually play with the default options. Apparently that created the idea that it was impossible to fix so nobody bothered to report it. Anyway, thanks to everyone who made me aware, once I knew how to reproduce the problem it was an easy fix.

Mein Herr, may you never say "sorry" again. This was a great victory. *We* would be the sorry ones if there were any. I wonder how many others just took this for granted as I had. 🏆

I first played this mod in secondary school, I now work in designing strategic games :D

Can you say where?

Top Bottom